anti-Dual Spec people are a tiny minority of Classic players

Despite the perceived persistent panicing of plenty of people promptly posting and protesting against pro-dual spec posts, almost all forms of proven evidence such as Polls, Surveys and other statistics published have shown that a vast majority of players are Pro Dual Spec.

Thus the community has shown by overwhelming majority to be for dual spec, despite posts providing and picturing doubt that it the issue is far more mixed or 50/50, which evidence has shown that to be not even close to the truth.

Dual Spec is by far the most popular idea and change for TBC classic, and I hope Blizzard adds it in sooner rather than later.

Save the game, Blizz. We need Dual Spec.

Edit: I changed my mind, I’m not too sure Dual Spec is good for the game. I can’t delete this thread so I will leave a link to my updated thread.

Here’s a link to my new thread exploring the negative effects of dual spec in tbc.

12 Likes

While I don’t care to fight about dual spec anymore, this was a nice use of alliteration.

7 Likes

Yup!

2 Likes

For every 1 person against dual spec there’s probably 1,000+ that would welcome it.

“I love when people just make up statistics to support getting what they want. See, everyone agrees with me! I should start doing that.”
-I don’t love when people quote me then type pointless drivel in response. You can stop doing that.

10 Likes

I’m for dual spec.

That means everyone is for it.

I’m never wrong.

7 Likes

How to make a Lemon post

1. Find subject most agree on
  2. Make topic saying exact opposite
  3. Argue with people who bite
  4. repeat on another topic next day

Dont bite people. Lets talk about more important things like is a Swiss rolll a chocolate burrito?

18 Likes

Petitioning for Dual Spec is actually a very popular idea and it’s been said and promoted by lots of people on this forum.

Either this is your first day on discussion board or you’re intentionally lying because you happen to disagree with some of my threads. Seriously, how could you say something that dumb? It boggles the mind.

2 Likes

I think it is a burrito. Yes its chocolate, but the roll screams burrito

7 Likes

The only people I’ve ever run into that are against dual specc being in TBCC are on the forums. :woman_shrugging:

Everyone else is either happily for the idea, or indifferent from my personal experience.

Alot of people try to make up draw backs to dual specc, but all of the fake drawbacks are just that. Fake.

I personally hope we get to see Dual Specc in TBCC

4 Likes

You forgot the most important part of the formula - make the entire argument hinge upon a data point that cannot be proven, and attempt to pass it off as “common knowledge”.

4 Likes

OP is a troll but dual spec is definitely a good thing and should be added into tbc. They won’t do it though. Bobby is too busy cleaning out his desks and counting his microsoft dollars he’s about to get for his severance package to care.

4 Likes

I could say the same for people who support Dual Spec.

Lots of things get argued on these forums to which most in-game players seem either ambivalent or oblivious.

2 Likes

If one doesn’t ask a question one won’t get an answer. I mention adding dual spec occasionally in guild and in lfg. I never debate anything in game but I do ask. Never has anyone ever said they don’t think it should be added and some people always say they’d like it added too. By way of comparison I also sometimes mention adding the lfd. When I do some will say they don’t want it added and some will say they do.

1 Like

I’m only stating that if Nyaria is gauging support for dual spec on the rate at which people in-game oppose it, they are neglecting the base rate at which the vast majority of players don’t talk about dual spec at all and just get on with their game time.

It’s a cute anecdote but not a solid foundation upon which to build an argument, and has absolutely zero bearing in supporting their next statement that opposition arguments to dual spec are “fake”.

2 Likes

/shrug whatever. I’ve considered every argument that those against dual spec have made and I consider all of them to be bullsht except the argument that it could be abused in raids. While I think the level of abuse is greatly exaggerated by them many of us in favor of adding it have agreed it’s possible and have suggested only changing specs in a major city and putting it on a cool down.

Most people who are against dual spec don’t even have an anecdote since they never attempt to get information about how people in game feel about it. I think that’s because most everyone knows it would be supported by the vast majority of players.

1 Like

And you’re welcome to your opinion but that doesn’t make those counterarguments objectively wrong.

As always, I’m mostly just here to correct the record when people start making specious arguments.

Like Nyaria’s, which was seriously flawed. And Lemonfont, who has zero data to support their quantitative argument.

1 Like

Virtually nothing discussed here has an objective argument. Even those topics that could be objectively decided can’t because only blizzard has the data to objectively decide. People who claim to be objective always seem to only point out the lack of objectivity on one side. So despite their claims to the contrary it’s usually not to hard to see what side they’re really on.

1 Like

Except that many posts advocating Dual Spec make claims to objective superiority. Case in point in this thread.

Make no mistake: although I’m personally not a fan of dual spec, I still cringe and correct where possible when I see a detractor posting specious arguments. It doesn’t do the dialogue any favours.

I’ve honestly come around to the idea of unlimited free respecs, though. I think it might have the benefit of encouraging people to bust meta specs and try their own styles.

Or making the penalty for respecs even higher still. Either or would be appropriate.

1 Like

Out of context quote. In the previous sentence to that one Nyaria makes it clear his post is an opinion based on his personal experience.

I find your claim that many posts advocating dual spec make claims to objective superiority to be based on specious reasoning, the type of thing you claim to only be here to point out.

1 Like

No, they didn’t. You are quoting the post out of context.

The claim about drawbacks being “fake” was completely unrelated to their personal experience disclaimer. But I’ll gladly find a dozen more like it if you want to harp on that one data point.

2 Likes