Anyone tired of "new races" being copy pasted already available races?

Depends on the race. But yea, most of them could very well just be customization options for the core races. Allied races for the most part just… no, no. Opinions don’t matter.

Anyway I do like Dark Iron racials Fire based and shut in doors

I have mixed feelings due to the fact I really like Kul Tiran and Vulpera but the rest of the so called Allied Races could of just been customizations for the Core Races.

However in the case of upcoming Earthen Dwarves I’m glad it’s going to bring an unaltered Dwarf model option to Horde after Alliance got the unaltered Blood Elf model for Void Elves and in return we got botched Night Elves instead of actual Night Elves for Nightborne.

4 Likes

new cosmetics are new cosmetics, even if they are just a recolor of existing cosmetics.

It’s easier to reskin an existing race than to make a completely new one or put new animations on an NPC race’s models, which is why they keep doing it. They only ever come up with new skeletons once in a blue moon now.

Heck, the race you’re posting on right now has access to three different models, two of which are obvious male blood elf and female human reskins, and though the third looks brand-new, I’ve heard claims that it’s built off the female worgen or incubus model.

They’re not a subrace of modern dwarves, they’re the progenitors of those dwarves who never got turned into flesh and bone, making them unique from every other race in that regard. And they’re available to both factions instead of just the Alliance. For all the cries of “[allied race] should’ve been customization for [core race]”, earthen are far too detached from dwarves to be customization for the latter.

I don’t know why there’s so much protest over reskinned races when a good chunk of players would unironically shart themselves with joy over race slots being used on high elves, forest trolls, Wildhammer dwarves, leper gnomes, taunka, man’ari, Broken, etc. Or at least they would’ve in the past. Given the apathy toward earthen despite that race being requested for years, I’m guessing most of these races (except high elves, obviously) would be met with complaints that they’re reskins instead of sethrak or ogres and denial that they were widely requested in the first place.

1 Like

I remember the days when we alternated a new class and a couple new races every expansion…

It’d probably get easier if you stopped browsing deviantart smut

I’ve never been there and never had any dirty thoughts about drac’thyr

5 Likes

There’s a lot of races that I wish were playable. Don’t get me wrong I love Dracthyr. But there’s a lot of other races that I would love to see given to players. We’ll just have to wait and see what Blizz does in the future.

Gimme playable murlocs.

4 Likes

Honestly if we’re not getting already established stuff like Ogres, Hozen/Jinyu, etc. then I’m fine with getting things like Earthen over say Dracthyr.

If they put in the effort of making an all-new playable race, they’d better make damned sure it’s something players actually want.

As we’ve seen with diaper gnomes, and androgynous salamanders, they’ve got no fricking idea what players want.

4 Likes

It was never a hard rule and changed after mists.

TBC - New races
Wraith - New Class
Cata - New races
Panda - New Race & Class
WoD - Nothing
Legion - New Class
BFA - Allied Races
SLs - Nothing
DF - New Race & Class
TWW - Allied races

So TWW getting nothing or allied races fits with the trend

Edited to move allied races from legion to BFA

Technically the allied races were still BfA. We just got some of them at the very end of Legion as a little bonus.

True… and with that it makes the pattern even more consistent

Cata added two races, bruh.

2 Likes

Its not the pictures that’s the issue. I clearly posted a quote.

Because they earn too much and don’t give enough back.
I just found out from a friend that they earn more with the store mounts as with actual ingame expansions. A Starcraft expansion sold less than a store mount.

We deserve much more at this point.

3 Likes

Good call. Fixed it

Lol. Good luck with that. You don’t “deserve” anything. You either buy their product or you don’t. If you feel like its not worth the cost to you, then vote with your wallet…but sitting around feeling entitled to anything is just silly

2 Likes

a third dwarf is beyond boring

2 Likes

We have actual the power here, not the developers. Do you really think Dragonflight would look and play this way, without the massive backlash of Shadowlands? No.

1 Like

I think you missed the point…