@anti twink community

Just like Asmongold said “people who twink aren’t good enough to play at the higher levels”

It’s like someone bragging about being the best Triple A player in baseball.

Talk to me when you put up numbers in the Big show.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the complaints about queues taking forever to pop

pinches cheeks

You truly have not experienced WOW until you have been 1 shotted by a lvl 29 warrior .

1 Like

You’re taking gaming advice from an entertainer who does not know enough about Classic WoW to have an opinion. What does that say about you?

Perhaps it would be better if you formed your own opinion on things.

7 Likes

His source definitely is questionable but I do think he’s onto something. Most twinks, because they play in lower level brackets don’t have access to all the tech/abilities/items that max levels do, which does impact the complexity of fights. Which ultimately makes twinking a plain slugging match of whoever has the best gear wins, granted that is most of wow AND also half the point of twinking I do think it’s dafe to say that players who primarily play twinks won’t perform well anywhere else.

I honestly don’t mind twinks at all in Classic. I just hate them in modern WoW.

In Classic they’re fine because for the most part if you’re not questing, you’re not leveling, which makes it more reasonable to gear up and chill in a bracket for a while without going whole hog on twinking and dumping obscene amounts of gold.

In modern WoW they suck because sneezing gives you XP and you’re never going to be geared comparably to a twink unless you make a concerted effort to stop leveling and essentially become a twink yourself.

Basically in Classic, semi-twinking just kinda happens anyway if you spend any time in a particular bracket. In modern WoW, you’re fighting the entire game just to not be chain-curbstomped by twinks each battleground.

When xp-off queues were added to bgs the twink community died. Needing an unfair advantage to win or have fun in PvP is pathetic.

1 Like

I level’d back in the day turning in BG marks. Was slow af. Think it was like 100days /played to go from lvl 15 to 55. I couln’t do it for the last 5 levels to 60. I pve’d them in like 2 days /played.

Pretty much all I did was BG and gurubashi arena.

3 Likes

People getting mad at twinks makes no sense. I mean, if you want to race your mini van, go for it, but don’t get mad when you get beat my a maxed out corvette. A twink is just a vehicle with some time and investment put into it, and battlegrounds are a competition!

4 Likes

Same. In 2006ish, I spent 3 months at level 39. I was so close to ding, I couldn’t leave IF, because if I discovered anything, I would level.

I leveled 40->41 on marks alone when my guild left the 39 bracket.

And when we were all playing a BG, we knew we were OP. If we were playing a pickup, a lot of us went naked.

I had an absolute blast doing it. But whatever.

Oh, it had nothing to do with the no exp que being bugged for almost a year after they added exp to BGs then?

Nope, couldn’t have been the hours of waiting when there were full groups on both sides ready to go into the BG waiting for a que that would never pop. Couldn’t have been that (the twink community tested it, it was bugged).

By the time they fixed it most twinks just gave up because waiting 5 hours in a que multiple times for it to never pop because of a bug made it not worth waiting and they just played in the exp que until they outleveledd their gear to much.

Twinking didn’t die because of exp in Bags it died because the no exp que was bugged for a very long time and twinks gave up on waiting for it to be fixed.

5 Likes

If you are Anti Twink you are Anti WoW. Period.

1 Like

While that is very true for Modern WoW to a degree, it’s very different in Classic WoW.

I do agree that what he said is more or less true for the 19 bracket and only partly true for the 29 bracket; that claim is false for 39, 49, and 59 PVP brackets where gear is ultra accessible.

competition is competition no matter what you do, and the longer a bracket exists the higher the level of competition; this is just the nature of things.

1 Like

OMG, why do you have to ruin my fun! Its coincidental that you happen to be on this thread with your exceptional knowledge of twinking, coincidences, and irony.
REEEEEE

my fun is ruined :sob:

I shall see you there Good Sir!
also at,
as i twink and lvl my second or third toon, and then do it all over again and, decide wich bracket i like per class =)

MWahahaha twink life.

According to LAMEST anyway haha

I’ll probably remake my 29 twink tank paladin. Of all the twinks I’ve played it was by far the funniest and most fun. Wasn’t usually the top of the damage chart, but I would go stand on the middle point in AB and never give it up. Most games I didn’t die once, so it was action packed battling the entire game. Nothing quite like other twinks not being able to kill you. Made sure to post on him so y’all could see the build. It’s mostly right, but game changes might have edited my gear some. Pretty sure I had two twinkets and a different chestpiece.

1 Like

I personally don’t twink characters, BUT I do like making gold from twink players. I’ll charge them a couple of gold to run them through a dungeon and they keep all the loot.

1 Like

Well you can’t be anti twink if all the twinks are on your side and none on the other.

You can still twink with the levellers in retail. But you will eventually ding, you can’t do the pre xp thing and stay forever.

I prefer it the way it became, not the way it was. You cannot camp your gore soaked overpoweredness for ever.
And the minutae of self determined min-maxing is very entertaining.

Though that race against the rested bonus is annoying.

Vanilla (no xp) twinking creates solid barriers to randoms.

XP off (and then on for bg’s) creates porus barriers.