Any drama happened in your guild yet?

Because of rl issues I had to quit during MoP. When I came back for WoD it felt like the game had changed. My guild was gone. I kept joining new guilds and at first they seemed active and nice but over a few months people kept leaving and the guild would go defunct. Once I was in what I thought was a great guild and I went to play my alliance alts for a few weeks. When I logged back on to Rotsta no one was on. No one every logged on again. The guild was empty. I began to feel like a guild jinx. Any guild I joined died. No drama, the guilds just died. That’s one of the reasons I quit retail. I couldn’t find a guild

2 Likes

Guild leader asked me to get him some water for a Mara run. Sure NP. Hot him a stack of Dew. Dude paid me 1g back.

RAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

my first guild was full of people trying to scam each other i left the guild without saying anything about it and was cust out in whispers and put on ignore so i could not respond by the raid leader the sad part to me is it’s still a prominent guild on the server i just hope they implode soon before they can take in other players

I had a disagreement with a guildie, guild master suggested a duel to settle matters. I agreed, other person told me I should die of cancer. Guild Master kicked him out after saying that.

When Classic launched, we had our guild members slowly trickling into game as they were able to get through the launch queues. We had the first few pool together the coins required to start the guild, and were getting signatures as people logged in.

We go to register the guild only to find the name has already been taken. A former guild member, that had left the guild years before and had not been a member since, registered the guild name before we could.

3 Likes

We have Dramah every single day! He is a stinky Orc warrior and he likes to pull aggro on bosses and die. Silly warriors.

1 Like

What a madlad

This is just amazing. Hope the healer was pretty hot.

1 Like

this is just about the best of the thread so far, (not counting my own story lol)
thanks for posting!

1 Like

Your entire post?

2 Likes

Had one of my officers get pissy with me about overriding his high roll to give a pugger a staff from Heroic Garrosh. It was two weeks before the heirloom weapons became guaranteed drops if you didn’t have one already, and the heirloom was better.

He calmed down about it by the next week’s raid and did eventually admit that I’d made the right call. Pugger might never see the staff again, and he was guaranteed better just for showing up every week.

1 Like

My current guild is comprised of members that I have known and raided with as far back as Vanilla or WotLK. They have some absolutely insane stories, but they aren’t really mine to share.

Classic: Had a guild called Black Dragon Elite that experienced its first great schism when a d***head officer that was extremely homophobic lose his s*** when he found out one of our core healing priests was gay. For some reason, they kept the officer, and this just made things worse when more people left over it, including the core priest. More splits occurred later until d-bag officer finally left and joined another guild, but it was already our guild’s raiding death knell, since we no longer had the members to progress into AQ40.

BC: A warlock I’d known for years went bipolar on a bunch of people. It was the last domino in causing a top tier guild to permanently disband.

WotLK: I’d rejoined my original raiding guild, but due to some massive d-bag officer they held onto, I left and several core members went with me to form a new raiding guild. We were very successful until mid-Ulduar, but I built my own 10 man that progressed rapidly; however, it included non-guildies. After absorbing a FnF guild to keep going (including a LOT of bad players to fill holes), my 10 man continued progressing through HMs. Unfortunately, I as an officer, MT, and raid leader, got accused of running a clique and was forced to drop valuable members for bad players, and our progress regressed considerably overnight. I never got over that, and instead raided 10 mans completely external from my own guild.

Later in ICC, I did heroic 10 man and was server 2nd or 3rd to reach heroic LK 10. The aforementioned BC warlock was actually the raid leader, since he was a great player. We downed heroic Putricide while he was blackout drunk. It was both hilarious and agonizing due to his 30-45 minute AFKs throughout the night. Ultimately left my guild around this point, since I wanted to do more top end raiding, and we could no longer do it.

Cataclysm: Some kind of drama caused my WotLK raiding guild to transfer off of the server over night. I was a month late to Cataclysm, but I heard it was over some epeen stuff.

WoD: Came back in this expansion. Some serious internal officer drama split apart a guild I joined, but I don’t know what. I was told it was a long time coming, and most players transferred off.

Legion: The mythic raiding guild I joined at the start was run as an alt guild of the GM. Due to gross mismanagement on his part, the guild crumbled when we lost a core healer and MT.

The Craziest I experienced: Loot drama in Vanilla.

Perdition’s Blade dropped for one of our rogues, but they picked up Brutality Blade earlier in the raid. The officers decided to give it to another rogue, and we had some bawling going on in Ventrilo for a good while. It was… uncomfortable to say the least. The absolute silence outside of that was crushing.

this topic was mainly Classic adressed (on classic forum), because loot in classic means so much more

Well, I’ve gotta make due with what i have, dammit. I’ve only been playing classic for a couple of weeks, and I missed Vanilla proper due to military stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

In wotlk, i joined a raiding guild for the first time. On my very first run, one of the guild members said he had to leave at a specific time. once that time came, he said sorry I have to go now. The gm lost his mind. He reminded the gm that he told him up front about it.
The guy got kicked on the spot from the guild. 2 others immediately left the guild/raid because of it. The raid basically ended at that point. I left the guild that night because i didn’t like that the gm lost his mind because of a rl thing.

2 days later i see the gm looking for a raiding guild and a bunch of people were laughing at him in trade because I guess it had made the rounds. it was my shortest time in a guild, less than 24 hours

1 Like

~NGHHH
You got me gud with this one.

1 Like

Here’s another throwback…

This one took place during Vanilla. Had a couple in guild. He played a warrior and she played a warlock. She would always be in the vent really late with some of the older guys in the guild (two priests). She always pinned it on warlocks/priests had so much to learn from eachother blah blah.

Turns out she was selling them worn panties for over a year. It only came out because one of the priest’s his wife found the panties. Destroyed his marriage/family and we never heard from him again.

The warlock’s partner wasn’t to pleased with the situation either and shortly after we lost them as well.

5 Likes

I was in a guild that formed back in May. The GM /gquit suddenly during the first week, effectively nuking the guild. That was fun!

Some guy was going off in guild chat (can’t remember why, argument was already started when I logged in) and he told another guildie to suck his cck. GM immediately kicked him and apologized to the rest of the guild. We sht talked him for about 30 minutes after lmao. Good times. I’ve missed guild drama.

honestly, i personally wondering if Guild will allow me to get Anathema as shadow priest, at this point i have highest epgp score and pretty much can get any item or even two. But will RL give it to me the question