Anyone else upset that they are removing skeletons from the game?

This thread is a joke right?

2 Likes

No, they were waiting for the vanilla experience…

This issue is giving me a “bone-r”.

<.< >.>

1 Like

Are you folks kidding? No, this cannot be. Really? Blizzard is doing away with PvP skeleton piles?

I recall fields of skeletons around Tarren Mill back in 2004/2005. Great times.

Sadly, what I’ve seen thus far this Classic WoW version won’t be much like Vanilla WoW not by a longshot. No PvP skeletons = Candya$$ coding.

Fun fact: China is communist… everything therein is controlled by the government. The western world (North America/Europe) is not communist… or is it? That’s the million dollar question nowadays… and Blizz is proving communism is now alive and thriving within western countries.

2 Likes

I mean… If you read the OP instead of knee-jerk posting - he explains it.

Even just the 2nd paragraph is enough.

Yet here you are asking questions the OP has already answered.

Good job.

4 Likes

Simply randomizing the skeleton placement of your corpse would be enough to stop people from spelling out words on the ground. Please consider this Blizzard.

12 Likes

What if it randomly does the thing they are trying to prevent.

1 Like

You underestimate the tenacity of gold sellers. They will just keep dying until they get the position they want.

There shouldn’t need to be any “solution” at all. The skeleton mechanism should have been left as it should have been. The only individuals who disagree with this are the same terribad PoS snowflakes that pervade the culture of free speech as we know it today.

9 Likes

The people who got rid of it was Blizzard who got tired of having gold farmers advertising their websites all the time. I take you didn’t play back then. It got really bad.

That wouldnt happen though…

2 Likes

I wish there was more outrage over this. What happened to #nochanges?

6 Likes

I wonder what percentage of people who will play classic would struggle, without advertisement, to find a gold seller.

I bet it would be like… 1%.

2 Likes

Yeah, it got really bad because the advertisers were exploiting and placing bodies instantaneously already in the arrangement they wanted. Sometimes they rezzed and there were bones but most the time the bodies remained intact as just corpses. People are going to find ways to advertise their services and people are going to find ways to put racist words out for people to see. Blizzard doesn’t need to over police things. Let the community play and let them enjoy themselves. Gold sellers will do what they need to do to get their message out regardless. this is just punishing everyone for a small minority.

1 Like

But they continue to allow ganking spots in neutral cities that are un-targetable by guards.

Yep, you nailed it. This change is punishing everybody and changing the game because one day a skeleton pile may spell out a racial slur. It doesn’t even stop gold seller insta death exploiting to spell out messages. I’m sure they have an anticheat mechanism that already prevents that by now.

TL:DR, This change is basically pre-emptive damage control because one day the n word in classic may be on the front page of kotaku.

3 Likes

Please realize that the gold advertisers were using cheats and exploits to drop corpses in specific arrangements in cities. They didnt drag a mob to stormwind on 35 characters and let it kill them in a specific spot. Blizz surely has enough anticheat systems by now to prevent that action or at least detect it and perma ban the accounts used while deleting their specific corpses and/or skeletons.

Blizzard is not interested in recreating exploits, I can understand that. But the skeletons themselves arent an exploit or a glitch. We are being punished for someone abusing that mechanic.

1 Like

So much for [quote=“Kaivax, post:1, topic:260760”]
A: nochanges
[/quote]

3 Likes

Blizzard should either put a cap on the number of skeletons or randomly orientate skeletons on death, its a solution that keeps the flavor of skeleton piles while interrupting advertisers and spammers

1 Like

Well articulated! #SolutionsExist

3 Likes