Another Anti-Premade post

Wintrading the achievement and the legitimacy of achievements is another topic tbh, i’m mostly annoyed with terms like “impossible” or “designed to not be doable” when it’s not true at all. Sure it’s inconvenient and no one wants to spend 1+ year doing something legitimately if there are faster alternatives, but it’s not impossible to get done

Every bg achievement can be done organically and its really frustrating when bad players claim things like “i need comp stomp to get had it all along in AB its impossible otherwise” or “i need to wintrade 9 flag caps in twin peaks its impossible otherwise” because it’s super doable normally and people just need to get good tbh. Bad at recapping flags? Set interact with mouseover to scroll wheel and never lose a flag again. Bad at retaking bases? Stop being a normie waiting for chat calls and open your raid frames so you can start rotating the second you see a debuff appear on the base defender before any calls are even made (and you know who the base defender is because you open your map periodically and know where everyone on your team is at all times)

I’ll agree that specific WG achievement is annoying due to the game aging, but i don’t believe anything is “designed” to require wintrading

I do run with sync-group premades on both sides and also solo-queue on both sides. When you win, both are fun. And even losing, premades are usually fun since they’re competitive. Sounds like a win-win if you’re in a sync-group premade, whether you win or lose.

But I think Blizzard is eventually going to care about it. Getting stomped by an obvious premade is about as no-fun as it gets. The math says most paying customers out there have to be doing solo-queue. As loud as they are on the BG forums they have to be also sending feedback. I predict they will eventually stealth-break it with random queue-delay or some kind of queue shuffle.

And if premades start regularly working together, especially in prime time where solo-queues see it happening, to cheese matches for achievements or whatever I think that’s going to get even more attention.

1 Like

i don’t think its inherently designed to be done a specific way either. i view the achievements more like puzzles to solve, and while many are just tokens of participation, many are puzzles.

if there is an achievement and i think the best way to approach it is to coordinate with both sides, that means i need to make nice with both sides, so that means giving people concessions. you may end up doing an achievement that is doable solo organically with cross faction coordination because its paving the road for doing better achievements down the road which are not as easy.

i see it as if someone can’t do an achievement without cheating their way to it then they’re bad and don’t deserve it. might as well just put achievements on the ingame store if there’s no value in the challenge

2 Likes

so then everyone just queue syncs solo. the main thing that will break queue syncing isn’t anything in the code, it’s higher participation. i can get 35 people into the same bg because only 11 people per minute queue up on average. so if we all get in line at the same time, we are generally going to get into the next bg or so because they only have 2-3 going at any one time. even if we split, we still have the numbers to control and dominate multiple bgs simultaneously.

the way to fix this is to have so many people queueing that it becomes impossible to get into the next bg as there would be dozens or even hundreds starting at once.

philosophically i agree, but its just an achievement, people are going to cheese it just like they cheese mounts and aotc/ksm/2100.

this is why names matter, people in the pvp community know who is good and who isn’t. its why you realize after a while of pvping that arguments over exp or titles or linking achievements don’t matter, yeah that guy has 5 glad titles, they didn’t stop me from pummeling him into the ground in IBT.

Yeh thats just a cringe way of saying cheating. Also youre just bad

5 Likes

oh darn.‎‎

And ur mog sucks

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. Sometimes you don’t have time to call out in chat.

That kind of attitude doesn’t help anyone.

It really is satisfying watching people destroy you on the forums defending premading when you sit at a 70% win rate (including Epics and Comp Stomp BG) with you yourself stating you premade with friends. Thats a low win rate for someone that premades

Lets be honest here, the 1800 sets do suck.

Also what is so bad about people working together on both sides achieving bg achievements? lolol i would understand if it like glad or hero but it aint.

ye keep telling yourself that, wintrader.

or getting a 12 year old rated pvp achievement? :slight_smile:

yeah thats how people view rating too.

it’s just rating. people are going to cheese it like they cheese mounts and aotc/ksm/unrated pvp titles.

I guess wintrading never really existed guys! We were being fooled the whole time!

1 Like

i really have no idea who you are, but i know you can’t do math, my wr is around 95%. what i find hilarious though is the straight up attacks, like no angle, no reason, just toxicity.

there is that inherent difference of blizzard came out and said not to do it in rated. official stances are official.

1 Like

HAHAHAHA bro… come on… seriously… you do realise your win ratio is perfectly public ?

You sit at 70% with premades. That is poor.

wintrading was called wintrading before blizzard officially deemed so.

just because somebody officially deems something as wintrading, and disregards other interchangable things doesnt mean the latter is excepted.

you don’t even need to critically think about this stuff.

1 Like

I’ve got nothing against a few players cheesing a PvP achievement. You know players in cross-faction communities are going to start doing it. That Wintergrasp one would just take a few players peeling off and knocking it out mid-match.

The conflict of interest for everyone ELSE in the match is they’re trying to win a game and the ones cheesing an achievement are essentially not playing. So words will fly, reports will fly, the AFK hall monitors will rend their garments and gnash their teeth.

Blizzard probably won’t care either way for a one-off event. But if big cross-faction communities start overtly controlling matches, and the infrastructure is already in place to do it, Blizzard is going to have to break the sync-queue system.

1 Like