Any plan to fix zg encahnts?

Can ya’ll (the developers) please finally admit that #NoChanges is complete and utter crap at this point?

You’ve changed multiple things about Classic and will continue to do so whenever you feel like it.

3 Likes

I played vanilla, and Yes, it is an exploit.
So were other silly things we did to leverage a flaw in the games mechanics or design.
Mailbox chanting BOPs leveraging the spell batching window to make the now BOP item mail-able etc.

All were exploits, and we knew it then.

Better check your self with the “You never played Vanilla” Mantra

The only difference in vanilla, is they were mostly done on the quiet
info not shared, and not done to extremes so as to draw attention.

Now days if 1 person does it, 5000 do it, and parade it around holding up a flag about it and put up a video stream telling everyone how to do it.

7 Likes

Shutting down an exploit that slipped through the cracks 15 years ago isn’t a change.

1 Like

No, but they will continue to do it whenever we can not be mature enough to make things that were not exactly widely known in vanilla the flavor of the day in classic to the point that suddenly it is drawing mass attention.

SO then Diamond flask which wasnt changed until TBC should be changed then? Diamond flask is way more OP then any of these shoulder enchants ever hope to be, in fact witha full healing set an flask Druids arent even considered in the realm of a comparable tank to warriors your missing 600+(every 5 seconds) healing threat for the first 1 min of a fight.

But it has TBC notes? so do or don’t change?

May i ask a dumb question?

Is the flask working as intended, regardless of if it was decided it was a bad intention later, is it working as designed?

I don’t think this is even a meaningful question to ask, since the use case in question for Diamond Flask was likely never even contemplated by the developers back then. Same goes for Manual Crowd Pummeler usage by druid tanks; no developer ever even considered how this level 30 item might impact the raiding metagame when it was first designed. So really there was no “intention” at all in these examples.

But I agree that for ZG enchants there was indeed a developer design intent to keep these restricted by class, which makes the enchant exploit qualitatively different from the above examples which one could argue are just “clever use of game mechanics”. Ultimately the threshold for what to hotfix vs. leave in Classic is pretty arbitrary though, and the dev team will end up going by gut instinct for what “feels right” to them. This is totally fine and normal for a classic game - inevitably new exploits will always come to light over time and judgment calls will have to be made on a case by case basis.

1 Like

But it is.
Lets take the MC because at least i know how it works.
The MC is doing just what it was designed to do.
It is not experiencing a flaw in it’s mechanics or function.
Not exploiting a gap where you can tell that a thing was not intended.

It could be claimed a flaw in decision, not thinking forward enough, but the fundemental function IS in fact working as intended.

So no exploit going on there.
Nothing to address fix or penalize

Which comes back to the flask.
Is it simply doing it’s function as designed, through no voodoo, and simply showing lack of foresight?
If so, then there is nothing to address.

And this is coming from someone who finds the flask annoying, because warriors will need roll against me for healing gear.
I lost a stormrage head piece to a warrior, and i kind of think he may not even be able to wear it due to class designation, but they let him roll, and the raids LM did not give it to me so it was gone.

And still, i would say, if the flask is simply working according to it’s design
then it is what it is.

So, I’m going to clarify what OP means for people like you. The ZG enchants are class specific, and under normal circumstances cannot be put on other people’s gear UNLIKE librams. So yes, the enchants being on twinks and whatnot ISN’T an exploit. However, the ZG enchants are different. Under normal circumstances they cannot be applied through the trade window. People are abusing a bug in the timing of the window.

Ex. This isn’t “Hey, open trade so I can put this enchant on your gear.” This is, “Alright, so we have to time this just right or the enchant won’t bug and go onto your gear.”

Intent for the enchants to be class only… what a joke. They never intended for warrior to be the best tank and the best/top DPS or for warlocks to be at sub 2% playrates

They set out to make a game they wanted to play an had very little regard for anything along the way. If we start applying what should be in classic to what is. We will get retail really god damn fast.

You definitely got screwed.

Yes it is, because it was done the same as ZG enchants.

Remember everyone there are two elements at play here: An exploit that existed in vanilla (Yes it’s an exploit, that isn’t debatable.) and a change to classic in a 2hr trade window for raid gear.

Those two coming together make for something that is 100% not vanilla.

I’d have prefered the fix be that BoP/Raid gear did not work with this exploit and the old trade/mailing exploit left alone. Though I can’t say if they could have functionally done that, and really a full fix is better than letting that new thing go on.

1 Like

No. The libram enchants(Dire Maul/Burning Steppes have been an item that could be applied through the trade window since vanilla. You CAN apply these at any time without any tricks through the trade window.

The Argent Dawn shoulder enchants/ZG shoulder enchants? You get an error message normally. People are finding EXPLOITS to go around this.

1 Like

What? The enchants are listed under class specifics. The mage enchant has the requirement of mage on it. You even have to use a voodoo doll on a mage to get it. People are exploiting trade windows(you have to time it, you can’t do it like a libram enchant).

Blizzard intended the ZG enchants to be class-specific, but the reason was because they were going more for RP and uniqueness than class balance. Having just a tank, healer, caster, and melee enchant would be boring. Boring but fair.

Blizzard already fixed the problem so the discussion is over. But I would have been fine if they hadn’t, except that people were selling them for like 1200g. That would have led to a lot of people starting ZG pugs to reserve the idols to sell.

No, no you won’t.

And i did not even get a phone call the next day

1 Like

Let me be completely clear here: I am talking about ZG Head/Leg enchants, and reputation shoulder enchants. Not libram enchants.

are you some sort of idiot? whos talking about shoulder enchants.

What do you mean by “finally?” They were pretty up front about it even before Classic was released:

Additional improvements will include modern anti-cheat/botting detection, customer service and Battle.net integration, and similar conveniences that do not affect the core gameplay experience.

If you’re just getting angry about it now, then you weren’t paying attention. Personally, I don’t mind when they fix bugs and exploits.

2 Likes