Anybody Else Disappointed With The New Class?

The only reason I made one was to get a max level alliance character :slight_smile: Its all go though, as we both won!

with no paladins as well :disappointed:

I mean, it makes sense at the time in BFA but now? It should’ve been clear they are reconnected with The Alliance.

1 Like

The big kicker is that IIRC Daelin Proudmoore was classified as a paladin and they weren’t even going to give kultirans mage until people pointed out Jaina was a mage lol.

Daelin Proudmore existed WELL before The Alliance broke at Lordaeron. So they had Paladins but were quickly waning when that happened from Arthas razing it all down. There’s a reason that was a pivotal moment. And with how Stormwind City was JUST getting back on its feet too, they were the only bastion for new Paladins too. Kul’Tiras lost all access to Paladins when Daelin died much like how Gilneas did when they want nothing to do with The Alliance.

Though the mage reasoning was funny, so that didn’t make sense for trying to cut off Kul’tirans from being mages. lol

1 Like

I like them. I think they are fun. I do think it’s accurate to say devastation is a little on the simple mechanics side. But I also laugh as I scroll posts in this forum acting like this feedback only applies to evokers.

It’s hardly the only simplistic class in the game. I’m thinking of arcane mages and ret pallies especially (and I enjoy both of them as well).

complex does mean guaranteed fun and simplicity doesn’t mean boring all the time to me.

Sometimes I want more thought and options (I generally jump on my druid at those moments) but sometimes I’m fine with the 3 or 4 button spam rotations as i lazily quest or gather herbs/ore/skinning

i wouldn’t say it’s disappointing. then DK came out, i tried their story but i just couldn’t get into it. i did the evoker one and it’s not so bad. it sets up the story well. i found the class just isn’t something that interests me. i like healing, i like casters, i’m just not a fan of either spec.
i do wish the race could be more than just evoker. perhaps their exposure to the mortal world means they can learn these different paths in time. their soar ability is so overpowered i’d pick it for all of my prefered classes

It is better that they do not.

not really it wouldn’t make anything unbalanced/broken it would make sense, and a ton of ppl also think it’s a missed opportunity on blizz’s end which it is

Uhhh no it hasn’t.

I’m absolutely sure it’s because, they don’t care. It’s always just money and hype. It’s gross and such an old story these days, getting ignored by the people that want our money. Wow has always been a bunch of arrogant, self centered better than thou tech puppets. Suggest something and you’ll (we all) get the converse opposite. Oh well, it’s the way the world has always been, now it’s just at crushing levels and worsening until the end. I’m getting what little and, I mean little, fun and games I can for the next short while. Then viola, we’re done.

…wow necro’d thread is necro’d

Evokers feel like a weird fan-made mod added to the game.

They feel uncanny and don’t really match the WoW asthetics.

Not really a big fan of the Evoker character design. The class play, eh, its “okay” but lower tier for me.

I am having extreme difficulty enjoying how the class feels to play. Which sucks because I decided to main it and figured I’d get a hang of it eventually, but it’s just not very fun. Too much downtime. They need to rework it.

I don’t hate the new race, but Evoker as a class is meh at best. Nobody asked for a mid-ranged mage with generic abilities, no lore basis, and no real niche.

Should’ve done something unique that has a massive basis in lore and popular request: Artificers / Tinkers.