AOE and Auto Looting?

I’d prefer to not have Auto Loot or AOE Looting because that wasn’t Vanilla. But given that the client is based on Retail, will there be:

• A toggle for Auto Loot.
  • AOE Looting by looting a single mob to get all in range.

These things were not in Vanilla, but I can’t see any mention of them being disabled or removed in Classic. Will they be removed, or are they being left as one of those “Not an issue” things, like Open All on the mailbox?

The toggle for autoloot is left shift.

12 Likes

Toggle for AoE looting is time =)

4 Likes

In Vanilla that’s the modifier. In Retail there is a checkbox toggle to reverse that functionality so that Shift doesn’t auto loot, and right click does.

r/whoooosh
They where not in Classic so of course they wouldn’t be in classic when it releases.

2 Likes

Neither was the “Open All” button on mail, but it will be there.

2 Likes

In retail you still have to click on corpse to loot. So technically it’s not auto loot.

In Vanilla, you had to hold shift to loot everything on a corpse. It was “called” auto-loot, by the community. Consider it a term, not a technical mechanic.

In Retail there is a toggle called “Auto Loot” which reverses the mechanic, so that right click loots everything, and shift right click requires you to select each item for looting.

1 Like

I know. I’m just being cheeky.

4 Likes

Poe’s Law.

Many people don’t realise that you had to hold shift in Vanilla.

Funny enough, I remember before the shift option was even available. I think it was added 1.12 or around that. I know auto loot was in TBC.

AOE loot is a bad idea if you’re a skinner anyway otherwise people will ninja your skins.

The shift option was either always there or pretty early. My muscle memory still remembers skinning with it.

The “Auto Loot” toggle button in settings was added in TBC, 2.01 I think.

2 Likes

One of the QOL changes I don’t mind if they add. It doesn’t really change much, just removes a time-wasting annoying feature.

Plenty of other time-intensive features still in the game that are actually part of gameplay.

4 Likes

You will probably not see it. I expect blizz will just disable it from the UI client.

Mods that were incorporated into game play are one thing. I don’t mind being able to auto-open all my mail with the click of a button, as postman did that in classic.

There was no mod that would group loot mobs for you. WoW was intentionally hard. Let’s keep it that way and no group looting.

Patch 2.0.1

• Auto-loot may be enabled with just one click in the Interface Options.

if i remember correctly the demo had
an option to just turn on auto loot.

but aoe looting was not to be seen. and god i hope it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

yes but shift click looting was still around. i bet we just see the version where you just click and auto loot everything on the mob though.

1 Like

Good. I always hated that leather thieves would start on your AOE pack the moment you looted one. Single looting would always allow you to loot, skin, loot, skin, loot, skin, etc.

Pretty hardline nochange’r here, but no-shift auto loot might make my list.

No AoE loot, of course.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m less worried about the Auto-Loot reversal toggle. AOE looting can’t be there though.

1 Like