Another Community Council invitation is given out!

To be fair, many would parrot their streamers wants and wishes and fail to speak from their own experience. Streamers still make it in to those forums via the players who watch them.

2 Likes

I will just use a cat in front of my face if I have to do that. Heh.

I have met quite a few folks at Blizzard and honestly found them delightful. Would hug again. Most of my contacts are the Community Mangers and the Customer Support Forum folks. Outward facing folks who handle the MVP programs and forum interactions with players. Lovely humans.

I have met many Devs, quest designers, systems designers, Producers, etc. Even Mike Morheim (also a REALLY nice and down to earth person who was genuinely engaged in conversation). I don’t know them outside a one time Blizzcon interaction though.

However, there ARE people who are not so nice - and I was aware of that too. I did not encounter it personally, but that does not mean it was not/is not very very real. I dealt with the same crap as the lawsuit in my career before I retired. I just never worked for Blizz so never saw it from my outside perspective. It helps I am just plain old now, and wise enough to mostly keep my guard up. Bonus that getting old gives you a cloak of invisibility!

I do suspect that they will let us just voice chat if we don’t want to do faces for any interactive sessions we get selected for.

5 Likes

I am a gnome who cares about the game! Please invite :smiley:

I have a bunch of ideas for accessibility like toggles which would let you click anywhere to loot mobs if there are mobs that can be looted within range.

Mirasol is Hazlenutty, confirmed! :scream:

4 Likes

Who is the “correct” person to have on the council? What is the “right” group? Streamers and anyone at the top 20% are out, I guess. Who should they be inviting?

We can always rely on Clark for the cutting edge news. Starting to wonder if he works for the Daily Planet.

2 Likes

Streamers have a large presence already, as pointed out they and the MVPs have a good deal of avenues for conversing with the devs and giving them ideas. Ideally I’d set it up something like this: 20% (1/5th of the 100 something council or maybe 20 folks) as MVPs/streamers, 20% pet battlers, 20% PVPers, 20% raiders, and 20% RPers/open world casuals. That’s everyone represented. How much say they have each above that is hard to balance, since the AOTC/MVP/Streamer crowd is naturally more likely to be heard, but that’s as balanced as I can get it. So about 20 players each.

1 Like

Aotc is casual pve.

1 Like

i agree with many of the posts here. the people we need shaping the future of the game are the ones who barely play at all.

the ret paladins who equipped a single 1h intellect weapon six months ago and haven’t logged in since then.

the hunter who doesn’t summon pets because the noises are annoying.

those are the players who should be shaping the game experience for everyone

3 Likes

Screw a council, give me two years, a budget and complete control over who’s on the team, the content etc. etc.

I’ll return wow to its former glory.

At this rate, this game will never be fixed. Talking about the problems for the next couple of years, to implement a plan in a few more years… WoW will be dead by then

This game has no future and even less of a chance to become better if the developers don’t act like normal people.

Everything what could go wrong just goes wrong.

Who cares? It isn’t gonna change anything.

1 Like

Ummm… no, we don’t. MVPs are forum people. We can only talk to the Community Managers who collect feedback. There is no path to the Devs. I got to meet some at Blizzcon, but I can’t just message one or the group with an idea or complaint.

The MVP program has zero to do with Dev interactions. It is all about interacting with other players on the forums - and we can give feedback to the same CMs that collect it here.

That is a pretty big misunderstanding of the program.

My view remains, they need a broad group of different play styles and interests - all of whom need to be able to communicate clearly - including “negative” comments. Constructive communication is helpful. Ranting is not.

10 Likes

100% agree and hopefully that is not what they’re doing but it seems maybe it is.

Waiting for someone who was a major critic of the game to be invited.

2 Likes

Exactly!

Let’s hope Asmongold gets invited next.

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

nice catering to elitists is gunna fix the game more catering to elitists wil lbring back the ppl who jsut want to have fun back from ffxiv

2 Likes

From the perceived reasons to be on the community council, nothing says those are among them.

To what it stands out, the feature that is most common among the considered invitations has nothing actually to do with how the COMMUNITY perceive the member, which is all but surprising. Even EVE Online Stellar Council is not actually “staffed” by people with that characteristic, albeit they are “voted” to be there.

Again I call it for further on say “I told you so”.

The Council is not a tool to offer a line FROM YOU to THEM, it is a tool to offer a line FROM THEM to YOU, assuming YOU as YOU THE PLAYER.

IT is all fun and games, but when you go to wording and body language, you can see clearly what the standard of choices is made. This is an effort to understand how to TELL YOU they are right. As in assuming the problem you dont find what they do “genius” is because you dont understand why they are “genius” to do it.

It is of course a well known practice, albeit it is frequently efficient in deceive people about its nature, and mimic being its counterpart.

Ask yourself this: Why if it was to get the communication from community to Blizzard, it is not the community that chooses who represents them ?

It is the same pattern in all things:
CCP tells you who you can vote to be there.
IRL “group representatives” are chosen to be either on, or subject to vote, in all sorts of “community representation”, even who represents “YOU” to the media.

Or, to translate in this forum vernacular:
“I called it”

1 Like

Sadly - it DOES look like it will be steamers, MVP’s and high end players.
I am hoping to see at least a FEW regular, “casual” folks on the roster.
People that do not stream.
People that play the game rather than post a lot on the forums.
People that are friendly and helpful in game.
People that like leveling, herbing, archaeology, questing, professions, fishing, etc. Those are all parts of the game, too. Parts that many people love.
I don’t hold out much hope for this “Council”.

6 Likes

so much for them saying they werent going to invite streamers/content creators, because thats not their main playerbase

2 Likes