Anybody else just not able to get into classes?

No matter how hard I try I just can’t get into Monk, Rogue or Druid. Even my DH has lost its luster.

Hunter, Pally or SPriest though, I love so much. Doing Remix and leveled 2 Ret Pallys up. Deleted one because I dont need 3. Also leveled up a 2nd Priest and loved it. Didnt do a Hunter since I have 2 already.

But I tried a DH and I just couldnt wait to get to 70, buy stuff and delete it. Currently the same with a WW Monk Im currently at 62 with. Nothing left to buy, so Ill just grab a toy at 70. Only reason I keep it is so I can just have another leather wearer for transmog.

It’s just weird how it plays, so I just am not having fun. My thoughts on remix aside, it’s just over play style of the class.

2 Likes

Yeah, basically any melee class I can’t get into, I try, but I prefer ranged classes. This ret pally is the only melee I’ve managed to get to max and gear decently and that’s because I can use 90
Percent of my abilities from range. I main a lock, alt a spriest. My friend is the opposite, only plays melee and has no patience for casters.

Hey me too! The last two flavours of paladin i needed - draenei and dwarf. I’m now just waiting for them to add more. Next will be my earthen i guess.

I stick with hunter and warlocks, mostly because they have the pet and demon respectively to tank for you. But if they allow warbands to do follower dungeons together, which I hope they do, then obviously I will have to diversify.

I can’t really ‘get into’ max level Shaman. Or mage. Or paladin. Or any healer besides blood DK.

:disappointed_relieved: :fearful:

Me with Ret.
It’s too boring. Needs more buttons and a faster rotation.

I’ve been using Remix to pick a main going forward, and I’m doing that by seeing if I even make it to 70. So far, I managed Hunter and Lock pretty easily. DH made it but the luster definitely wore off, and I finished it for some easy bronze.

Classes that didn’t make it:

Rogue, Priest (both of these I really enjoy the class fantasy, but playing them just doesn’t live up to the image for me), Monk (even the amazing class hall mount doesn’t save it). DK I’m already on the fence about; some of the TWW stuff is really cool, but the rune system makes for boring play (I always need a button to hit). I’ll probably skip Paladin; love the theme, hate holy power.

Still working through the rest, but there are several classes right now that just don’t spark joy when playing them. I actually started this whole thing because just trying to theorycraft what will be good for me hasn’t worked, and definitely hasn’t panned out in practice, so I’m going with the ol’ “play them and see what you like” advice.

I really prefer playing ranged classes and/or specs if I can. In terms of specific classes, I am terrible at rogue in particular and people who play it well in both PvE and PvP would be embarrassed if they saw my pathetic efforts :joy:

I can get in to monk, warlock, and priest.
These are my go to classes.

Most over classes ive not really played as im not interested in their fantasy.

Druid is fun enough but i hate shape-shifting

Rogue is squishy and stealth is annoying.

Shaman feels very clunky.

Hunter bores me to tears with its lack of substance.

Rogue is probably the main one. I love rogues in most games, but WoW just really isn’t a game that’s suited for general roguishness. I don’t think there’s anything Blizzard can really do to fix it. Stealth dungeons or being able to steal things of actual value would probably be pretty game breaking.

Also all 3 rogue specs now being about using shadow magic really killed what little interest I had in them. I like non-magic rogues.

1 Like

lol I laugh because you are in my head. You mentioned the same classes I keep trying to get into and then you mentioned the three classes I really enjoy.

I like mages as well but my mode for them is particular because they are glass canons with down time for sure. But pallies s priests hunters any day I log in I can play those.

I’m only into Holy Priest and Arcane Mage. Liked rogue for PvP.

I find my tastes vary over time and I think it is partly due to how they change the classes and specs.

In BFA, rogue, which was sidelined before then, became my main. In SL, it was my druid, but then my WW got a lot of attention.

I never could get into paladin or shaman, and I used to like hunter waaay back, but now I just dislike the play of it.

Can’t get the hang of unholy dk but love my blood DK. Mage is a favorite as I love my ranged DPS. Dracthyr has been a nice change too.

1 Like

I tried every class at max level during an expansion. I can’t get into Shaman and Warriors. Their aesthetic and themes are sort of meh, and their play style is too.

Rogues, Paladins, Druids, Warlocks, Hunters - I have a couple of each. One on each faction.

So until cata hit (not classic, the real cata) I loved Druid and was good at it. Around the time Cara hit, that’s where they changed feral from a rogue in cat form to the monstrosity it is now. The most fun I ever had with the class was when moonkin form was in the melee tree. I wanna say in burning crusade? And there was a legitimate build that did great damage as a feral in moonkin form. All of your attacks and abilities looked like a punch to the face. Meleekin, some called it punchkin. I miss that spec layout so much. lol.

Yeah some teachers lock the door after class begins, it’s annoying.

Priest. Any spec. Evoker, though I honestly didn’t try very hard.

I’m the total opposite: I cannot get into ranged classes at all. The most I did was a holy pally back in wrath and an spriest in SL.

Couldn’t do it for more than a week or so.

Being so far from combat and watching cast bars is super unexciting for me. I tolerate my monks fists of fury cast because it’s just one and I get to keep moving – and even then I sometimes interrupt it because it’s taking too long lol, and sabotage myself because I desperately want to hit another button for a big number.

1 Like

it’s part of our taste . I cannot get into rogue (energy and point spender ) , the theme of warlock and all the green fel energy , monk and cat druid ( another point spender )