Anyone else bored leveling alts?

It used to be better, then scaling changes.

Heirlooms were an expensive investment to speed up the leveling process and was generally your bis so you could focus on speed not gearing.

Then they dumpstered them, worthless paperweights. But you still gotta use them if you wanna go fast because of the exp bonuses.

1 Like

I am rediscovering the joy of leveling through low level dungeons again. Something that I never thought would happen. I actually am having fun and there are many more low dungeons to pass through.

It sort of feel magical again, like a feeling of finding a lost puppy.

2 Likes

i gave up leveling a long time ago. no enjoyment for me anymore. i got 3 toons i play it’s about all i can handle leveling in new zones anymore. i keep trying again just not happening.

I have about 24-28 characters that are all level 100+. Both alliance and horde, I have all classes, few more warriors, paladins, and dks then the others, but I pretty much have leveled every way possible in this game.

And now it bores me to death.

While I’m looking forward to the reduced leveling time in Shadowlands, I must say that I’m not looking forward to still doing the same content for actual leveling. Even if it takes shorter amount of time, it’s still playing through the whole Panda expansion and doesn’t sound great…

I’d love to see these few things come in sometime in WoW’s future (if it has one after that N’zoth ending - yikes!)

1. The Bronze/Silver/Gold class training scenario turned into a sandbox endless gauntlet for class to level. Sometimes I just wanna turn off my brain and let endless waves of Hogger come charge at me, that’d be fun.

2. Make a 4th spec for all classes.

3. “Revamp” the world yet again and make all old expansions just Chorime queues, or instances experiences.

After korrak’s, it’s basically impossible for me to even start leveling. I’m just going to wait another 5 years for the next korrak.

Speak for yourself. I enjoy the progression of getting new spells and talents! And meeting a questing buddy and chatting up through the whole zone. I made such great discord pals because of this.

Classic zones are so pretty!!

Both of these are class dependent.

If i don’t have to look at people’s ugly mounts or listen to that pre-level 20 mount. It’s waaaaaaaaaay worth it.

2 Likes

I only bother leveling when playing with the SO. So far we have a hunter/rogue combo that’s pushing into 80s and fire/frost mages that are going through the 60s now.

Would be boring to solo-grind when there are actual things to do at max.

that pretty much sums up leveling, I find it relaxing.

1 Like

Yeah, Eviscerate Rank 2 is so much more fun to use than Eviscerate Rank 1. Hey, all those memories running back to Stormwind and paying half my fortune for the pleasure of using Rank 2 of the same spell are so exhilarating.

Oh, you’re that guy, the one I’ve been trying to get rid of for the last half hour who just won’t stop going on and on.

Nah, pretty much all Classic classes are slow.

Yeah, how dare you have ways to running faster!

Agreed. Sometimes it’s just best to plow through the content.

1 Like

I have no motivation to level alts at this time when they say shadowlands leveling will be 50-70% faster. It’s a slog

1 Like

It’s not so much that I’m bored leveling alts… I’ll just get so discouraged at the fact I have to then grind so much to get essences and all the quests and stuff all caught up on every single alt that I get depressed.

And I say this as someone that has no job, is agoraphobic and rarely leaves the house, and literally just plays WoW/watches YouTube/draws/cleans house obsessively all day. It’s too much, even for me that has so much dang time. I can’t imagine playing this game and wanting to have alts as someone who has a full-time job.

3 Likes

yea it used to be enjoyable imo back then but i dont want to boost cause i’ve spent a lot of money boosting toons i dont play and i have a hard time learning a class if i boost it thus why i never really play DH or DK outside of disliking melee in WoW as well.

sadly i need to level this toon up. i was really hoping they would revamp the leveling in 8.3 thus i came back but i didn’t really keep up with the info and forgot XD

i also feel forced to level as well manually cause of heritage armour. but i made orc so it doesn’t matter all that much just the fact im not super interested in 8.3 content knowing it’s the last patch of BfA and i been gone since tier 1 of BfA.

You don’t pay half a fortune you pay all of it.

How dare people socialize in an mmo.

Nope, i’d argue casters if anything.

If it’s that loud and pesky bike,yes, how dare you.

I finished all of my alts in Korraks, so no, I was not bored at all. It was a lot of fun. Too bad it’s not still a thing.

I’m waiting till shadow lands to level alts. Since can pick the expansion want to level from 1-50 (going to stick to classic zones to level alts in.)

So instead of the usual Sunday post with a human pally complaining, it’s a classic toon complaining about live/retail.

I have a low tolerance for redundancy/monotony. I just flat out say , ‘‘Nope’’. And go do something else. There is only so much I can BS myself into leveling again something before I just realize it’s for, nothing.

I always enjoyed leveling because there was always something to look forward to.

Oh no, you’re not rolling your face against your keyboard, this is bad.