Anyone level alts through Shadowlands?

WoD makes it easy bodyguard and lots of quests for Gsrrison just gibe you levels.

1 Like

Kinda a shame you are locked into Kyrian…the play that starts the Night Fae campaign would have been a fantastic way for a new player to get an intro to the story of WoW.

1 Like

Not anymore. Blizzard removed the “Threads of Fate” opt out. If you have an alt that was already ToF before the change, you can still level them wherever in Shadowlands. But as of now, if you’ve made any new toons since the launch of Dragonflight, you have to do the whole campaign of Shadowlands to get to revendreth.

2 Likes

Based on my personal experience, via Chromie Time, I have found two timelines that work well for different playstyles when leveling alts.

WoD: If you enjoy questing and want to level up quickly, WoD is the way to go. The quests in the Tanaan Jungle offer a significant amount of experience in a short amount of time. As you progress through the zones, you’ll find that your character’s level increases pretty quick. And keep an eye out for bonus objectives scattered throughout Draenor, as they provide a quick boost of experience as you’re questing in the area.

BC: On the other hand, if you prefer a more relaxed approach and enjoy a mix of quests and dungeons, this expac offers a good balance between questing and dungeon-finder runs. The early questing hubs in Hellfire Peninsula and Zangarmarsh have plenty of quests to keep you engaged, and by queuing for dungeons while completing quests, you’ll earn experience at a nice pace.

1 Like

Nope, I always choose either Pandaria or Draenor to level through.

I liked Shadowlands so yes I do but it’s not very fast.

Did they at least unlock flying for SL? That would be some small giveback…

Not since they removed Threads of Fate. I didn’t like Bastion and much preferred doing Ardenweald. But yeah, before then, I often leveled alts in Shadowlands.

Every time I see them DKs in front of Grommash Hold on an alt, waiting to spirit me away to the afterlife, this is where my brain goes.

I think I’d prefer to spend my time doing more productive things, like watching paint dry or grass grow.

2 Likes