Anybody Else Disappointed With The New Class?

It really just seems like a gimmick class put in place to match the new expansion. I’m sure Dragon Flight will be fun with all the new changes, but after finally trying out Dracthyr…it seems boring and plain.

The community has been asking for new classes (necromancer, bard, tinkerer, etc) but they go with something nobody asked for.

Doesn’t make any sense to me.

20 Likes

I actually had this thought a while ago when we got the teaser for Dracthyr. I was sitting there wondering "who asked for this?". But it was then that I simply realized it wasn’t for me, and I’ll look for other things in this expansion to enjoy

17 Likes

One, playable dragons has been a requested thing since classic. Now is this the dragons people wanted? Thats its own debate

That said if it isn’t for you, then don’t play it. Some people will enjoy others won’t, that’s how these things go

12 Likes

I too think that its boring but if ppl like the class them im happy for them. Its just not for me so i dont plan on playing one

3 Likes

I am not disappointed because I am not playing one… Though I have to say, they are to skinny for what I would have envisioned as a dragon.

6 Likes

frankly i think all of those sound either really unlikely (necro) or just very blah. if we were to get them i would express my disappointment and then just not play them though

The only reason I made a Drac is to have a 5th level 60 as a Crafter.

1 Like

You know what is magical?

The ability to ** CHOOSE** not playing the new class.

Not all classes are created equal, and not all gamers play equally.

You find it boring and simple. Other find it fun, and just what we been expecting.

So sad people still think all WoW players must be measured by the same standards.

5 Likes

So… just like the 3 previous new classes.

1 Like

“Plain and Boring.”

The only thing plain and boring are these critiques that give no insight to your opinions whatsoever

2 Likes

the fact that dracthyr are class locked to evokers makes me insanely sad
i wanted to vibe out on a dragon warrior

2 Likes

Dracthyr themselves are okay.

Devastation Evokers are dog. THey are a disjointed mess that needed some real direction.

Race okay. Class sucks.

1 Like

I enjoy the class but think the race is awful.

I can’t fathom how anyone in charge looked at their run animation and said “yep, looks great, go with that”

7 Likes

Only the lack of transmog on the draconic form.

Having a fantastic time, otherwise.

3 Likes

Disappointed? Not really. Casting just isn’t my playstyle.

1 Like

Also, if you want to realize a bulkier dragon character, come voice your support:

2 Likes

Yes I’ve been saying it for a while now.

It’s not good. It really isn’t. People are cherry picking preservation evoker in coordinated keys and pvp. That’s not the game 90% of us are playing.

Preservation evoker is by far the better of the 2 specs but try playing that with a ranged DPS off in Narnia… or during a raid. Yeah that 25 yard range will hurt badly.

Now devastation? It’s a mess. A complete mess. I can overlook the healer but the DPS spec I expected better from. It’s stuck in place spamming living flame or disintegrate that roots you, channeled abilities root you. It’s not fun, it’s not inventive, it has no flair or spark.

It’s a horrifically clunky, low range, low survivability squishy.

BUT HEY WE OVERTUNED THE NUMBERS SO PEOPLE LIKE IT CAUSE LOL BIG NUMBERS! Yeah this is exactly why people are fine with it, because of the numbers. The gameplay itself is awful.

5 Likes

Im not a fan of dracthyr or evokers.

But im also not a fan of orcs or warriors.

Its okay that not everything appeals to everyone.

Evokers aren’t the most engaging class for me, but I do enjoy the drakthyr race.

I’m not a big fan of shammies or mages, either.

I don’t really have any interest in playing it but I hear Preservation is pretty good and unique which I think is good for the game. From what I’ve seen the dps spec is basically a caster form of DH and pretty basic. Not necessarily bad for the game but boring I’ll agree with.