Anyone else repudiate M+?

it just divides the player base from doing the current content this is why im against using old content this way.

3 Likes

To get the highest item level gear and KSM ? No it doesn’t.

2 Likes

You can always just play with a specific group or people that you know and who feel the same way as you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We need world content+ with a timer that begins as soon as we pickup our dailies quest. If you complete everything before the timer runs out against incredibly difficulty world mobs, you get upgraded loot from turn-in.

I’m only kidding but The Division uses a system that lets players increase their world difficulty for better loot. It makes playing solo actually worth it.

1 Like

And caustic.

2 Likes

Pugging keys vs doing them with a group of friends is night and day. I strongly suggest the latter and your enjoyment of m+ will go up exponentially.

1 Like

They all quit, most of them at the beginning of WoD and the rest right after Legion. My fiends list is all gray except for 2 or 3 names. None of them liked m+ either.

Yes, I said fiends, what of it?!?! /spit

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

9 Likes

You’re not alone.
I didn’t play any M+ in Legion and when I’ve joined a casual Mythic raid guild at the start of BfA one of the raid rules was “At least one 10+ key per week”. I started doing it and I hated it SO much that I stopped doing that immediately. I don’t like 5-mans in the first place and as a healer I get so stressed out by the timer, the oneshot abilities and the really hectic nature of this mode. I just don’t want to do it.

Problem is that from time to time it had been brought up in Teamspeak conversations how it’s so sad and unfair that some people really put in the effort to push keys and get extra gear and others don’t. It was said that I have to do it and so every season since then I did 1-2 keys, stopped continuing M+ and sooner or later get frowned upon.
And before some genius tries to answer with the common “Then look for another guild, duh” - most guilds that are in the average Mythic field assume that their players are doing M+ for more gear. So that’s not really an option.

M+ is just too good as an “easy” way to get really good items. We’re still doing Heroic right now and yeah, those people who walk M+ already got a few Mythic items.

Uh… well. After not getting a tier item for the first 2 IDs I had my first item in the vault from M+. It’s just how it is. It’s an important source for better gear. Better gear means more dps/healing/HP - which means it’s a big help for getting boss kills. I hope we don’t have to have a discussion about the extreme usefulness of Mythic gear in Normal/Heroic raiding.

9 Likes

You enjoy mythic raiding but don’t like healing in content with one shot abilities, timers, and a hectic nature?

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that you don’t enjoy it. M+ is the only content I do in wow. I pug only. Just don’t take it too seriously. Like random match. No raid, no pvp.

It allows me to play whenever and the level of difficulty I want.

3 Likes

It’s never too late to expand your vocabulary. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

How about me? I repudiate RAIDS. ROFL.

As a Casual (less play time not noob), I prefer contents that are easier to accomplish.
Raids takes longer in general… takes longer to form, takes longer and harder to organize, sometimes excruciating especially during wipes and as it takes longer as you would need to get replacement, and you need to reteach strategies to these new replacements, etc. I hate it.

I rather do simpler dungeons that provides decent loots. And that’s Mythic+. Easier to form, easier to organize, easier to carry, faster to finish… less painful.

It’s better now to play on Modern WoW than on old WoW. Modern WoW has alternate progression thru M+. Old WoW has no other progression. If you dont raid, your gear progression suffers. Good thing WoW now has M+. It’s the best thing ever happened to WoW.

BTW, M+ doesnt really mean speedruns. Speedruns are must on the highest of the highest keys to time the dungeon with mobs/bosses with ridiculous high hp. But on average M+, you just need … NOT TO DIE. And you would beat the forgiving timer just by not dying from the mechanics. The main reason why lowbie people fail on M+ becoz of their huge death count. Each death means timer penalty… and a wipe gives huge timer penalties. If you are smart, you dont need to rush/speed run a regular M+, just focus on not dying. FYI.

4 Likes

Sulfuric acid is caustic, not words.

Doubtful pugging would be better with or without M+. Could still be a crapshoot in Wrath to get chill people just as much as it is now.

There are for sure ways to reduce the bad feelings of chronic leavers and a bad run, but I don’t think it was ever possible to fix other people getting mad if you didn’t move at their pace or do well based on their standards.

I did M+ for the social aspect of it. It was fun working together as a team trying to succeed. They they added the scoring and the social aspect of it went away. I don’t miss them at all. I still raid, so I still get to enjoy running content with folks. But even that has lost a lot of its charm. I’m tired of wasting time killing so much trash before we even get to a boss. It eats up raid time and it isn’t enjoyable. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m struggling to think of any MMO that has instanced small-group dungeons and doesn’t have the sort of mentality everyone decries M+ for supposedly causing.

And it’s not like people didn’t try to clear dungeons as fast as possible in vanilla, TBC, Wrath, or Cata.

1 Like

Hmm shoulda said that. You were Essentially saying m+ as a whole, was, in your first post.

1 Like

Yes, because there are some basic differences.
In Mythic it’s just single fights where I have to focus myself for 5 minutes with little breaks in between while in M+ I have to focus for half an hour without breaks.
Also the space in dungeons is sometimes really small. I hate it when I can’t move freely to play mechanics and always have to look out that I don’t pull something if I get one step too far on the right or that I’m fast enough so I don’t pull after an invis skip.
It also gives me a much better feeling that I can rely upon my co-healers. Don’t have the GCD to save the tank? Another healer got his back and it’s fine. In M+ I’m responsible for the group completely on my own.

Plus the timer situation in Mythic raiding actually isn’t really there. Yes, there are enrage timers but in my experience they never really mattered because DPS on the boss has never been a problem. If the people know how to play their class then it’s not about beating a timer but about focussing on mechanics and playing them as clean as possible.

15 Likes

This is true for M+ as well.

Psh, we strolled through dungeons holding hands and singing Kumbaya while rping with every trash pack before we killed them before M+.

3 Likes