Anyone level alts through Shadowlands?

And if so, how is it? Can I do it all in Revendreth? Did you play during Shadowlands? I’m currently leveling up toons I don’t have at cap and I brought a Demon Hunter through BFA and it’s been fun. Flying from the jump, focusing on the zone I like.

Thinking about doing it for other toons and I wanted to get some feedback on the SL leveling now that DF is out.

I like Legion better for alts because you get a Bodyguard NPC to help along the way.

7 Likes

Maybe just my experience but I went from level 10 to 40 with 95% of the quest line through all four zones. Then jumped to Pandaria for monthly quest totals. I leveled two characters through Northrend and you can get from 10 to 60 in about 3 zones. One would think it would be tuned to get from 10 to 60 regardless which xpack you pick. Oh well.

must be a masochist to do that

6 Likes

God no.
I could never put myself through that intro questline again.

13 Likes

Thrall is still trying to figure out if he can use a crossbow

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

14 Likes

I think it takes 2-3 zones to go from 10-60 in any expansion, except maybe WoD? I’ve heard WoD is the best/fastest for leveling alts, but I’ve got actually tried it.

I personally like Legion and BFA for questing alts, but I honestly haven’t tried leveling an alt through Shadowlands. I did play it when it was live and it’s alright.

2 Likes

5 Likes

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

3 Likes

I couldn’t even level alts through that content when it was current - I would not level alts through there when I have a choice.

3 Likes

I don’t touch Shadowlands anymore, not because it’s a bad expansion but because they ruined the starting experience. It use to be that when you started SL you did a little intro, then get to choose which of the four covenants you want to join. Now, you do a really looooong annoying into, and then you’re forced to join the Kyrian covenant - and, you cannot change your covenant you’re level 50.

I level alts doing quests in various zones, while also doing pickup dungeons (LFG).

As for leveling zones, my favorites are:

10-35 Pandaria
10-40 Draenor
10-45 Legion (Broken Isles)
10-60 Battle for Azeroth

Choose herbalist and mining for professions for experience & gold, and do dungeons while you quest. 1-60 will fly by!

2 Likes

I personally dont mind running an alt through there, the muscle memory is still strong and i find i blow through it.

Oh what? Yeah I’m out. That sounds awful. And also the Kyrian suck.

2 Likes

Been leveling through dungeons on this toon. It’s been pretty fast. [SHRUGS] I could probably do shadowlands after I get flying.

Nope.

5 Likes

It’s cute how many people are here thinking they’re getting clout by dumping that expansion still. It’s really adorable.

1 Like

Nobody liked your xpac, Ion.

6 Likes

Absolutely not. The intro quest to Shadowlands is so boring. I’m not even talking about the Maw part, I mean the part where they introduce you to Oribos. You sit there for 5-10 minutes while these stupid things RP at each other in the worst expansion to date.

It ain’t for clout. If there are no more Shadowlands haters then throw a rose on my grave because I will be the last one no matter what.

6 Likes

With every alt I grab my garrison hearthstone and legion dal hearthstone and then level in BFA

1 Like

I tried to do it, and I just can’t.

I’m probably taking my toons back to Legion.

1 Like