Any Update on Faction Change Service?

Has anyone heard of any update on the faction change service release? I know a lot of people were expecting it with the release of Ulduar (me as well).

Personally the irl friends i played with on Horde at start of WotLK classic are no longer playing and another group of irl friends are playing Alliance on the same server, and I have no desire to start over from lvl 1 rip

6 Likes

They not adding it, they’ve come to their senses and decided not to add it.

2 Likes

lol

The Classic Dev team coming to their senses? Not in this timeline.

3 Likes

It’s just me being hopeful, I know that they’d never give up an opportunity to make a buck.

They stated in a community council interview maybe a month or 2 ago that if it did not come with Ulduar it would be shortly after.

So this phase but…“Soon”?

3 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks for the tip. Do you happen to have the link, or can you tell me where to find it? Searching Google/YouTub has been a crapshoot.

“If we dont have it at the patch we hope soon after, but we’re trying.”

4 Likes

Awesome. The relevant info is at the timestamp https://youtu.be/eFoUiSMzJOc?t=3853

Per twitter there will be a press conference at 11am pacific today to announce race/faction chnage

Would be interested in it but don’t wanna play an elf; possible to have undead paladins?

Im so ready to go Gnome you have no idea

source? can’t find anything on twitter

Many players who were on a large pop realms (Grobb, Sarg, etc.) were unable to log on in evenings for many weeks (>month). They decided to accept the free xfer, so at least they can level up, upon which time hopefully the realms unlock and can xfer back in time to raid with their guild/friends. Worst case scenario is that the realms stay locked, but there are guilds/friends on other realms opposite faction, but surely by then, faction change will likely be out and we can join them as it had been promised.

This person is screwed. They did exactly what blizzard wanted them to do, (ease the population by realm transfer until after the launch surge), and now they are stuck on a low pop realm, now past Phase 2.

1 Like

Press conference for faction change?

You trolling rofl?

They specifically said in that video that faction change would 100% be ready for patch but were not sure on race change because it was “harder” - the fact theyve announced nothing after promising something to the community council is LOL

1 Like

ALSO faction change is a joke because no one wants to xfer to the dead side of their realm and then pay 25 dollars to go to med pop/low pop server… Faerlina who want to go bene ally are screwed and vice versa… anyone who says “med” pop realms are fine you are high on cope. WE WANT MEGA REALMS BECAUSE ITS A MMORPG - must of missed that first letter standing for massively

1 Like

Imagine blizzard keeping us informed on why they didnt keep their word on at least minimum faction change? the bulk of people want race change because its the most viable option for the services people are looking for when it comes to locked realms

1 Like

BUMP on this please and maybe someone will respond instead of radio silence

Ill have to post from all my characters if we want a response from the careless blizzard skeleton classic crew