Any drama happened in your guild yet?

We lost out guild leader after some drama participants refused to talk about it, we only know that it’s quel’serrar book related

He just deleted discord, took bank, appointed random person as GM and left guild. Hilarious.

Although we still did molten core, even finally got 40 60s for first time

2 Likes

Lol, every guild always has drama.

5 Likes

no but i dare someone to post drama deeper than what happened to my guild.

the following is an excerpt from wowwiki’s dragonblight entry

• Back in the early days of the game, an infamous Alliance Paladin named Mauriac was known for creating cliques within whichever guild he currently inhabited, and getting uncomfortably close to any and all females within the guild for nefarious purposes. He went so far as to post pictures far too inappropriate for any forum on a guild website, which migrated to the realm forums, much to the delight of Dragonblight’s troll population. He would steal from guild banks and disappear without a trace, but eventually fell off the radar when a guild he was in fell apart and reformed without him during an AQ40 raid.

• Fast forward a year or so, and a Horde Paladin named Alleyra appears, generally being competent but rude, which were characteristics of Mauriac (See Above). It is later found to be the one and only Mauriac himself, after several investigations of actual repute were done. In fact, they revealed through corresponding with a journalist in Alleyra’s part of the world that he was supposed to fund prizes for a breast cancer charity in real life, but instead took the money he was paid for the charity and ran without delivering on his end of the bargain, letting his partner take the fall. Any and all posts on the realm forums regarding the matter were deleted within minutes, but the now defunct unofficial realm forums at “dramablight” were alight with glee at this new development. The top Horde guild on the server, The OCK, who currently harbored Alleyra, stayed silent on the subject for some time, until they finally showed their true colors in this thread: “link removed” . Needless to say, about a month after the thread stopped receiving reply after reply, several OCK members faction transferred and joined top end Alliance guilds. Though nothing is certain since they’ve been more quiet than the post Holocaust Gestapo, it is rumored that these players left because Alleyra used what clout he had to weasel his way into getting the guild Shadowmourne.

sorry for the wall, but my guild was the horde guild this guy inflitrated.

5 Likes

There was some juicy drama over the first azuresong mage blade drop 2weeka ago. No one left, and it sparked a healthy discussion about how to handle loot going forward

1 Like

Can’t have guild drama if you don’t join a guild. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yup lol.

For reference: this is on my 55 main and not item related.

I helped form a guild about a week after launch, guild leader and I were friends at the time, for like a year before classic WoW, he knew I was casual as I have a full time job, wife, kid, etc., and he is an alcoholic with no job…lives with parents…whatever…never judged him nor said a word til this situation. He actually took the guild lead role because of this, or I would have (probably should have). I also like to joke around in chat with people (not about life situations like the GM’s, just random things).

Over time, the guild leader came to resent me I’m guessing because of my real life and my joking around? IDK. Came to a head the other night and had to leave guild because he began aggressively messaging me and lectured me for over an hour regarding how terrible I am personally and how I shouldn’t be using substances myself and if I want to be in the guild I need to take it seriously, that everything is a casual joke to me, and throughout insulted me with several names I cannot say here.

There’s a way to go about these conversations with members you think aren’t going to take it seriously (I don’t seriously game, I’m a filthy casual, I Pug dungeons, I sit and listen to music and grind/not interacting with guildies, etc), or aren’t playing the right spec for the raid, aren’t being good about threat or dps, or even just because they are new and don’t understand the fundamental mechanics of the game, etc, etc and there’s a completely wrong way to do it.

Insulting and attacking people is not the right way to do it.

Obviously I left the guild because personally attacking someone over a video game? That we don’t have similar playstyles? Ridiculous. But I spoke with some of the guildies last night and this morning though and we’re going to roll the opposite faction on a new server 'cause they’re also fed up with the leader’s fickleness, so I guess a win to poach a few? Lol

1 Like

I logged in and the guild had disbanded.

That was quick

13 Likes

This happened in retail during MoP buttttt anyway -

Our guild had a guild website, of which our GM would post IRL pics along with the rest of us. She was always really hyper in chat but never, ever, ever got into voicechat. Always made the excuse her mic was broken.

So, I did some digging and found out that she was actually a he. Confronted him about it, no reason to lie, etc., but instead of discussing it, he just logged off. Later that night he logged back in, gave random Guild leader and /gquit. We were all like wtf.

Fast forward about a year or so, I’m leveling, I think it was in WoD, the Nagrand zone. There’s a Tauren paladin leveling in the same area with a name that looks familiar. So I message them on the off chance it’s my old GM, and sure enough, it was.

She confessed to lieing about who she was, using fake pics, etc. But thanked me for calling her out because that’s what she needed in order to begin her transition. She stopped playing not long after that because as she said, she didn’t need that social escape any more.

Good for her.

11 Likes

Drama woulda been more fun. I had to leave my last guild cause it just seemed to be a collection of people soloing and not playing with each other. The GM and Officers hadn’t been online in 3 weeks so it seemed a good time to leave.

3 Likes

Why would anyone want to? What is the point of these types of posts apart from simply to trash some characters when there’s no expectation of their giving their side of the story (which of course isn’t allowed on these forums)?

These are simply another form of troll posts.

1 Like

I think we have had someone g quit every week because they didn’t get a raid spot for MC immediately, also had somene make a reddit post about the guild, but im not going to get into that

1 Like

why do people watch the jerry springer show? to some people drama is entertainment.

2 Likes

Besides a few people leaving as they were somehow expecting to get fed all the gear first just because they rushed maxed level, everything else has been very mild in my guild, which is almost a miracle in a 300+ active players guild.

I logged on and appearantly, the night before, the 58-60s were in BRS and someone (GM?) deleted the Discord channel that they were using to mess with them(?) and then all the lvl 50+ people dropped the guild, so they lost like 50 people that night? The guild is basically dead now… So Im looking for a new one on Mankrik (H)

Guild was

3 Likes

Game is still in the “new game” guild stages. The 1000’s of guilds just inviting everyone they could find so they can go on to GLORY! The vast majority of these guilds will fall apart, as players get to 60 and start running with other level 60s. I would say in a few months you will have your handful of “core” guilds that are secure and progressing through content on each server.

1 Like

Our guild hasn’t had any fights. We have had people leave quietly but never any fights over anything. call it lucky i guess

Yeah, there’s drama in every guild. You can’t please everyone.

Just because you’re a casual who levels poorly doesn’t mean this game doesn’t have guilds who gave been clearing all content for over a month.

Asked in my guild why people always say “DIng” and what reason do they have to do so (I know that DIng represents level up, I just wanted to understand… well more like shove them into their faces that their “ding” is no more than a demand for pat on the back for nothing valuable achieved, since they are using it for every level after 10, which is completely useless).
Answers were very expected.
Few people immediately started rudely making me quit guild (which I did ofc afterwards), few people tried to justify this by “it was in vanilla, chill out” or “it’s cause social hurr durr”, but no one could bring anything rational, so I argued about it a little bit more and left guild wishing them good luck with that attitude.

Yeah, I’m weird. And antisocial. But I hate stupid unnecessary stuff like these “DINGS” when you did nothing but gain 1 level and now 15 or 27. I would understand the 60, since it is a milestone, but what information do I get when 20 level dinging in my chat logs and if there are a lot of people they just dinging and patting each other on the back with grazes every several minutes, which gets obnoxious very fast.

5 Likes

If you know you have social problems (and you do), why would you inflict yourself on other people in a social scenario? Doesn’t seem very rational.

8 Likes