Anyone else repudiate M+?

What stops you from doing a heroic dungeon at your own pace? Or a M0? Or even a particular M+ key with friends?

I can’t imagine a game without M+ now, it was revolutionary especially for the casual player that can’t/won’t commit to the timesink that raiding sometimes requires.

That statement would have more heft if you (a) had actually finished the raid, and (b) didn’t wait until after you massively overgeared it with M+ gear before doing so. And I wasn’t talking about Normal in general, I was talking about this tier specifically, as I said.

We see this a lot on this forum, though. I especially love the people who gear up to Mythic raider ilvls through m+, and only then decide to tackle the first few raid bosses on Mythic - now that they massively overgear them - then never actually get to the harder bosses later on, never finish the tier, and then boldly boast that “mythic raiding is easy”.

It’s a meme, at this point.

Anyway, the problem is that M+ gives massively powerful rewards out of all proportion to its (lack of) difficulty. And it’s had a ripple effect on the rest of the game. Blizzard never thought this through, and still refuses to address the situation.

4 Likes

I don’t even make an effort to raid, because I no longer have any interest in Mythic raiding, not due to it’s difficulty, but due to it’s logistics. I also never claimed it was “easy” in any way.

I’d be fine with them increasing the level of key needed to get max ilvl rewards (even though you don’t REALLY get max ilvl rewards equivalent to raiding, and can’t upgrade gear). If they did that, I’d prefer they also shore up the inequities between M+ and raid gearing first, or at the same time.

Here’s what they need to do:

1. Add a weekly cap to each dungeon for M+, so you can only run each dungeon once per week. Just like you can only kill each raid boss once per week.
  2. Add an additional affix for every key level past 10. The problem with M+ is that development on it stops after +10, and Blizzard just falls back on “infinite steroids for the trash” after that. They should make it so +11 keys have 3 affixes (plus the seasonal & tyrannical/fortified), +12 keys have 4 affixes, +13 keys have 5 affixes, etc. This will bring M+ closer in difficulty to the Mythic raiding it rivals in terms of gear payout.
  3. Remove the Great Vault and have the gear drop directly off the bosses.
2 Likes

M+ is the only reason myself and a lot of others play the game. just because your a turbo casual doesn’t mean you’re need to bring everyone else down to your level. also stop using SAT vocab words.

You clearly missed the point :slight_smile:

Lol, i ain’t hating, nor am i angry.

Just pointing out, we are missing the opportunity to have more dungeons, and more variety in the compositions of said dungeons.

Why no 1 boss dungeon?
Why no 3 boss dungeon?
Why no more 1 boss raids? or 2 boss raids ?

Nah, I just don’t think your point is good.

I hate timed content. I hate being pressured to compete in esport content in order to stay valid in a ROLE PLAYING GAME.

Im a nerd. Sport is the antithesis of my existence.

3 Likes

Yep my entire guild would unsub if M+ was removed.

What else is there to do when you’re raid locked?

I’m certainly not going to pay 15/month to raid log and run around ZM for absolutely no reason.

I quit TBC classic in less than a month, I was pre raid bis 2 weeks in and just raid logged as there was nothing left to do to increase my characters power.

Having something to do is better than having nothing to do.

Mists of Turns Scithe. Tazavesh: Gambit.

And Theater of Pain being 5 bosses.

Because that’s not really a dungeon. To my recollection this has never been a thing.

Depends. It doesn’t always fit their schedule, and their short raids are hit and miss.

Re: People hating Ruby Sanctum or whatever that crap was, and very much hating Crucible of Storms.

1 Like

For the vast majority of M+ up to +15 the pace you’re going is more or less the same as any other time in a dungeon.

The fear of the timer is as much mental as it is real.

I’m not exactly sure how that helps your point? Things change and people like new things.

Raid logged alts or played other games. Usually just played other games and considered unsubbing.

Here’s the thing, though. People vastly overestimate those timers.

Literally timing anything up to a +15 boils down to:

-did people die
-did you wipe
-are people performing horribly

If you can answer no to the above, you’re probably gonna time.

2 Likes

There are people who hate every aspect of wow just depends on who you ask OP. I hate raiding- simply because I think scheduling time to play a video game is ridiculous. M+ is the only reason I play; the fact that you’re currently so crippled (getting tier) right now shows where Blizzard stands on the matter. They clearly favor raiders. Always have and probably always will.

I wish other MMO games would replicate M+ so I could go play them. FF14, any of them really. I hope riots mmo comes with it from go. It needs competition so blizzard innovates on it faster. The current formula is stale.

It doesn’t matter I suppose. I’m outta here as soon as D4/POE2 drop.

As soon as we can craft it, tier gear will come “almost exclusively” from upgrading M+ gear into tier. I’m not saying no one will get it from the raid, but since upgrading will allow people to actually control what they get, that’s how most will get it.

You act like the raid won’t still drop loot that you can use for creation catalyst. Like any mythic raid, you will farm the first few bosses before you start extending.

Raiding is also the exclusive source of 285 loot of any variety, not just tier.

1 Like

This is the part that bugs me the most- no content should have some artificial leg up on everything else. It’s like giving everyone vanilla, but raiders also get chocolate. Give everyone chocolate dangit.

2 Likes