Anyone else trying valheim

I just start it. I still play WoW a little and use battle net to talk to my friends while playing valheim on steam.

The game is 1-10 ppl per seed. It’s not an mmorpg but man if they could make something similar but the world interaction like valheim would be amazing.

7 Likes

I have not, but given the overwhelming positive reception I am 100% positive that I will try it soon! I’m trying round up a couple of real-life friends to join me. :grinning:

5 Likes

this seems to be the game of the week. but what sets it apart from the million other early access survival/crafter/builder games out there?

A lot of little things that add up, is what I’ve heard. I’d recommend you watch Bellular’s and KiraTV’s videos on it. Lots of good details in those.

1 Like

Yeah got my cousin to buy it, unfortunately his sleep schedule consists of waking up late and getting on the computer when I am about to go to sleep, but it’s a blast to play when we manage to.

1 Like

It’s great fun with friends. See who dies first in a tragic logging mishap!

3 Likes

worth my time and every penies <3 Valheim

100% giving it a go sometime!

TheLazyPeon’s brilliant video on it gave a really solid idea of what to expect. Him getting killed by his own tree-cutting shenanigans, led to being able to use the environment to kill enemies.

Little details all add up, it looks great.

Valheim is a hit and a miss for me, melee needs a buff or a flat rework and the player models could use a little bit of love. The main aspect I love the most about the game is the building. Everything else about it is rather well done. I recommend it.

Yeah I’m a big fan. I’m not loving the quality of play on dedicated servers as I’m an explorer and a killer… and it becomes a pain in your balls to go explore areas that haven’t been explored before in order to find ingredients for higher tier buildings and gear unless you go WAY out in a direction somewhere and play by yourself (in that case, what’s the point of playing with others?) and if you don’t log in for a couple of days, your buildings start to rot…

… but solo play is really really fun.

It’s like minecraft with a more decent combat. AI isn’t the finest but it has some kind of progression (and a lot of grinding).

I’m enjoying it so far at my wow break. The sailing and exploring part feels like TLoZ : wind waker which is good in my book.

Don’t get too spoiled, go look for the game for yourself!

1 Like

I noticed that. The scenery looks great. The player models look like poo.

The game sounds intriguing but it doesnt look like it has any casters in it. I have a hard time playing anything that doesnt have a mage or wizard equivalent.

I’m really burnt out on the survival/crafting type of game.

I already have Minecraft, Factorio, and Satisfactory.

It’s god damn good is what is above the rest

PS2 graphics and some of the best game play I’ve experienced

Actually amazing game
Theres so much to do! Its like skyrim meets minecraft but the best of both games with a touch of dark souls
Neglecting wow until i can start farming iron

graphics are meh. But so far seems like a solid game. Now i need to make a house that doesnt look like crap.

Why was the OP flagged?

The graphic turns me off.

But I’m sure It’s fun to other people, especially Steam people. Not my type of genre.

It’s my first survival game and it’s been a blast. We got a dedicated server and its been awesome as you kind of learn where things are in the world and you can play with your friends.

If they bumped up the character art a bit it would be better but the world is good enough you don’t even notice after a few minutes.

2 Likes