Another Community Council invitation is given out!

AOTC is pretty casual. I do it each Tier with a one night a week group.

Aye, apparently I was thinking CE.

A turtle made it to the water!

If not HoF (Hall of Fame) which is the first 100 CEs for each faction.

1 Like

Unfortunately no US roleplayers (not putting down EU or anything). I just hope to see a bigger pool
 I mean 2 roleplayers when everyone else is PvE/PvP, eh
 It’s very disheartening. I was also really hoping to see people actively talking about customization and their ideas being invited too, but I’ve seen no one for pushing what’s been discussed on GD for years on there, which
 yeah. Sigh.

2 Likes

The CC has been active for one day. I’d just give it some time, but I hear what you’re saying. I personally have a literal dozen or more ideas that I’d like to type out and post, I just want to think critically and word them as properly and effectively as possible
one of them being customization, representation, realistic transmog, more character options, maybe even TRP3 or something similar being built in to the game and just requiring a checked box in the interface options. It’s frustrating that there’s no native support whatsoever for RPers. Having a tab at the bottom of the character window when you press C to fill out a little profile about them would be nice too; nice and non-intrusive, while maybe introducing the idea and creativity of roleplay to those that otherwise wouldn’t give it a second glance. Maybe an RP mode toggle that breaks upon entering combat that reduces/removes cooldowns from toys.
I’d also really like a WoW equivalent of FFXIV’s GPose. Narcissus does that, but it’s an external addon and is very fiddly.

If you have any other ideas though I’d love to hear it to add on to my upcoming post :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey, I really appreciate all that you’ve said, and your post made me smile. Thank you for being understanding. It also makes a ton of sense that you’re wanting to think things out quite a bit before posting, I feel the best ideas are really thought out and details.

Yeah honestly? This would be amazing, I am obsessed with the gpose stuff.

So this sounds like an awesome idea, I would love to add one thing to this idea, if possible. There’s been talk of an “Explore” or “roleplay mode” in dungeons, where achievments/treasure/loot in general would be disabled, the instance would be cleared of mobs, and the amount of people able to enter would go up. Say
 a 5-man instance could allow 25, or something. Raids could add 40+ (that all depends on how capable the coding is though, I don’t know anything on that, this is just an idea).

The reason for that suggestion is I do think it would be cool for expanded roleplay settings, there’s so many neat dungeons and such in game that would be awesome as areas to tell some really rich stories.

I’m feeling a little bit better now since clearly you think deeply about these things :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You, I like you

Well: new glyphs that replicate the old school pre-WoD era talents or just bringing back old glyphs, glyphs for pet/summon size like charred glyph but actively available, more transformation toys like the Acolyte one we have from SL going forward and maybe retrofitted into some old expansions for races central to said expansions, WoD and pre-WoD cross armor type transmog brought back as you mentioned, maybe implement some of the old stuff never implemented that was supposed to like garrison customizations and Dragon isles as well as the Emerald Dream expansion zone? More interesting mount/pet designs and past models updated to keep unique effects like Sanguifang and Gorehorn (while we’re at it Gorehorn and rare skins like the Mystic rainbow Runestag would make good challenge pet/mount skins), swappable pet specs back, warlock stable equivalent, Etc

What’s amusing to think about is that about half this stuff they may or may not have in old code storage if they never permanently deleted anything.

Thanks for that. Will have to see how things go. I am really skeptical of the entire program. I really feel that Blizzard doesn’t care about its players anymore. We’re just wallets of cash to them. I understand that businesses need to make money but they take it over the top. I feel that unless you are a top of some ladder or spending thousands of dollars to attend their exclusive conferences, that they simply don’t care about the people.

1 Like

This is nonsense. And leaks are idiocy.
You only hear what Blizzard wants you to hear.
Or no one has noticed that the leaks never touch subjects that they would not want people to know ?
There is no argument in there.

guess i need to farm more to get invired as a collectioner

Being on a council sounds like work. I’m retired and just playing WoW. :carousel_horse: Happy to share ideas in General Discussion however.

1 Like

I:

• Played Blizzard games since 1995 starting with Warcraft and Diablo, have played Overwatch, Diabo 2, Hearthstone and D:Ressurected
  • 30 years experience in customer serivce and problem solving with broken work systems and software
  • Experience as a librarian and researcher
  • Lead a guild, raided, played every expansion and unlocked all but 2 allied races.
    *Dont stream but my pc is in my recording studio at home, headset doesnt have a mic its for in ear mixing of music an goes thru a DI/AI and too complex connections to change headphones.
    Done Beta testing
    Have played doom quake unreal tournament 2000 dungeon master,masters of orion, Raid, BDO, Wildstar, Skyforge, Arch Age, Destiny 2, Ark, Warhammer 40K AD, Guild Wars 2, Civilization , 1-6, DnD, Tera (and the rest I forget)
    I also represent the female gaming community, Im older than most and also have chronic health issues
    I PUT IN AN APPLICATION AND DIDNT EVEN GET A REPLY.

So basically, hardcores are going to advise devs like they did for Shadowlands, and we get another failure of an expac? This game can only survive so many purges of the casual playerbase before it stops being financially viable.

1 Like

The Community Council is a way for Blizzard to justify ignoring feedback from its general forums, social media, and the industry as a whole.

3 Likes

I don’t know if everyone has been invited yet. :yellow_heart: :crossed_fingers:

That sounds like an oxymoron ^^

If they had acutally listened to the feedback of “hardcores”, the expansion wouldnt be in such a lousy state. The whole “meaningful choice” disaster is only targeted at casuals.

1 Like

Agreed, I’ve spoken to a few players I know, we watched the chats with the devs together on discord and none of us feel this ‘council’ represents us (sorry, I didn’t vote for you, who are you, why are you championing #somechanges unprecedented experiments in the replay of an xpac?) and we are all in shock at some of these ideas and decisions coming out for WoTLK; the silent majority of players don’t want changes and are crossing their fingers hoping for #nomorechanges please.

Take the ilvl squish thing, I think Just give all account holders a direct YEA \ NAH vote instead on these big \controversial #somechanges so we can avoid these terrible ideas like ilvl squishing in WoTLK (errr I mean just delay the release of ToC instead, if you want Ulduar relevant for longer, why is it so hard to find simple solutions?)

i do feel the council represents us.

Necroing threads should be a temp ban