Another Community Council invitation is given out!

They do not care. It sounds harsh but the people who truly cared about the community are long gone. Most of the developers, as far as I have been reading them the years, do not give a single dime about us. They care about being in the position and do their thing. They only react because they have to but not because they want to. Well, 90% of the time. The purple elf-eyes were actually a nice gesture but this doesn’t make up all the horrible things they have done to the player base.

We really need a change at the top chain. Hazzikostas and Danuser out and someone in who is “one of us”. Even the new Blizzard Co-leader is a misstep. Selling boosts was one thing - but acting upon the game to talk with the developers only happened after he has been called out by the other former Co-Leader. This are the kind people who enjoy their job more than what they are meant to do.

It’s so sad actually.

1 Like

I hate to break it up to you, but recent twitter posts have been showing that majority of the AOTC, hardcore raiders and endgame mythic plus players are being recruited more than those who care about story/lore/customization and also mild professional toned forum posters. :confused:

2 Likes

I kind of expect that there will be a lot of end game raiders/mythic folks. It would be shocking if there were not seeing as the game is currently designed around those activities.

I will be pleased if we get 25-30% who are not engaged with that content and have other areas of focus. Hopefully that encourages others who have other game interests to speak up, or raiders who like more “casual” aspects of the game to join in the thoughts.

The focus on raiding won’t ever go away, but if the rest of the activities can feel less like an afterthought that would be progress.

So far I see quite a few folks from the EU, some who raid, some who are casual/collectors, some who focus on PvP, etc. I expect even RP folks to join.

They only have a small number of the council folks in so far and if they need more voices, they plan to add them even during the 1 year term.

3 Likes

i think scammers would not thrive much frm anything gaming related

like the most looked up guide is ‘how to tie a tie’ i believe lol

if it’s gaming related they’re more likely to target those who would fall for it like lil kids searching “how to get free robux/vbucks”

which is why i believe every school should add internet safety classes or smth for primary schools
or maybe they already do? i dont have kids so idk

Well there goes my chance. They need at least one crazy forum poster in there

Hi, I’m extremely casual in retail and borderline raidlog in TBCC. I also RP.
Yes, I have a CE under my belt, yes, I used to get AOTCs, but I haven’t prog raided in retail since Uldir.

3 Likes

What is your retail profile? Because keystone master and mythic raiding aren’t casual. To tell you how casual I am…

• I haven’t seen a person from my friend’s list log in in over a year.
  • I haven’t been in a guild since Mists of Pandaria and even that was short lived because I didn’t live up to the progression standards.
  • I prefer raiding with friends for the voice chat. Not really gear.
  • I don’t care about top DPS.
  • I prefer tanking but no groups need tanks these days.
  • I have never done a mythic+ because speed runs turn me off.
  • I have never received “Cutting Edge.” Heck, haven’t entered a raid with a group since Panderia.
  • I was happy with torghast how it was announced. I hate how it was implemented. Even less now that there is a timer on it.
  • I actually want more world quests.
  • I want more stories while leveling.
  • I want fewer portals and lobby game playing.
  • I would like to find a group that likes to “Slow down” but there is no incentive in it.

Here is my profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/wyrmrest-accord/sorelai

1 Like

Like anything good is going to come out of this anyways.

I don’t understand it. Blizzard already has a community to take feedback from.

1 Like

Or as I like to put it " You can lead a person to knowledge but you can’t make them think "

1 Like

Yeah um, didn’t they outright abuse the last one?

This is why there is this divide between “casual” and “hardcore”. KSM can be gotten just by doing 1 M+ a week, and that might be all the person is on for, mythic raiders can raidlog for 1-3 nights a week for 2-3 hours. So content wise? maybe not casual, for time wise? could easily be the peak of casual.

You mean the community that has a few loudmouths that are like Blizzard is bad for x reason and anyone that disagrees with me is a Blizzard white knight/shill" and on the other side “Blizzard did it right and anyone that disagrees with me is just a bad player”?

Clark why have you not entered my FREE Blizz Store mount giveaway!?
:broken_heart:

Which means he only represents the lower % of players.

Until they get feedback from people who do casual content and are not just casual in time spent sense, the game will continue to be imbalanced and skewed towards top end players.

2 Likes

I haven’t read through all of the introductions, but I haven’t seen a roleplayer in there yet…

I don’t have KSM and probably never will. I also want more world quests. One of my biggest gripes is the lack of story while questing. I don’t care about being top dps. My main fulfillment from this game is the friends as well, not the gear. I also want fewer portals and lobbies. I want incentives to take it slow and soak in content as well (ie, making content last longer)

Here’s my profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/altar-of-storms/volteil

No, I’m not ‘as casual’ as you, not that it’s a contest, but we do have a lot of things in common. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m the third introduction on the post, and I am (and state) that I’m an RPer. I do want to see more RPers though.

4 Likes

Glad to know! Make sure you stand up for the community.

1 Like

I mean the one that tests out their game before it comes out and offers good feedback that goes unheard. There are decent discussions that can happen here and I’m sorry you and apparently blizzard don’t believe that’s possible. Or blizzard just doesn’t see it being worth their time. Or maybe making a smaller group of people to communicate with would be an easier job to stick on a couple of employees who probably have all their old responsibilities to get done too. I can’t tell but it all ends up looking like a cheap and controlled way to look like they are doing something to reconnect with the player base.