Anyone Else enjoying Windows 11? Its Live!

Title says it all. I love it so far and I am really enjoying the clean look. My Ryzen 5900x runs a smoother and a lot cooler when multitasking. Steady 52c in wow (prior was 55c-63c and it would bounce around a lot). Noy its steady. Heck its 38c just using chrome when before it would jump all around between 40-60c. Not anymore. Windows 11 temps are just more consistent. I haven’t been this excited with an update in a long while. Cant wait to see how my Ryzen 5800H laptop does.

What are your thoughts?

PS> If you want to Upgrade just download the Windows 11 Update Assistant

I haven’t even activated windows 10 on the machine I put together a few weeks ago. Coming from windows 7 this is a already a large change :smiley:

1 Like

For Ryzen users it is. Im just enjoying steady temps for once

1 Like

I’m currently running a 5600x. Maybe I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

currently installing it now

its at stage 3 of 3 with like 80% done

my system is a 2700x and a X470 taichi, I barely made the cut

all more of a reason I will upgrade next year

1 Like

It’s going to be the best time to do so. If you can’t get your hands on a Zen4? At least you will have a Zen3 XT series you can buy.

Only think I disliked was removing the Microsoft bloat after and remaking my start menu. Luckily I took a picture of it before install

Loving Windows 11. I used it during the beta via the Windows Insider Program. Nice to see it’s finally out for release!

Highly recommend it as I’ve noticed some changes in my running temperatures as well. Average temperature is lower when running apps such as World of Warcraft compared to when I was running Windows 10.

My PC is a Acer Predator Gaming PC, Which I bought brand new at Best Buy last summer. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have always liked Acer Predator products. When I bought my laptop I almost bought the Acer Predator Triton 500 se. In the end I didn’t get it due to the lack of a mux switch and 100w limited GPU. Not to mention the fact that the Legion Series Laptops have a on site repair warranty. So if something goes wrong they send a tech to your house to fix it so you never have to go without your laptop

My Laptop is a Legion 5 Pro 16". I just ran a test last night on it. It use to get a little toasty because of the RTX 3070 in it. The 5800H cpu used to hit a max temp of 92c in 1440p gaming. Now its max temp is 85c. I must say that it is a nice change for my laptop also

1 Like

Looks like CPU improvements made it into the newer builds but the improvements are still small. You’ll need new CPUs to possibly take advantage so we’ll see… in the meantime Linux is still leagues faster.

Until they get the storage features working I don’t see a reason for me to even bother trying it out.

2 Likes

Dont believe everything you read Griefs

There are many reddit threads and youtube videos on this. Most of the comments state they are actually seeing improvements. Not a performance hit.

I have a Ryzen 9 5900x in my desktop. I have a performance increase with a temp decrease. The same can be said about my 5800H in my laptop. Its more likely its effecting certain hardware combos

1 Like

The source is AMD itself :clown_face:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-400

Didnt happen to me or anyone I know. It also didnt seem to happen to many people on a 5000 series from what I have seen in comments.
:woman_shrugging:

Check the comments on the tech youtube videos. They mirror what I have said.

PS> Even if I was effected I wouldn’t care. Its being fixed this month

1 Like

I’m going to hold off on upgrading my 5950X desktop for a few months, but my ThinkPad X1 Nano is running it now and it’s decent. A few rough edges but I like the new visual style. Nice to see the stupid Windows 8 “metro” or “modern” look finally meeting its demise.

I’m… stuck in the dev channel and WoW works fine

@_@

My Ryzen 7 1800 doesn’t meet the requirements.
It’s not like it’s old. I think I bought it two years ago.

Don’t worry about him he’s been bashing AMD even before the pre Ryzen days

He thinks 3-5% performance loss in wow is somehow 50+ fps loss. Or maybe he thought 3-5% meant 30%-50% IDK

Majority of the windows 10 vs 11 game comparisons for AMD cpus don’t show any fps loss on YouTube

The fix is coming tomorrow or next Tuesday based on the rumors so he’ll desperately try to find another AMD problem then

1 Like

Ryzen 1000 CPUs work fine in Windows 11.

Did you even read what you posted? Fix planned for Oct 2021.
What are you complaining about this time?

1 Like

It’s entirely relevant to the thread and could be useful to people who are considering upgrading. It also comes directly from AMD. And no, I didn’t say anything about FPS loss, either but nice try, Strawman You.

I know I won’t be upgrading my Ryzen 5900HS system while this AMD bug is unfixed. Probably going to wait awhile longer, seeing how bug fixes sometimes introduce more problems.

that theres a fix coming probably :rofl:

1 Like