Anyone else feel the SOD Jealousy

Classic is a much simpler game than retail. Its much easier to do things like this in classic, as there are fewer tuning knobs, and the content is generally much less complex. Now I would be very interested in all of them on retail, but I dont have the confidence that they would be executed well.

I don’t get comments like this. You think the retail devs would make a 2h enhance spec that played like something in Vanilla?

Why are you people so against people having more options? All I see from the forum regulars is a big wall of no when anyone suggests anything really.

They could at least just let players cosmetically use a 2 hand weapon.

These forums are filled with some of the most stagnant minds in the game. Sorry to go there, but it is true.

I loved that you used almost an example of a 20-year-old version of the shaman to try to make an argument against having a modern 2h enhance option. The brain rot in this community is off the charts.

Just like the current developers, there is zero creativity among many of the remaining players that play retail WoW.

1 Like

Just don’t care anymore. It’s just pixels and a game. Also, true of RL. I count my blessings and thankful I have what I already have

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

I can’t get the classic game to load up it just “Not responding”

So I’ve never gotten to try SOD.

they put a lil more care in sod bc its a fun playground to mess with for the devs.
retails just on the rails and tww doesnt look any better lol.

Do you have a Radeon card?

Classic has the same Directx 12 issue that retail has.

1 Like

I view that part of Classic as the PTR’s PTR.

I’m not so much jealous that SoD sounds REALLY fun, seems to have played out really well, and people are enjoying it. Those are all GREAT THINGS!!!

The travesty only occurs if Blizzard doesn’t recognize what makes it great and then brings it to Retail.

If these boards prove nothing, it’s that NO MATTER WHAT Blizzard does, it’s wrong. EVERYTHING is a lose-lose for Blizzard in Retail.

But on Classic… who cares? Some experiment in BLACKFATHOM DEEPS??? lol Who cares??? When was the last time anyone stepped foot in BFD in Retail??? 17 years ago?? lol

It allows Blizzard the creative freedom to really try something new. Without every neckbeard having a meltdown on social media.

I’m not jealous, I ENCOURAGE IT!!

It’s just… all the good stuff needs to be brought into Retail. Otherwise, it’s all for nothing.

The current retail model is boring. 4 zones, 8 dungeons and one new raid usually coupled with some expansion gimmicky system.

Retail is stagnant, the only thing it has going for it is the art style, the modern cosmetics, and the modern class animations. Everything else just feels like generic fantasy RPG with esport style systems shoved into every aspect of the endgame.

There is only a small minority of MMO players that like chasing gear and ratings, but yet retail has built almost it’s entire end game around this play style. This is why WoW is bleeding customers to other MMOs and Classic.

SoD is boring. It’s only one dungeon.

You’re right! That’s really easy to do! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is no point in trying to debate a forum white knight, you guys are all the same.

Title:

No.

Because that is what people are asking for.

2h enhance with old windfury.

Because it would remove options from dw enhance. While being a design and balancing nightmare.

It would take a basic understanding of the issue to realize this.

I want to play this game too.

Ahem

“One thing wrong with these forums is you have people that don’t understand the situation or how things work asking for huge changes while throwing derogatory statements towards people that disagree.”

Did I do it right.

2 Likes

no because SoD is ridiculously unbalanced

we don’t need to bring that level of incompetence to retail, we have our own problems.

1 Like

No. 10/char

I wouldn’t call it jealousy, but I wouldn’t mind seeing more of these class fantasies brought to retail either.

SoD is definitely bumpin’.

Every time I try to launch Retail and play some PvP, I just get impatient with longer queue times and close the game and boot up SoD instead.

Also, being a dual-wield Hunter was never really a thing in Retail, I’m finally playing that Rexxar class fantasy.

All I care about in Retail anymore are my cool mogs and collections, I feel SoD is just superior as an old-school MMO.

People don’t even talk to each other in Retail, too many things are automated.

Go look at Frost DK and tell me that everything that was introduced in SL regarding weapon types worked well for them. Option are fine provided they do not cause more problems. They would have to do significant talent changes to a spec that is doing amazing for the first time in years. We have 2 viable distinct builds with one of them needing some work. Yet people want to shove something in that has upended Frost DK for the last 4 years and sucked so much dev time trying to balance 2-hand vs DW that it takes away from fixing core design issues in favor of forcing a weapon type to work. You can’t have the same option that Fury Warrior has where they just have both weapon types but they all use 2-handers because they have a way to ensure all they get is 2 handers by setting loot spec to Arms. Enhnace would have the same issue Frost DK has where if you’re trying for one handed weapons from M+ or your vault, there’s a chance 2 handers you don’t want will appear further diluting the weapon pool. From a design standpoint it causes too much gameplay issues for the sake of “options”.

That is perfectly fine. Honestly would be 100% for it and would transmog a 2-hander onto my DW. But keep gameplay out of it. It failed with Frost DK, WW, and Fury Warrior, don’t add it to Enhance because some people are still busting a nut to a 2005 PVP video of some enhance shaman getting pocket-healed RNG WFing some rat mages in greens.

Why would I be jealous of a minigsme stuck in time with poor game design and mechanics?

Two handed enhance shamans don’t really play any different than dual wielders.

Warlock tanks are basically vengeance demon hunters - using dmg to leech heal yourself and demonic forms to increase tankiness.

I don’t know what would be so special about a “mage healer” specifically - retail does have combat-oriented healer specs such as disc priest and mist weaver monk. These two classes heal more based on the damage they deal which is basically the same concept as a healer mage.

It probably is. Don’t know the specs off the top of my head though.