Any solution for the extreme memory leaks?

Every since the Dream patch I’ve had the worst memory leak issues. I play on Mac but I have also seen people with PC having the issue. Has anyone found a fix for this?

No response from Blizzard in the bug report forum.

3 Likes

I have this problem as well. I’m playing on an AMD 5800X with RX7900xt. The only bandaid I’ve found for the issue is to go into settings and switch to DX11 legacy.

How much memory do you have and is it being maxed out?

https://www.wowhead.com/news/memory-leak-issues-for-directx-11-and-mac-users-in-patch-10-2-solution-next-week-336081#:~:text=Blizzard%20has%20posted%20on%20the,12%20or%20DirectX%2011%20Legacy.

seems they have commented somewhere, i imagine tomorrow comes with a patch that should hopefully fix this issue to start the season

4 Likes

For anyone who doesn’t want to click in, DX11 users can “Fix” this by using DX12 in most cases, Mac users have to type /console gxrestart every 30m-1hr to dump their memory, this will be fixed in tomorrow’s weekly reset according to blizzard

1 Like

Please be careful if this is happening, you might damage your SSD/HDD and this could corrupt your Windows if on the same drive. Maybe best not to play until this is fixed.

Mac is a bit weird. I have 8 gb ram installed but the game uses up to 32 gb of memory.

I’ve had my computer completely lock up a couple times playing WoW since the last patch.

They won’t even acknowledge that someone messed up the code and created a memory leak.

just say you do 0 research

this goes for all of you… the solution is to wait or use the given console command like come on guys

Bruh they just didn’t know LOL

now they know!!!

And knowing is Half the Battle…

G.I. JOE!!

1 Like

Boo. I was going to type that very thing.

1 Like

Only two more months and I will have your transmog set.

Finally!

To fix memory leaks you need access to the source code and the ability to build the system and run it. It’s one of the more difficult bugs go find, right up there with multi process race conditions, but back in the day I was pretty good at finding these types of problems.

Congrats. You are becoming me.

Just remember we love chicken and turkey and hate crocs

1 Like
1 Like

Will Do :slight_smile: