Another Community Council invitation is given out!

He is no streamer or YouTuber

He is a AOTC hardcore gamer and collector (he have cleared Sanctum of Domination heroic and m+ high timed keys)

The previous two invitations were streamers who also have AOTC

7 Likes

well, guess i’m not so hardcore collector (((

So it’s confirmed they’re inviting streamers? So much for “we’re listening” :laughing:

47 Likes

I would much rather have these people like this guy on Twitter have an invitation than majority of general discussion

That includes mine too if I’m declined, I would rather have my invitation to be given to a streamer or a more hardcore gamer

Blizzard is making the right choices of who to invite

3 Likes

Yeah
 I doubt the WoW general public/casuals will see it that way or share your opinion. No one will take this “council” seriously if it’s just a bunch of streamers and green MVP “yes men” types :yawning_face:

Oh well, it was a good idea “on paper”, it’s a shame

45 Likes

Yeah, because Ahead Of The Curve people are who you want dictating game whimsy for most people right?

Even most raiders don’t earn AOTC, so just following AOTC suggestions would be like taxing everyone based on the 20% richest people in said country, everybody else will probably be starving to death before you hit year two of the tax policy being ratified.

Democracy looks good on paper, but there’s a reason Plato deemed all forms of government (including democracy) doomed to fail.

16 Likes

Agreed. Not good optics for a company who’s taken it hard on the chin lately from their customers. This is just one more example why to distance myself from their products.

16 Likes

agree that some casual pve and pvp players need to be on it

peeps already getting max gear every patch, with solid networks to group with, and who get PAID to do so are not going to have a great view of the ‘big picture’

13 Likes

People with AOTC can be knowledgeable about raiding and casual content because the 2 are not exclusionary, so they can represent the interests of a wide portion of the player base

People who refuse to participate in end game systems can only speak for a limited portion of the game/player base

It makes sense to pick players that are most experienced in multiple types of gameplay

12 Likes

which you will be :smirk:

1 Like

That’s fine

I rather have it be given to someone that plays WoW alot more than I do and appreciates Blizzards content like this guy I linked in my OP

Than given to a doomsayer on general discussion

All the green MVPs should have invitations too they deserve it

2 Likes

Yes Clark, that’s a great point. Don’t let anyone with any modicum of criticism for Blizzard or the game on the council. We need people on there who support everything Blizzard does! That will help the falling subscription numbers and the overall attitude the playerbase has for the game’s current direction!

:neutral_face:

29 Likes

The person is a very small EU streamer who writes guides as well. Has a real day job. Second was his disabled wife who is not a streamer on her own.

Please be kind of careful with the “streamer” thing. People have a pretty big chip against them for good reason. Some of the big outrage click streamers have been bad for gaming overall and already had a means to talk to Devs.

Small folks were not in those programs and don’t make a living off it.

P.S.

I got an invite too. I am:

• Not a streamer
  • Have no public social media
  • Don’t write for Blogs/media/websites
  • Only post on the forums
  • Am Disabled (Autism spectrum disorder, severe sensory/anxiety issues including social, physical issues too)
  • Used to run a guild back in the day and raid but an long retired
  • SUPER casual. I have no raid or dungeon progress in recent memory.
  • Am an MVP for Tech/Customer Support and have been since 2013 across games.
  • Care about accessibility and adaptations for a broader range of gamers, content OUTSIDE raids that is enjoyable and not an afterthought. Quality of support systems in game to give players tools to control their own social experiences better.

I have been very critical of Blizz over the years (and corporations in general. I have been specifically critical of individual decisions made (D:I at Blizzcon 2018 for example) etc. I should not have to “defend” that though. You think people get green for praising Blizz. It happens in my case for supporting other players (something Blizz should do themselves but some of us do it instead).

The difference between most greens of various types and some of the social medial/streamer folks is we can phrase the negative feedback constructively. When you don’t need clicks or views and actually want people to listen, that is the way to go. Nobody wants to hear over exaggerated drama llamas who are looking for e-fame.

Smaller streamers also fall into that category to a degree. They don’t make money off it and have real jobs. They just plain like the game

30 Likes

BUT they do not represent the same people, people can do end game and raid and whatnot and still not be AOTC, they simply don’t represent the mindset of the vast majority of players. Tuning the game for AOTC players would just plain doom most of the player base, the AOTC group usually stays consistent between 10-25% of the player pop, on a good AOTC batch that’s 3/4th of the player base out in the cold.

Considering what we’ve seen of a certain Orc MVP who shall not be named, this is a rather brash and irrational assertion

3 Likes

Mirasol just confirmed they got an invitation

And they deserve it especially how much help mirasol does in the tech support

3 Likes

Okay and? There are some good MVPs, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t screen them like everyone else, especially with the rash of (As pointed out) MVPs losing said status over something they’ve said or done contrary to the opinion on the lawsuit (I cannot say what, for one thing some of it said was graphic, second naming and shaming is against forum policy).

Someone being MVP, AOTC, etc does not make them infallible; nor does it necessarily make them the right representative choice. Judge a person by their words and actions, not some title or other such bureaucratic formality.

5 Likes

We are brand risks :frowning:

A “rash of” implies a lot. In 17 years I can count on my fingers how many were “removed” or even encouraged to step down. One person who may, or may not, have been asked to step down recently is not a “rash”. I don’t know the details. Only that the person is not green anymore. Blizz does not usually discuss that sort of thing publicly.

An application and thorough review of posting history/public comments was required. I assume the same went for our Bnet accounts, achievements, play history, history of infractions, etc. There was no guarantee I would be selected, esp seeing as my interests are more on the CS/Accessibility side and casual side. I don’t know if other MVPs applied or not. It sounds like a lot more “work” than just posting when you feel like it or see something you can help with.

2 Likes

The real question here should be “Where is the duck mount?”

1 Like

Honestly the only part that causes me “unease” is the “face to face zoom meetings”, that’s just a bit more personal info than I care to give anyone, not saying I distrust most people but
yeah I don’t really trust most people.

In fact back when they tried real ID for the forums we saw exactly why such privy info being available would be a terrible terrible idea

2 Likes