Another Wild God bites the dust (Ardenweald Spoilers)

(Commentary): Since always?

(Clarification): The general rule of thumb is any animal based deity is a Wild God. Loa, Ancients, etc…

4 Likes

You saying trolls are animals? Because two of those loa are troll shaped…

And one is not even an animal.

(Clarification): Feel free to check for yourself.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Wild_God#Loa

(Observation): Seems not all Loa are Wild Gods, but all Wild Gods are Loa to the Trolls. Rezan would be a Wild God. Bwonsamdi, perhaps not. Then again, Vol’jin is becoming a Loa by absorbing the essence of a Wild God. What does that make him?

4 Likes

A Varian? …

5 Likes

A lot of the source material (Chronicle) has been deliberately vague on what a loa actually is.

I wonder if they had this in mind at the time. And as ambivalent as I am on Bwonsamdi (naming and patterning a video game character after a real life religious figure is a little ick to me), now I’m wondering where he came from, or if he was always a loa.

2 Likes

That page doesn’t list Rezan as a Wild God. It seems he is just a powerful Dinosaur that became a loa. If every wildgod is revered as a loa, but not every loa is a wildgod, it seems that Rezan status as a Wild God is currently not confirmed.

So he might be a wild god, might not be, for all we know.

(Commentary): Well, he’s in Ardenweald, where Wild Gods go when they die…

I am in Ardenweald too! And Ysera! Same as severall other mortals.
Its not exclusive for wildgods.

(Clarification): Where Wild Gods go to be reborn. Something I believe he was slated for.

And where Loas are made and reborn as well.

Which is what makes them wild gods. :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

I think it might be more simple:

Trolls are naturally stupid. They can’t differentiate subtile differences between immortal beings and thus everything that has more power than them is basically a Loa. No matter their true nature.

You have to think you are looking from the perspective of very simple creatures.
nods and hugs her acorn

2 Likes

I don’t think Undead troll is a wild god. If they are, I don’t have any problem with that. It seems they follow similar rules and are bound to ardenweald, but It seems that Loas are tied to the winter queen, while Wild Gods are more tied to animals, and life, but who knows, maybe they’re the same thing.

They’re the same. For what it’s worth Aessina, who could be… creatively… described as an “undead” Night Elf, is also a Wild God.

6 Likes

Ok, now just watch my remaining sympathy for NE stans go with the wind.
Pooof … and it’s gone.

Well done.

Or simply they want to be more inclusive for spiritual beings. Maybe it’s the nelves that are narrow minded.

It must be very upsetting for you that it’s now “Loa” not “wild god” that is commonly used term in SL.

13 Likes

enrolls a large leaf
There on § 4.1.2 on the NE terms of service: "a NE is required to poke on trolls she or he encounters if not yet been poked on in a signifikant amount.

Of course we’re narrow minded. We’re Nelves. We banned magic for 10k years because we thought it could maybe potentially lure the Legion here.

So you were roleplaying the whole time? Because if yes, then roleplaying forums are elsewhere.

14 Likes

No I really hate trolls.
And Orcs
And Forsakens
And Taurens
And Nightborne
And Bloodelves
And Vuper… no actually Vulpera are cute and fluffy.

So you hate the entire Horde, why?

Points at literally EVERYTHING by now …

1 Like