Any one left the dragonflight path and just thought about going back to Old Contet

I’m so tired of the devs design on metrics [maria, ion, etc…]
This team has no idea what fun looks like it seems…

10 Likes

Is this the part where we pretend like the devs at some point in the past didnt care about metrics?

The devs always tried to create a game that would keep you logged on and active. Its why they had some absolutely tedious questlines and waiting on boats for long periods of time.

5 Likes

Nope.

The only content that matters is current.

1 Like

As you get older it’s harder to not notice the strings attached to the fun. To see what they’re doing in terms of Artificial time engagement versus “immersion”

Once you see it you can’t go back to being naive. And naive was fun

11 Likes

I grinded Horrific Visions last night to finally get the mount. That’s about the extent.

3 Likes

I mean, Blizzard doesn’t need to make me have fun, because I’ll gladly and willingly do the content they’re pushing me to do anyways.

Raiding and mythic plus are da bomb.

1 Like

I wish I felt that way truly

They do. They are having fun at the expense of the players.

Because no way they would do what they do short of considering this game a joke and the players the buffons.

7 Likes

Do people not do this? Even at my most sweatiest back in Cata, I was still doing Vanilla/BC/WotLK Content.

1 Like

I`m playing both Classic and Retail. But in Classic we’re doing a FULL RP run using Discord, it’s being amazing to RP in old WoW. There is something about the pacing of the combat and the world that was missing in retail, for sure.

3 Likes

Nope. I still have so much to do on the dragon isles. Old content is in the past, I play in the present.

2 Likes

Gold-farming was my primary incentive to run old content, with achievements a distant second. Since my favorite gold-farms were nerfed into the ground early in Shadowlands, I don’t think I’ve done any old content.

I’d much rather they spent the vast majority of their resources on fixes & new features for the current expansion. Sure, addreess critical fixes for old content that would be encountered by leveling players, but that’s it.

If I didn’t find the current expansion fun, I’d pickup a new game before retreading content I already experienced.

1 Like

Have pretty much finished open world content in Dragonflight. There are some acheivements to grind out but not a fan of endless grinding. Due to this, I have been going back to old content to complete it. Just finished “Balance of Power” on this character. Might try some island stuff from BFA now.

3 Likes

I probably should set aside a day this week before 10.0.7 drops to just focus on running around old content looking for greys and whites to collect.

1 Like

I went through 3 zones of Dragonflight. Saved the big zone with the big city for last… But I just couldn’t get motivated to do it. I’ve been in Outland for the last 3 days. I just couldn’t get into Dragonflight, although I did enjoy Dragon Flying. Maybe I’ll go back someday to finish it.

I felt the same about Shadowlands, too. Never did finish it and never saw the last zone they added to it. I don’t know if it’s me or the game.

2 Likes

I’ve done this pretty much every day since I started in late BC. I jump from old to new and back again. It’s really the only way I ever play.

6 Likes

If this is the way you truly feel, what are you doing here? Why are you paying them money to play this game? I would never play a video game if I felt the way you do about this game.

5 Likes

Why not do both? Play a main and level an alt through old content when you’re bored of current? And vice versa.

2 Likes

You’re paying for the whole game, you might as well use it.

7 Likes

I do basically nothing but old conttent these days.

3 Likes