Anyone taking a break from TBC to try New world?

Genuinely curious. I’m going to keep playing TBC, but will 100% be checking out the New World beta!

5 Likes

Amazon is already monetizing game progress. Games dead on release. Why would I play an MMO that has P2W elements on release? There’s already tons of other mmos who use P2W and have active playerbases.

Cosmetic monetization? fine w.e thats NBD.
Monetizing professions and other things to jump ahead? Never will consider playing it. I recommend no one else does either.

Edit:Guess amazon changed their stance on the boosts. I am mistaken but the trying to implement it before backlash is still worrisome.

28 Likes

No idea what is that but classic tbc still has my atention as I’m still on leveling phase without dungeons or paying for boosts it’s going at a decent phase for me.

4 Likes

Dont like the art style of new world or of ff14 tbh, doesnt mean i wouldnt like the gameplay but first impressions turn me away

Nah I enjoy wow far too much to invest more time into another hatchling mmo

4 Likes

The in-game store content will not give players an advantage in PvE or PvP gameplay. Our goal is to not provide anything that players find to be “pay to win” for in-game store offers. No items in the store will give players instant lifts to their overall gear score, experience points, or impact territory control. No item in the store is a gate to experiencing game mechanics. Players should never feel they have to spend additional money to experience New World once they’ve purchased the game, as the price you pay at launch lets you play the entire released game.

2 Likes

No way in the world I can play a game with such a heavy use of Conquistador hats.

God, they’re ugly.

3 Likes

Ya I think I’ll try it, no sub so why not. In game store looks no worse then anything else out there IMO. If it’s really bad I’ll just return it via steam. Still have wow active though for that sweet raid logging!

Thats a bunch of PR BS.

5 Likes

Nope not touching any other mmo. They’re all trash.

Especially final fantasy. Anything asmongold plays I immediately put on a blacklist.

Besides wow, obviously. Due to me playing long before anyone knew who he was.

5 Likes

Game looks terrible.

1 Like

You ok???

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

13 Likes

Nah not my kind of thing.

You know what I would try, something like Ultima Online.

1 Like

If you had beta tested that garbage game you would not even think about playing it.

That game is dead on arrival.

We will see! Looks fun IMO. I know they spent an extra year to ‘polish’ the game so… here is hoping!

From what I’ve played of it, I wasn’t impressed. I also hated that other game they made called Crucible.

I’ll be waiting to see how it turns out but I’m not expecting much. I’m actually kind of interested in that Sword of Legends MMO looks like it may be fun for a little while. FF14 is actually a fun game, but I get bored with only PvE. I heard they are revamping PvP though.

2 Likes

Yup they turned it into a phone game, its cancer now.

Imagine hating a streamer that bad you would deny yourself the chance to play a game and have fun because asmon played it once. Yikes

4 Likes

Gave ffxiv a shot this weekend to see what all the hype is about, since they do a free trial thing.

Sadly, despite being pretty extremely underwhelmed right now with how tbc is going, I don’t think ffxiv is going to fill the void… The world is interesting, and the methods of storytelling is dramatically better than wow, but the super weeb flavor, godawful light show explosions that every single class vomits forth constantly in combat, slowly paced combat (at least in the levels I got to, though being fair wow is also pretty atrocious in the demo levels), and a pretty anemic to non existent pvp focus are holding me back from jumping ship entirely. Right now hoping Wotlk is a bit better is about my only hope.

4 Likes

Too busy trying FF14.

3 Likes