Anti GDKP crowd doesn't care about gold buying

apparently it is enough because it was banned.

Era does need fresh. But the economy and community in era is unfriendly to anyone without gold because of GDKP.

Your arguement makes no sense. GDKP was still around when tbc released. GDKP didn’t keep the community alive and kicking then and all it’s doing now is putting in a “pay to play” wall for raiding. I get some of y’all love to benefit from people buying gold. But that doesn’t mean the community or the game should cater to you.

2 Likes

So why are bots and RMT more rampant than ever before?

Even if they did use GDKP for this it doesn’t justify removing it. You just dont like gdkp and so you support throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I heard criminals use restaurants to launder money. Does that justify banning restaurants? That’s the same bad faith argument.

3 Likes

From my experience, they aren’t. Are you using data to back this up or just your own experience and feelings? Ill gladly look at data and discuss it, but if this is feelings vs feelings its pointless.

Apples to oranges comparison. Wow gold is in a virtual space and can have every action tracked. The restraunt industries are not able to be tracked for every penny that enters, every micro gram of products sold, etc. There are many differences that make it not comparable.

It does when blizzard has the data to know it was the major cause of a lot of the dirty gold being distributed into the playerbase. And seeing it is in a virtual space where everything is trackable, they do have that data.

2 Likes

We must ban food immediately! I won’t be happy until everyone is starving.

-An anti-GDKPer, probably

1 Like

Yes, and when TBC came out everyone switched to TBC. The only reason they returned is because GDKP as a loot system adds longevity to the otherwise dead raiding scene. In other words, GDKP is a superior loot system and the reason folks are still enjoying era servers, in communities that are stronger than SoD.

And yet feelings are why we have this cringe policy in the first place

Great, so if it is so different then we can target the bots and RMT directly. That’s been my claim from day 1.

You keep making this claim. If “they have the data” then delete the dirty gold from the game immediately upon detection, why track it to GDKP and action them but not the illicit activity? You clearly are just making things up.

1 Like

Ive done it 2x. This character is one of them. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Folks used to do it to help guildies get geared. Communities outgrew that. It is almost cliché but the lack of connection causes people within a society to behave like turds. GDKP is a byproduct of Turdism…

And don’t take this personal. There are a dozen other posters who are cynical products of a crowded community. I just picked yours at random.

GDKP is part of the decadence of society. Folks have been talking about it since like the early 1800s. Not a troll. Just a person shaking the turds out of YA! Wake up!!!

:face_with_monocle:

humans do better in villages than cities

We are the victims of our species success

Cool, so unban it because there is no remaining argument supporting the ban. What you think of society is irrelevant.

2 Likes

You want to continue being a domesticated animal…

You are trained well.

:dog2: :cow2: :sheep: :goat: :duck: :black_cat: :man_technologist: :cow2: :poodle: :sheep:

I have made millions of gold in Wrath from GDKP from idiots who swipe their cards to bid on Invincible.

I participate in the loot system cause it’s allowed, despite that I don’t like that it does to the player-base. Similar to the rich who pay less in taxes cause there are deductions that exist that they manage to get. I don’t blame, them for doing it, I blame the system.

So as an avid participant in GDKP, the system is still bad for the game. Stop beating this dead horse.

2 Likes

It’s common sense.

If people didn’t care about breaking TOS when gdkps were in your think they care now that it’s gone?

People who bought gold are still buying gold because there’s still a massive need for gold.

400g enchants.

I play a rogue and I have over 5,000 gold in BIS boe items on the AH.

Raid consumes.

They are buying gold for the exact same thing they bought gold before the ban.

But now the people who used to farm gold via gdkps can no longer do it, did some of them start farming? Or did some of them start swiping?

I’d be willing to bet rmt is actually up and not down because it’s common sense.

5 Likes

We are no better than Pavlov’s dog.

I am a simple creature as well. I need a spanking to see my mistake. Otherwise I continue to pee on the carpet

This take is so brain dead and immature.

You guys just jealous.

Nobody cares about you, we only care that your selfish, shortsighted, anti mmorpg attitude brings in gold farming bots and gold selling websites.

It makes the game legit trashy. I dont want random in game mail with some dude telling me about a great deal this weekend for gold.

You grown men doing this are such losers its appaling. Get a life seriously, you have a problem, you are sick and need help.

Stoping buying gold! If you do not have time to invest in this genre of game, you need to quit.

6 Likes

:point_up_2: This is the passion we need.

so true op

They need a spanking. None of this time out garbage. A real swat in the behind. Some of y’all are not familiar with the effect. Ask that kit from Singapore. He still can’t sit. :wink:

Blizzard needs give RMTers the Michael Fay treatment

I think we all agree, no matter which side of gdkp you’re on.

Perma ban rmt first offense.

This has always been my solution.

3 Likes

Such a dumb take.

You do know gdkps run the same raids you do right, same mechanics and same loot rng?

Also you make it sound like a loot system is inherently bad, you seem to think pro gdkp players are somehow pro rmt players and that’s just not true.

Blizzard removed the best pug loot system because they wanted to automate bans and spend less resources on combating rmt.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Blizz isn’t going to reinstate GDKPs in SoD.

I’m pretty okay with that.

1 Like

This version is dying.

I’m pretty ok with that.

1 Like