Anyone else find it painfully hard to farm gold

i’m the last in my guild to be running around on a 60% mount, i’ve been 60 since the third week lol. i prioritized truefaith then HoTW before stockpiling any gold. mara/lasher farm are extremely boring for me, its hard for me to personally do this for more than a couple hours at a time, even that is a stretch. usually around the 1 hour mark I’ll tab out and read news, talk on discord, update guild spreadsheets, read some manga, by the time i return to the farm i’m wiped mentally. literally want to off myself after doing the same thing over and over in a short window of time. anyone else have this issue, i’m not really looking for solutions as much as i am some similar experiences.

3 Likes

Are you on a PvP server?

yes. i mean, let’s just leave that out of the equation, because there are instanced farms I could be doing, but I choose not to because its too much for me mentally

Actually Tanaris is a great farm. The trolls near ZF drop lots of money and vendor stuff, occasionally a green or blue. Hearthglen in WPL is awesome for farming cloth which sells a lot.

1 Like

did you read my post, i’m not looking for a solution, because i know that any method will take hours of repetitious action, something I don’t think i’m capable of doing

2 Likes

OK sorry for trying to help.

Enjoy :smiley:

1 Like

Not at all even my alts have breaks and grind certain areas pick herbs mines etc as i do my rounds.

Said not looking for solutions but doing quest at max level grants gold instead of xp. So that may be up your alley. :wink:

If the monotony of gold farming gets you down, then you should try diversifying your means of farming. Maybe have a day where you farm lashers in DM east, another where you run around the open world picking herbs. Another where you flip stuff on the AH. Another where you farm the crusader recipe. Another where you run dungeons over and over. Etc.

yeah gold farming stinks, but once you get your epic mount there’s not really any gold sinks left in the game.

2 Likes

yeah, this is sort of what i was doing until phase 2 hit (i’m alliance stalaag). gold was slowly creeping up to the 500 mark before i had to start buying consumes because nothing was, or still is, farmable in the open world. really hoping i can return to this method when battlegrounds drop and watch gold slowly trickle in

try being a holy priest on a pvp server you mages got it so easy i’m lucky if i break even at the end of the day

i am a priest lol

2 Likes

oh well in that case i understand your pain!
the struggle is real lol

If something is too difficult for you, you do not get the reward. It’s a wonderfully refreshing system in this day and age.

4 Likes

If you can’t farm gold do not complain mate. Reading manga and procrastinating outside the game will not give you gold inside the game. Is not hard to get gold it is actually really easy, but if you don’t do it there is nothing to do.

2 Likes

i understand that, i was just looking for some people with similar issues farming gold

As someone whos made over 2k gold from lasher farming i cant relate. But luck is a huge aspect to that farm as well.

im not complaining? looking for others with the same problem. misery loves company sort of thing

You must be on a PVE server…

1 Like

a lot of ppl flat out buys gold after phase 2 forced the fact that if you dont have epic mount you’d die and then get farmed and corpse camped and cant get away on 60% mount

1 Like

its funny, i have zero issues farming raid mats for hours, hunting for lotus, camping grave moss spawns. something about grinding solely to see the gold number on my bag rise just doesnt work for me

2 Likes