Another season, another few months of M+ or die

So you want loot for not completing content? M+ you have to at least finish it.

If they was the case why are people still doing it after they cant get an upgrade from it?

I’ve been doing it in about 2ish hours give or take on my alts in pugs and have been for months. I can run maybe 3 dungeons if I have a solid group, 1-2 if im pugging because you have to wait for people.

Well no, If I want to be rewarded for failing I’d run M+ - you can fail to time a M+ run and not only do you still get loot, you also get rewarded with inflated ilvl great vault loot.

Best you can get from a raid is same-level vault slots, and you don’t even get that for failing.

1 Like

I’m down for making raiding like M+. Lets put a timer on it, then if you dont beat the timer you get lower quality loot. You also have to reduce the ilvl of raid loot and inflate the level in the box and you can only get 1 item from that every week. They would also need to inflate the raid loot pool to throw in a magnitude of useless gear.

They really need to start auto-locking threads after 30 days of no replies.

This thread isn’t even that old.

1 Like

They couldn’t inflate the raid pool any more than it is. It’s already mostly useless loot (compared to what you can get from M+) outside the odd rare trinket etc that never drops.

Raid loot ilvl is already much lower than equivalent difficulty M+. Heroic loot is already obsoleted by M+ loot - my raid group is 90% geared out of M+ with items higher ilvl than the raid.

1 Like

it’s not that the vault loot is inflated, it’s that the EOD ilvl is deflated because there’s no lockout.

You’re arguing into the void here mate. There is a huge survivorship bias on these forums when it comes to M+.

M+ is a cash cow for Blizzard. They make a ton of money of tokens from people selling carries, and it keeps the small amount of players left in the game busy running a small amount of content, which lets the devs of the hook from making actual new content.

Look at the quality of the world content, it is utter garbage. The team feels like they’re on life support when it comes to getting new content out.

Also, if M+ was so popular, then why isn’t Blizzard just dumping way more resources into making more dungeons?

The Blizzard we loved is dead, all that is left is a bunch of passionless drones that are making a product to extort as much money out of the remaining player base.

If a thread is still relevant, why does time frame matter?

If there was an outstanding problem in the game that was discovered in Cata… and it wasn’t fixed… why make a new thread?

Bumping the old one actually highlights HOW LONG the problem has been going on.

And it should be no surprise why I use this analogy, sorry to say.

Regardless of anything, 1 month is a meaningless frame of reference to something being “too old to discuss.” Six months, MAYBE. It depends on the topic.

2 Likes

Last reply was 4 months ago. :person_gesturing_no:

This thread I made 5 years ago still gets random comments popping up every few months. It’s also still as relevant now as it was in 2018: Bring back 5mans

2 Likes

if nascar is so popular, why aren’t they building lots of new tracks?

same answer: because they don’t need to.

You must be physiologically different from normal human beings.

2 Likes

I truly get what you’re saying… but this is ridiculously poor analogy. lol

Building a track involves a HUGE amount of land. And in 2023, do you have ANY IDEA what goes in to land development? Studies, environmental impact, water usage, wildlife effect, etc etc etc etc…

Any one of these would be TENS, if not, HUNDREDS of millions of dollars.

That’s probably the budget for any whole expansion at this point.

But under it all, I get what you’re saying-- and you’re not wrong.

1 Like

if it weren’t for ridiculously poor analogies, GD wouldn’t have any analogies at all :angel:

1 Like

EOD loot at +20 drops mid heroic ilvl. +20 is 100x harder than anything in heroic. Also, 90% of m+ gear is garbage. You have to be able to spam it to even have a chance at getting anything decent.

95% of heroic raid gear is garbage.

You get 1 chance per boss to never see the item you want drop, and to fight for it among 10-30 other people every 7 days with the raid. Can’t spam it at all.

Usually, trinkets from raid are much more powerful than anything out of mythic plus with rare exception. (2) Tier set pieces (5). Weapons (1-2) and rings are usually good (2). Thats 10-11 pieces out of raid that are pretty much guaranteed to be bis. You get tier before people who just m+. Are you complaining that people waste their time spamming m+ for belts, bracers and cloaks?