Any plan to fix zg encahnts?

no downside? if you want to waste the 200g on bloodvine or 1100g on a lionheart just to have it wasted, go ahead. to me, that is a major downside lol

1 Like

How can you call it “exploit” and tell people that its ok to do it in the same sentence “you may risk wasting the enchant by exploiting in our game”-sadface.

Also since you allowed raid gear to be traded (not a thing in vanilla) people can abuse this exploit on normal raidgear aswell and not just on boe items. Should just ban all who attempt do this tbh.

11 Likes

The downside is the enchant gets wasted if they fix it, but if they don’t then yeah no downside to exploiting it.

1 Like

What is the exploit exactly? Someone linked a character but I don’t understand which enchant is not allowed?

the downside is it break every bit of class fantasy and basis. they are class specific enchants

3 Likes

Full report out detailed in the Bug Forum: Zul'Gurub, Argent Dawn, and Naxxramas Class & Shoulder Enchants, Spell Batching, and Loot Trading

3 Likes

A level 1 character can have Rogue Instant Poison VI on its weapons, increasing DPS nearly 10,000%.

Yea… that’s bad.

7 Likes

Over mutiple releases the game has changed and the functions of the enchants have changed. But that IS a level 19 twink from vanilla on retail that was given enchants by someone else.

Now make sure you get rogue poisons on other classes weapons too.

4 Likes

But this is how it was in the actual vanilla tho…
Theres still people in retail with classic items with ZG enchants from different classes, this is how it was, but now you guys decide to change it? Weird

10 Likes

Please let moonkins have this… please…

5 Likes

we all know it existed, honestly it needs to be changed. it uses glitches in the system to force an enchant on to a class that was never suppose to have it.

2 Likes

you could argue that boe items is a classic “not a bug”… but with the new trade window on bop raid items and that those can now be enchanted… is not so intended.

1 Like

Yeah I remember raid gear being tradeable in retail and people doing this exploit on their mish’undares as a warlock for extra hit with the mage enchant. Totally the same situation as back then. /s

Back then you maybe had a few rare cases of this happening on boe items but now this will become the standard on normal bop raidgear if left unfixed. Ban em all.

3 Likes

this just simply needs to be fixed. i get it, it would be awesome for a lock to get the 2% on top of bloodvine but at the same time, this was clearly not intended. if it were intended, they would have gotten 1% spell hit enchants. clearly an exploit

2 Likes

It’s not an exploit, it was like this in VANILLA!
Its just called outsmarting game mechanics.

6 Likes

Can you also please take a look at people abusing the ZG enchants by putting them on low level “twink characters” such as 19 and 29 twinks… it really ruins the fun. We’ve got people abusing trade glitches to add them to low level characters

2 Likes

it wasn’t a glitch in vanilla and it isn’t one now, just because you call it one

1 Like

for boe items sure. bop… not so much since the 2 hour trade window in raid wasn’t a thing. However, the fix will make it one way or the other since I don’t think it’s possible to have it both ways.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t get your hopes up on this one.

Adding enchants to BoEs before equipping them was done in vanilla, so it’s not a bug the same way adding them to BoP items then trading them back using the unique to classic 2hour window is.

They could decide to go this route, but it would be a change instead of a bug fix, so I’m skeptical they would do it.

3 Likes