Another day another hint of us heading to the"other side"/Avalaron

That was on a wooden galleon, right? It took months to cross the Atlantic on those.

1 Like

When dragonflight was being reveled the devs talked a lot about high fantasy.

The behind Azeroth isn’t really as lazy as you’re painting it out when we haven’t seen any of the boat/ship load go across the opposite side of the map

1 Like

Rule 1 of World of Warcraft: Never, never trust globes as being an accurate representation of the world, even if it’s supposed to be the planet.

At best, they will only ever show what currently exists in the game (at least, what our characters can currently interact with). At worst, you get things like the Azeroth-from-space view where the northern section of the Eastern Kingdoms apparently stopped existing at some point.

note the entirety of Quel’thalas being missing above the Plaguelands here

1 Like

Yeah and even in MoP it took i think 6 or 4 months for the rest of the Alliance to arrive at pandaria. The world is massive, who knows how long it takes to travel from EK to Kalimdor much less going"behind" way especially when you hear people getting lost forever

1 Like

Where did I say anything about this?

You seem to be making up a lot of things that don’t exist.

1 Like

Oh, I meant rescue missions for the location to be plot relevant. :robot::sweat_drops:

…though I have to wonder if the Emerald Dream (Shaladrassil, Drust, Night Fae, Amirdrassil) has been squeezed too often to be exciting for an expansion. :memo::robot:

1 Like

I would expect Emerald Dream to be huge. Isn’t it like a failed Azeroth or a mirror world? They’d have to be the same size, but yeah, rather than a full expansion with some really trippy content, they’ve just had us raid there. I really wanted to see some MC Escher type zones–they could’ve literally done anything with a fantasy dream world.

1 Like

we’ve had globes in the game since wrath, they aren’t accurate and are just for visual decoration. Including the azeroth we see from space.

you can also go to the vindicaar and you wont be able to see the dragon isles (or at least couldn’t during legion, not sure if they’ve updated the azeroth model since the launch of DF)

anyway, we’ve known something was over there for a long long time now, supposedly ships that sailed east from the EK or west from kalimdor never came back, so clearly something is happening to them.

If it helps think of it this way, in game goldshire is what, 3 buildings? while in universe it has a population of several thousand, what’s shown in game isn’t always accurate to what’s in the story.

1 Like

I think we encounter those moments with the Emerald Nightmare though I suppose that depends on the depth you reach such as a twisted version of the Moonglade or tormenting people like Jania with llusions. :robot::magic_wand: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Probably a case of “You can enter, but the storms will stop you from leaving.”

That is, of course, until players get there and magically portals to Stormwind and Orgrimmar will exist.

1 Like

I don’t have twitter so can’t view that but it seems Iridikron will be the continued enemy it seems to me at least, we’ll be getting a storm riding gimmick a’la dragon riding… that’ll be the thing the devs work on instead of borrowed power legion mechanic each expansion… and it may be a very exploration based expansion by the looks of it that perhaps utilizes the old world revamped in some way.

1 Like

Jaina; champion, naz’jatar is impossible to leave.
jaina 2 seconds later; here’s a portal to stormwind.

:smile:

2 Likes

Could you imagine the outcry if they did the Earth Defense Force thing and had the plot take precedent over gameplay in that regard?

Granted, EDF usually does it for, like, one or two missions instead of two years, but still…

1 Like

Khadgar: “We destroyed the Dark Portal and we’re stranded on Draenor with no escape!”
Khadgar 2 seconds later: “I can open a portal to Stormwind/Orgrimmar only for a moment to get wood and supplies through.”
Mages 2 seconds later: “Here’s permanent portals to all of your capital cities.”

2 Likes

That patch seemed a little goofy on writing at the time. I recall Sylvanas got Xal’atath and Ashvane just to abandon them and several talented horde soldiers into the pit of Nazjatar. :notebook_with_decorative_cover::robot::question:

1 Like

She was trying to kill Thalyssra and Lor’themar because she believed they were starting an uprising around Baine.

Ironically, her doing this is what caused them to start the uprising.

1 Like

Goofy is an understatement :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but for TOS non breaking reason I can accept that term :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m starting to worry that we’re going to run out of room for new lands on Azeroth.

1 Like

What do you mean?

Azeroth is born, creating a duplicate Azeroth right next to her, ripe for exploration

1 Like

I hope that’s the last time anyone has to endure that horde plot as so many characters say they’ll do or explain something way later. :robot::anger:

I’m sure Outland has room, I even think the Bonechewer Clan is still thriving to make trouble. :bone::robot:

1 Like