Any 70+ Year Olds?

Born in '47 … 1947 (my youngest keeps telling people it was 1847). 73 this coming October.

14 Likes

66 here. Been playing since 2008.

Some of us wrote the technology. :wink:

8 Likes

That’s not condescending or anything… :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m 42. If I can get another 30+ years of gaming…
Well I don’t know but it sounds Fng great.

5 Likes

Cool! I totally want to be playing video games and enjoy life at 78 like you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am 30, both my parents are in there 50’s and even as a kid if I tried to get them to play video games with me they basically laughed me away.

Man did I grow up in the wrong house.

LMFAO What? He didn’t say he was losing his marbles. This may surprise some, but being in your 70s doesn’t automatically mean you have the memory of a goldfish.

4 Likes

This is so cute. I play with my husband and I hope we are still doing things like this in our future.

Theres alot of studies that show playing games like sudoku etc are beneficial to your memory, considering wow is 100 fold more mentally stimulating then sudoku this dude is probably an elephant.

1 Like

i feel somewhat baited lol its wrong to think u need to be old to lose ur marbles.

1 Like

whats even more stimulating is debatable

1 Like

I was going through this thread and got a pop-up that said “you only have a few more likes to give”.

SCREW that system. You all deserve recognition for being part of our community and adding your life experience, gaming knowledge, and just overall presence to our lives. Thank you so much for being a part of our lives for a few hours each week. Your input is invaluable and your contribution is always welcome and a needed addition to the world. I hope I get to meet some of you in game.

1 Like

Yes I know that’s true because my grandfather just turned 90 this year. He is still very quick witted, has a great memory and still independent. He doesn’t play WoW but he does do crosswords etc. He also likes to build things, so that keeps his mind sharp.

If anything Vanilla probably feels like it was just 6-12 months ago.

2 Likes

You should name your character RetiredInDiapers and be the world first 60 :smiley:

Haha sorry I dont mean to be mean I just thought it was too funny not to share.

It’s called a joke. Might want to lighten up a bit.

I love this thread!! Rock on guys!!:metal::metal: If anyone of you are on Stalagg Horde side I hope I run into you!! Rejuvenate Druid Is the name!!

Another one. Some of you guys are something else blowing everything out of proportion. It wasn’t said to be offensive but as something that would actually be a positive for a 15 year old game that many state we just want to play for nostalgia, as you’d get to experience everything for the first time(2nd time around)But some of you seem to take things way to seriously, and make a mountain out of a mole hill. /sarcasm Probably why we have safety labels on everything these days ranging from hot coffee to how to hold a chainsaw. /sarcasmoff (by the way you probably shouldn’t hold the chain on that chainsaw - wouldn’t want you doing something stupid)

1 Like

Keyboard/mouse use helps keep joints from seizing up (my experience). I have pain from time-to-time in nearly every joint in my body … except my wrists and hands. Before WoW went “so simple a caveman can do it,” the mental acuity of constant threat assessment and decision-making kept the brain cells alive and functioning.

Looking forward to returning to those days of yesteryear as therapy.

1 Like

As I grow older and the last of my kids leave the house, that will be a most glorious day.

I’ll never have to wear pants while gaming again. Boxers will be standard attire, perhaps I’ll just freeball if I feel like it.