AoE is too good

Come to Herod Alliance and tell me how many groups there are running “normally”. Even malee cleaves are rare. But as stated before, this will all die down once people have leveled and get into raids.

Agreed. My wife’s boyfriend is a mage and groups are always looking for mages.

Pretty sad to me when people just want to roll with AoE and that’s it. It’s still early on and I expect as an increasing number of non-hardcores start making it up that you’ll have more and more people who don’t care to play in such a way. Should make it easier to find groups that don’t require AoE. Personally I like marking and CCing and single targeting. I’m down for AoE too but certainly wouldn’t be a requirement in my groups.

3 Likes

Blizz constantly balances and mitigates issues like this with patches.

If you want to join an AOE farming dungeon run…than sure. How about trying to join normal dungeon groups instead.

It’s not 2004. People have better things to do then LARP as ignorant first-timers

1 Like

No they won’t because this isn’t a fresh franchise. You’re playing 1.13 final balance, what it is now is what it will be. I thought we all understood this? They aren’t changing classic balance to suit you.

welcome to the classic meta.

I have to agree 100%. It did not exist in vanilla, it was all about CC and controlling the fights. I actually hate this mindset, for me is boring as hell

4 Likes

Yet most of the communities on P servers didn’t run AoE groups constantly. There was still diversity.

1 Like

Um I will own a rogue on half the classes. Shadow priests are god tier world PVP, dbl sac warlock, hunter kiting with HM.

How about trying to stun a warrior with 40% chance to avoid stun? Stop exaggerating, if a rogue isn’t decked out and gets the opener they have nearly zero chance. Even with the opener half the classes counter rogues.

Arena, well that’s different because we’re talking about team synergies.

I did that last night. I just wanted to do a normal ZF run, with all the quest and the mallet. Ended up with 3 meme specs in one group and we smashed it (kinda haha).

Meh. Let people play how they like. I’m not sure what they’re rushing to 60 to do exactly but to each his/her own.

I look at Classic as a nostalgia trip so I’m going through as many zones as I can. All the things we lost in Cata are back so that’s where the focus is for my Guild and myself.

3 Likes

This was absolutely doable in vanilla, but it does sound like Demo Shout is bugged and generating more aggro than it’s supposed to.

Did this all the time in Strat back in the day. Most groups were just too scared to try it.

It’s a meta thing, not a numbers thing. “Common sense” back then was to use CC, so that’s what groups defaulted to. We didn’t have streamers spreading strats everywhere, so trends didn’t spread anywhere near as quickly.

1 Like

Ok? Spellcleave groups don’t even need a tank. Your boycott will do nothing.

Except that’s not really true, me and a mage ended a BRD full clear with exact same amount dmg done, his was 83% AoE, mine only 11%. we were same level as well and equally geared

XD what? you know rogues can pick their fights and typically dont miss their openers. I would agree that my hunter eats rogues, but i have to know they are there first.

look up a few classic rogue videos. your statement is false. Most rogues can out play most classes, and just avoid the ones they can’t.

Im being hyperbolic; But if you think youll be doing okay in lower BRD or UBRS/LBRS where your BiS drops then youre mistaken. Gymic bosses are Gymic bosses and will stonewall the people who assume they can mage farm everything.

Spellcleave is different than spaz mages basically.

1 Like

We did it whenever a Pally we were friends with was around. He was T2 geared and loved Tanking Strat UD for us since he was stuck healing for his Guild. We’d fly through those runs with him tanking in Holy spec.

Yeah no.
Go back to retail this is classic ain’t no changes coming