Anybody else think the cinematics in this game these days feels... slow?

While after deciding to take another break from WoW, i’ve do catch up a bit on the 9.1 story for a bit just for funises until it’s worktime, up to ‘Inform the Primus’, so i did the Ardenwald with Tyrande and…

I’ve noticed something on why i’ve haven’t been really jiving with these cutscenes lately from a last few expansions. They feel… slow. What do i mean by that? You know like in these cutscenes, or cinematics… the characters talk very slow, to build this sort of suspense or epiciness to the scene?.. You know…

“Mortal…” Pause. “I … need you too…” Pause. "…Get me a carton… " Pause. "Of milk … " Pause. “…in the mountains…” Pause. “Now go…” Pause. “And get it while it’s still on sale…”

That sort of thing. I get why they do it as i’ve said above, but it never felt like it gets to the point or just stops whatever pacing was going on previously. Making it feel stop and starty.

Do anybody else feel that? I can’t be alone in thinking that?

3 Likes

So what you’re really saying is you need some milk while it’s on sale?

7 Likes

Welcome to FF14. It’s probably the reason Blizzard approached BFA And Shadowlands the way they did. Can’t please everyone.

1 Like

Why would a carton of milk be in the mountains

Is there a fridge up there

2 Likes

Maybe. :no_mouth:

Odd Thorim Reference. :stuck_out_tongue:

And a packet of biscuits too please.

3 Likes

That doesn’t seem to be the case IMO.

Even if you go back to before they did cutscenes and they had npcs moving around they still had pretty lengthy scenes. Two that come to mind are the tales of that ghost night elf in Teldrassil, and the racial stories presented to the Horde by the loremaster in Jade Forest.

The speaking slowly is likely due to them not really knowing where the story is going and constantly doing rewrites. Since they can’t bring in the voice actors for every rewrite, especially some of the bigger names, they instead just chop up and edit what’s said so that it fits.

1 Like

Ive noticed since BFA Sylvannas has had her voice acting slowed down WAAAAY to much. Its a bit overkill. I was in Halls of Reflection yesterday for TW and talked to her and it was “yab yab yab yab yab” I regretted talking to her, but yea, now its like “Spit it OUT” She takes forever to talk.

3 Likes

My question to devs is why add cinematics in between raids. Nobody gets time to watch it :sweat_smile:

Snow

Well it is “Fridged” up there.

/The Entire stadium crowd booes at Bari.

1 Like

10/10 made me laugh.

2 Likes