Anyone excited for WOTLK PvP?

Super looking forward for World PvP & PvP in general for the anticipated WOTLK Classic.

With the Achivement system came the “For the Alliance/Horde” achivements that rewarded a mount, giving incentive to go around the world and take out city faction leaders in massive raids, which often resulted in counter defenses being made.

Also Wintergrasp! This used to fuel so much server faction rivalry due to the high stakes of gaining access to Vault of Archavon.

Lots of great community moments here as this would be a server effort to take Wintergrasp from the enemy faction.

Last but not least, Ele Shaman Thunderstorm! Yeah we have this in retail, but back in WOTLK Thunderstorm would knock people off their mounts. Who DOESN’T miss getting kamikazied out of the sky by a Ele Shaman flying at you at 200 mph.

3 Likes

Oh are they really going to have wotlk classic? or is this just hype?

1 Like

What could go wrong, with the same company making it that made shadowlands?

3 Likes

Just hype, so I wrote anticipated in opening sentence. I’d hope they’d do so though, it was WoW’s most popular expansion and viewed very positively.

WOTLK was part three of the trilogy of “Classic” before Cataclysm threw the game into very different territory.

Honestly,it wouldn’t be the same they’ll change it ,it’s not original wow it’s classic. Reason why i asked is bro.would love it but not the way they’ll make it.

1 Like

But-but-but Ion will be channeling the devs of the past, just as he did when developing Shadowlands…?

I’m holding out hope bro :fist:, i’m hoping they see what happened with TBC’s classic launch and don’t taint WOTLK to much.

Deff a possibility, and if it gets messed up then it is what it is, but gonna remain optimistic for now till I hear the news.

Was he really there when wotlk was developed or did he really play it? I seriously doubt it by the way the game developed over the years he managed the game.

I’ll keep hoping for the sun to come out of the darkest days and the rays of that sun shine on all of us . :wink:

1 Like

Im surprised you didn’t put PVP gear requires Arena rating & Arena points to purchase with how rabid you are against it in retail.

2 Likes

I’ve beaten that horse to death already but 100% excited for WOTLK PvP gearing.

Honor Gear in WOTLK was competetive with Arena Point gear, in addition to some pieces of Arena gear being available for purchase with little to no rating requirements.

Vastly different compared to Shadowlands where an entire gear bracket is blanket locked behind a rating.

You’re also not gonna get 1 shotted by someone in full Arena gear if you’re in your full Honor set while playing WOTLK.

This is really reaching, but if we don’t get PvP gear fixes for 9.2 i’m hoping so hard that Blizz sees how PvP gear used to be and rethinks their system for retail. If not, i’ll be sad but it is what it is :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Keep telling yourself that.

Buddy, WOTLK was the expansion I played from start to finish and no-lifed.

Not “telling myself” that, I played through it pretty heavily lol

You’re a living proof that WOW playerbase have selective memory.

I mean, you can back and forth all you want but the matter of the fact is that me and my buddies would kill/duel people in full rated gear all day and win while we were in our full Honor set back in WOTLK, but…

If you really think WOTLK PvP gear was as busted and unbalanced as Shadowlands PvP gear then bless your heart

You mean the expansion where I can charge in combat and the era of warrior kitting is coming to a close ?..You bet

You played with terrible people (both of you probably are terrible), full furious gear would put you at 18k-20k HP and full Wrathful would put you at 35k HP and double your resilience, add Shadowmourne and PVE trinkets into the equations and it’s the most unfair pvp this game ever had.

If you think that’s fair, then retail pvp is just as fair.

You clearly have no clue other than anecdotal experience.

You’re also leaving out the fact that a good amount of Arena gear was available for purchase to people with little to no rating, this is vastly different to how Shadowlands currently functions.

WOTLK PVP gearing wasn’t perfect don’t get me wrong, but it was no where near as bad as Shadowlands.

Do you really look at Shadowlands PvP gearing as “good” right now? If so, why?

You really have no clue about how Arena gear were obtained don’t you?

It’s actually so much better in Shadowland because you can get Conquest from quest and random BGs, and pvp trinket is mandatory.

Clueless people like you is why devs don’t take the playerbase seriously.

Seriously just stop being a clown.

1 Like

Nah, the classic revamps are a waste of time. Should have stopped at Vanilla-Classic just for the nostalgia.