Anyone Else enjoying Windows 11? Its Live!

He must have missed the part where it says “some” people with these CPUs will be affected. Not all. Which means there are other factors than just owning the CPU that come into play.

On my desktop with the 5900x I ran cinnebench MC and SC over 15x. 0% drop in score. MC score actually went up by 2% so maybe other factors come into play than just CPU? Motherboard/Ram Combo? Ect ect. As for gaming I game at 1440p and have 0 lost frames in my games. Maybe 1080p would be different. I havent tested that

My laptop with the 5800H MC score stayed the same but SC score went down by 1.5% it seems. So only my laptop was affected. My desktop 5900x has improved. However the running temps on BOTH my desktop and laptop has gone down. As I have stated above they are also more consonant now. Either way Im happy with windows 11

1 Like

Are you sure? I downloaded PC Health Check like it was recommended and after a small scan it says TMP not enabled (that can be fixed in the bios) and also that my processor is not supported.

edit : after reading some articles online, I don’t think the 1000s series is compatible after all. Bummer.

It’s unsupported but Microsoft is letting you take the risk to do so

You’ll have to edit registry to allow first generation Ryzen or Skylake/Kabylake processors

1 Like

I’m running AMD with a 1660 Nvidia and yesterday I let Windows do a “check” on my machine. It came back telling me that my computer isn’t ready for 11. There are two orange “!” telling me I need something called TPM 2.0, Secure Boot and that my AMD 8300 Processor doesn’t meet their specs.

On YouTube, I saw a warning that if 11 were downloaded onto an older machine any further updates might break something and that I may not be “entitled” to updates anyway.

At almost 72, I don’t know a lot, but I know to be careful with what I download.

I would be interested in reading your opinions.

Thanks

PS: Running 10 now with an NVIDIA 1660 card.

Those chips came out in 2017 whoever sold you that 2 years ago probably ripped you off, if it’s a prebuilt

1 Like

You’re using a FX series processor that came out like 2013

You wouldn’t be able to upgrade anyways with an old processor like that

Sorry sir

Thank you…um…You. I have had this machine about 3 years now and yeah it’s a “built” one, too. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have to add I have absolutely NO problem running the game, now. My character’s movements are acceptable and the colors are great, so I’d just as soon stay with W10 if possible and my wife agrees about her machine.

We are “traditionalists” and didn’t want to go to 10 in the first place. To “quote” an old SNL Dana Carvey routine (“Crotchety Old Man”- think):
“We didn’t have no Windows when I was a boy! We used our Etch-A-Sketch or cut tats into our skin to see pictures! And we liked it!”

Of course, I’m kidding with y’all but if I can stay on 10 and just upgrade the graphics at some point, would I be okay for a while?

Thanks again!

Griefs: links two websites about how only eSports title games such as Fortnite, CSGO, LoL, majority any first person shooter games are hit by the windows 11 bug and stated fps/performance loss

Also griefs: “I DiDn’T sAy AnYtHinG aBOuT FpS lOsS” :clown_face:

Like aribeth said you don’t know what you’re talking about

You probably got confused by thinking WoW is a first person shooter game which makes sense why you linked it :wink:

Dude you should read more and troll less. The Ryzen 5900HS is not an affected processor.

He didn’t read the article at all. He’s been trolling and spreading misinformation like’s been the past year+.

It is but it’s not officially supported:

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/windows-11-will-work-on-1st-gen-ryzen-and-intel-6th-7th-gen-processors-via-iso-file-no-additional-workaround-needed/

Of course He Didn’t

He’s that desperate to tell us margin of error percentages is what hinders him from upgrading

He’s that worried he might lose maybe 2 fps performance by going windows 11 :scream:

All because that scary 3% to 5% loss!

The horror!

1 Like

I doubt he even have a Ryzen laptop

I had to go back and look up the specs of this chip

8 core processor with a 35w tdp

The bug:

Performance impact may be more detectable in > 8-core processors above 65W TDP. 

So his laptop doesn’t have more than 8 Cores so you can rule that out

His laptop also runs at a 35w tdp so you can rule that out too

He’s literally “worried” over a whataboutism and running it as a fact

1 Like

Yeah you have 5 years of windows 10 support till Microsoft ends support

You’ll be able to upgrade a whole new system sometime in the future

i wonder how it will run on my MSI laptop gaming I get next month (i’ll get you the specs when I find them, lol) anyway downloading it on a very cheapo laptop ATM just for fun to browse and look around.

I’d hate to own a 2700x lolololololololol

But don’t worry, AMD beta testers. Help is on the way. Hopefully doesn’t introduce more other performance issues like AMD “fixes” are known for

have no fear, the update was already pushed today (10/20/21)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749338020565483613/900257741782798426/021004243.jpg

Old:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749338020565483613/900259012103266304/Screenshot_9.png

New:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749338020565483613/900258769299202048/Screenshot_8.png

notice how I’m still on the stable build and not an insider build

you can worry no more about your week old data thats now obsolete

wonder why you mentioned an october 13th article for a fix that was already out?

Typical griefs trying to enforce old data as todays info

and for anyone else reading this: he kept his mouth shut during the constant spectre and meltdown exploits back to back for intel so its not surprising hes trying to scare people with AMD PCs

2 Likes

im currently testing it out on a cheapo laptop while i wait on my gaming PC next month. So far so good. Although no plans to upgrade my gaming laptop until win 11 is a serious contender for a good gaming OS. We shall see. Oh and besides I like Win 10 just fine, as well as 7/Xp.

What are you complaining about now? The issue was fixed with an update in a week.
You realize they had Intel issues too (ie breaking NIC cards so you can’t play games)?

Yet you dont see Griefs in here talking about Alder Lake’s 300 watts! or its overheating issue or the fact that if you buy one you most likely will have to buy a new cpu cooler also designed for it. Stays silent on the issue as he or she does with all intel issues.

Every bit if tech ever made has issues of some kind. I am not a fan of either. Intel or AMD? I really dont care I buy whichever is the better product and atm that is AMD. If intel ever changes that? I will start buying them again. Its kind of stupid to just be a fan of one and root for it like its your sports team. Buy from whoever currently makes the better product. Its that simple