Anyone else think the new "character selection" screen is disorganized/ugly?

Mine was the same way, had to change my monitor’s resolution in order to fix it. It’s the UI scaling that’s seemingly off kilter.

2 Likes

in the patch notes it said that we would be able to get multiple bands down the line. Your dream isn’t dead!

2 Likes

Having a single realm and only a handful of characters finally pays off.

1 Like

it looks unfinished :frowning:

6 Likes

To me the new login screen is like as if someone sneaked into your house at night while you were sleeping, and they rearranged ALL your stuff. You wake up and cant find anything, feel violated, and reach for the baseball bat.

19 Likes

I kind of wish the characters were closer together or something…and the background doesnt really fit “roleplaying” wise but if they introduce ways to gain new backgrounds and such then i guess it’ll be fine. I do kind of wish there was a way to see the diff toons that are on diff realms though. Like a highlight or a dropdown/swap thingamabob.

2 Likes

The really frustrating thing is that it seems like change for changes sake - no real useful changes.

5 Likes

They need to fix how weapons are shown. Thunderfury is not hip mounted, nor is one of the twin blades of azzinoth. You log in and your character has the stupid hip mounted blade AND another one on their back. It’s very broken.

1 Like

Its not a minor thing. I agree with the overall changes they made- but this in no way can stand as the final product. They absolutely need to update this a little and add in some sort of realm filter, or per realm view.

6 Likes

Yea I’m not a fan at all.

The biggest problem is only seeing 5 char names at a time and I don’t like that chars from all realms are together.
I’m almost maxed out and I play on different realms, this is just a mess.

4 Likes

Ya, it’s unsightly for me, an altoholic.

And don’t worry about me due to how many characters I have… I play no other video games and have simply enjoyed collecting characters for the past 20ish years.

It’s kind of like having figurines on three shelves and now they’re all on the floor lmao

What I’d really dig is a way to group them together. For example:

[icon] [group name]

• Character 1
  • Character 2
  • etc.

And let me expand/collapse those groups.

That would be sick and solve everything IMO. People could, for example, go with:

[icon] [realm name]
or
[icon][race]
or
[icon][class]
or
[icon][headcanon group name you made up]

If any mature UX design lens was incorporated into the execution of this idea, we’d have that right now and more :man_shrugging:t4:

13 Likes

I logged in to see this half expecting my warrior to give a yell, and whip out a whetstone to sharpen an axe.

I got a d(3,4) vibe from it.

One hunter is buggy. She draws here imaginary bow. I know she has it, the screen doesn’t. But…other hunters did have on them. It’ll buff out!

I actually loved it, thought it was one of the most clever upgrades we’ve seen to that login screen yet. I can see how folks with alts don’t dig it, but I basically have one character at max and maybe a couple others I play when I get bored with that, so it’s neat to see them all standing there instead of whatever static screen from the xpac is.

I love it, now i can group them by class so i can see how many horde and how many alliance i have. i actually feel like its easier to group them now considering before we couldn’t at all.

Instead of a list, I’d rather have tiles replace the campfire. It would look like a Zoom call, except with my toons in the frames.

Adding the ability to set favorites & set filters by realm, class, level, etc. would be easy.

3 Likes

I loathe it. I just wasted a couple minutes sorting toons by level, had a weird bug where a character was listed twice, so I exited the character screen, and when I came back on, it had reverted to the same random mess it originally was.

Blizz never fails to exceed the already low expectations that past experiences have set me up for. Small indie company…

8 Likes

Its pretty bad. Lots of things are overlapping each other in the character screen, it actually looks like a heavy downgrade compared to before.
Did they make a union to kill the game lol.

5 Likes

Even if I’m not used to it, one additional click is the definition of a minor thing.

I’m not even necessarily defending the choice, it just doesn’t take up any headspace for me.

I don’t know about you all but the things I’m seeing scream “mobile gaming.”

1 Like

There’s a way to turn it off.