Anyone else hate guild cliques?

A lot of so called “cliqueiness” in guilds is just what socially inept people perceive as themselves being ostracised because they expect other people to reach out but refuse to take the extra step themselves

It is just common sense that people who have known each other and played together for longer will be more friendly with each other than to a total stranger

2 Likes

Yep. Absolutely hate them. Granted, my entire guild is one big clique, as it’s a friends and family kind of situation with only 5-6 active members…but still.

1 Like

While that’s true to a point, I’ve dealt with many cliques and there is no becoming part of it. You may be “friendly” and sometimes join them but their core members will always be the gears.

This is mostly why I’ve been running solo since I returned to the game. No drama, no pointless spam, no obvious favoritism masked by “they earned it”, etc.

2 Likes

If I notice that within a guild I leave immediately.

Ain’t got time for snub nosed children.

However, it takes time to get to know people, so you gotta give it a chance.

If you feel like an outsider in your guild you are in the wrong guild. Go log in your toon and leave the guild, then look at the guild recruitment tab and search all the guilds that are looking for people and you’ll be ready when the new expansion drops.

1 Like

This is why the “just join a guild!!” meme stopped being true over a decade ago. There is no “join a guild to do content” anymore, and hasn’t been for over a decade.

Is your main on Thrall horde as well? I’ve been looking for a friendly guild and might be interested in joining if you guys are recruiting!

I turn guild members I see In the world into Turkeys and soon enough I’ve somehow formed my own clique of turkeys?

1 Like

Turcliques if you will.

2 Likes

Our motto is “Gobble Gobble”.

1 Like

Yes, it’s called theAwesome! Look us up :smiley: We would be happy to have you!

This sounds like it’s possibly a “you problem”, but it’s definitely a “your guild problem”.

Find a guild that has policies that require people to act in a mature manner and be helpful to guildmates. Then, be the guildmate who helps others. You’ll be surprised how everything changes when you do this.

You get what you give.

You gotta prove yourself to be part of the clique, you can’t just join a guild and expect everyone to be best buddy with you bro. Most of the time new members /gquit after a day so why would they waste time with that person.

Cliques (aka a group of friends who get along and know each other well) are part of any large group in all walks of life.

Sports teams.

Work

School

Neighborhoods

Why would guilds be any different?

How do you make friends in anything else in your life?

^^^ This, really.

I will never understand how some people complain and whine about longtime members of the guild they just recently joined being “clique-y / unwelcoming” while they themselves aren’t even putting in the slightest effort to show up to raid every week, or on time.

1 Like

This. Oh yeah lets shame people for having friends. It’s always people I’ve never met who don’t join VC too. Oh, now I’m going on about discord lol.