Another WoW Killer Falls. And One Overtakes WoW with Good Game Design And Thoughtful Developers

So New World has close to tanked already. The population is abysmal, there are still a litany of bugs. Every time they fix one, another pops up. The economy is in shambles. And there is little to no content. Large Scale PvP still doesnt work. Many say it was released a year too early.

So another WoW killer put to pasture.

But look at FF. With a clear game vision. Passionate developers. A Passionate Lead Developer, and from what I can see, the team really cares about the fans and players. They kept their integrity and vision, and ultimately through progress have made an amazing game which has equaled and in many ways surpassed the leader in the genre.

Mind you I hope WoW can climb to the top. As it is still my preferred game. FF does a great job, but I just enjoy the gameplay of WoW more right now.

38 Likes

Cool.

5 Likes

New World seemed so excited about their game shop.

:confused:

3 Likes

My fingers are crossed for Swtor making a come back.

New expansion lets you swap your classes.

And lets you play as a Jedi Sith or Sith Jedi (with the relevant light or dark side affiliation)

10 Likes

No, sorry.

FF14 is as boring to play as it is to watch someone play. Sitting there for 30m while a bunch of npcs blah blah blah.

It will never hit WOW numbers in actual subs/sales or twitch viewership.

38 Likes

No one ever cared about new world

3 Likes

Watching FF14 is indeed more boring than playing it, and playing it is VERY BORING!

9 Likes

Only thing wow gets wrong is it’s systems and lack of player respect.

To fix these things, lead devs need replaced.

32 Likes

You take that back, Abominable did!

I wonder if he will return now?

2 Likes

All I can say is Amazon, haha

5 Likes

not to be THAT guy but SE isn’t squeaky clean either.

6 Likes

Wow been killed and lott wow players i play with laff at wow with no storey . The giant sword quest from the sky taken from fx14 .fx14 has a storey and real devs and real transmogs that look real wow 1s look like a kid made it with a coloring book

2 Likes

I had a short argument on the Emerald Dream forum about this very same topic. I was shocked that there’s still one person out there who isn’t aware of how bad New World is.

Countless bugs, bad end game, and terrible combat. It’s a sad game, which only held ground as long as it did, because of the ‘‘we’re going to show Blizzard’’ crowd.

Avoid New World at all costs, friends.

8 Likes

Waiting for next expansion, as an altaholic I don’t want to level anymore characters in this current content. I only did 6 out of 48 with Shadowlands, no interest to do anymore. Right now I’m playing Elder Scrolls Online for casual play and the companion pets I can dress up.

3 Likes

You pretty much described Shadowlands to date… lol

6 Likes

Let’s be real though, outside of two people here only NW drank their own koolaid. They didn’t end up fixing the core problems.

It’s nutty how much they talked about WoW there anyway.

1 Like

Arebyou celebrate’s belf?

6 Likes

With the way you spell it’s no wonder you think wow has no story to it lol.

5 Likes

Game clearly has issues. It’s a wonder it’s even functional right now, let alone producing game updates. Gameplay is fun though.

However, population wise I actually think it’s pretty “Okay”. Having over 100k players daily isn’t by any means small.

Though it certainly would be fantastic to have over half a million playing your game daily.

1 Like

So it’s Old World now?

No.

4 Likes