Any raiding Balance druids?

Hm okay. Was not sure since I figured once Darkmoon came out that the deck that rewards mana regen would mean using wrath to proc it more.

Raided on my Balance Druid in Vanilla but it was Utility toon because of mana issues mostly. I usually got in though for brez, innervate, tranquility, offheals. Am now leveling this toon which will also be Balance raider but have to level as Feral.

Keep in mind that as Classic progresses into MC and then especially into AQ40 and Naxx, the ability of guilds to bring lackluster specs like boomkin will decrease dramatically. At some point your raid spot will be at risk even if it isn’t in the current faceroll MC content.

1 Like

How do you make money? Do you gather or what? When you’re at 60 and raiding as a balance druid?

sure if your guild is pve focused.

i have tailoring and make bags all day.

Yeah. Alc, herb. Selling pots and such.

Can also do princess, dm e jump, etc etc

That wasn’t “really” a boomkin.

They brought one Druid PURELY for Farie Fire. That’s it. Dude went boomkin because the mindset was “might as well bring the crit buff if I’m just gonna sit here debuffing with FF and decursing”.

I suppose technically it was a balance druid, the dudes talent were irrelevant. FF bot.

Makes sense, since that guild had 15+ warriors,

1 Like

They had 1 mage

Basicly this. They wanted to stack shaman healer for windfury and get faerie fire and motw. But whatever the reason they are being brought boomie being meta is nice :slight_smile:
Some class only bring big damage, druid in general bring utility.

1 Like

Not really. Balance Druids actually scale fairly well, and the content never gets hard - especially with the knowledge and time to prepare that we have.

Will you be better than a Lock in Naxx? Nooooo way. But you will be more than fine.

Yup. Warriors and Rogues are the kings so FF is extremely important.

1 Like

" I am that Moonkin.

Resto druid at the highest level of play is basically unplayable in classic wow. Buff slots are strictly (STRICTLY) controlled, and warriors especially have a billion procs and even stuff like stances count as a hidden buff. You get 32 buff slots to play with, technically 29 because of Stance + helm/leg enchant.

This means that HoTs and thorns are unusable at the risk of pushing off important world buffs. Resto druid is therefore limited to HT only, and that’s just terrible in speedruns because everyone is spamming dark runes and mana pots on cooldown. Which enables mana inefficient fast heals like Flash Heal to snipe your slower heals with a guarantee.

However, a druid is mandatory per raid because of Faerie Fire/GotW being a critical raid debuff/buff. Decurse and combat res is also fairly handy.

So the options are therefore:

• Bring a resto druid that’s going to do very little, healing wise.
  • Bring a feral that can tank/somewhat buff melee dps, but has a critical flaw in that Feral FF has a cooldown, and is still affected by spell hit so you have to shift out and spam until it lands. FF is essential.
  • Bring a Moonkin that carries 2% spell hit from Banthok Sash and Star of Mysteria for easier FF hits, carries GotW, Combat res, decurse capability and buffs 4 casters that don’t suffer from crit cap like melee.

In this situation I chose to play Moonkin in raid. I have no spellpower gear whatsoever and did no effective damage at all, but that was never my raid role. Unless Blizzard relents on the buff cap being such an important thing, this is unlikely to change.

Note that everything I said applies only to guilds looking to push times and min/max, resto druids when allowed to play the game as designed are still a powerful healer and will only improve with T2 enabling other healing specs.

edit, thanks for the golds. I really did not expect that."

right from reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/dxj2vz/progress_swoops_in_to_claim_worlds_fastest_molten/f7s21xh/

6 Likes

Oh wow it is you!

Can’t think of a better source than well…the person who “did” it.

I think its good that you clarified that resto druids are still good for 99% of raiding groups. I think a lot of people see them as weak and they don’t particularly understand why.

i didn’t do it. i just copy pasta the post from reddit that relays what that boomkin was there for and why i have chosen to be a boomkin for my guild.

resto druids become weak when you bring more than 1 or you have a comms break down in assignments. my guild knew i was going postal because my HoTs were getting punted by other druids, and instead of being a giant neckbeard and nit picking how they play i was told i can do w/e roll i want (as im the only druid in my guild despite w/e build im playing that will innervate a priest/shammy before i use it on myself)

As long as you keep up FF, your doing your job!

and using innervate. it’s literally free 2 mana pots that you can cast on a healer in need.

Oh ya innervate is an incredible spell.