Annual Mage Tower

Great to hear your old man is playing the game, but we don’t bring back old exclusive items just because people missed out. Let’s just make better, newer challenge mode things for bfa and beyond.

1 Like

No need to bring back old mage tower…but
Can we please get more things like this? solo challenges that give unique rewards that nobody can say you got carried to

3 Likes

If they don’t do a challenge mode for BFA, I will lose my mind.

The best thing about Legion was the mage tower challenges.

“Handed out”

I must have missed the sentence where he wanted to spend 100k or whatever nethershards for an appearance.

2 Likes

Digital artificial scarcity is so edgy in 2k19.

3 Likes

Hate to be that guy, your old man sounds chill, but Mage Towers should remain exclusive because they were advertised as time sensitive content. Time sensitive means time sensitive. It should not return.

2 Likes

Yeah, handed out. Artifact weapons were the cornerstone of Legion class balance, and they’re inactive. You can’t duplicate the difficulty of the challenges anymore.

Handed.

Out.

There are a lot of other skins and tints you can get the ol man but sadly I agree that mage tower appearances should stay locked.

1 Like

I like when things are limited or rare in game.

This is what gives it value or worth.

1 Like

If the challenge is the same it’s not a handout. Or do you view naxx40 coming up in classic as a handout too, simply because it will be available again? Remove the time element and view the events independently.

1 Like

You berate me for “not reading” whilst not reading yourself?

You mean the original version of Naxxramas in the original version of WoW? Where everything from that era is active and preserved?

Are you serious?

1 Like

Yes it is. BFA class design and Legion class design are two different things. 95% of this game can be achieved at any time. The few time sensitive things brought forth should remain time sensitive. It inspires players to play here, and now, supporting the game and achieving something that won’t be here any longer. That’s the point.

Mage towers were available for over a year. While the OP’s old man wasn’t playing at the time, it’s not a reason that’s good enough to go back on something being advertised as time sensitive, and would cheapen the accomplishments of others who put forth the time and effort to acquire something in that given time frame under that understanding.

1 Like

I know they are inactive. But code isn’t like granite working with your bare hands, it can be changed.

Let’s just make every time-sensitive skill challenge available! Challenge mode sets from Mists/WoD? Available again!

What? You mean that cheapens the value of those rewards and spits on the people who actually went out of their way to earn them? Woah, and you mean to say class design isn’t even what it was in those eras? You don’t say!

1 Like

Imagine how that must feel to tell someone, “Oh hey here is this fun piece of content that I enjoyed doing in this expansion. But you can’t do it because I don’t want my pixels to be devalued.”

If the challenge can be fixed and facsimile to when it was live, then it should stay. Be a bit more imaginative. Blizzard is perfectly capable of conditionally having multi-strike be turned of WoD CMs, having the artifacts be only available for mage tower.

Being able to play old content is a big draw of Classic. And its a shame that it has taken this long for Blizzard to make it available again. They should treat more of their content as such. Just look at how transient seasonal content holds the community. One gimmick and one more FOMO to keep people hooked, until they burn out.

2 Likes

They would be the same. Same difficulty, same skills, same level, same gear, same stats.

“spits on the people who actually went out of their way to ‘earn’ them”

soooooo what about all the people who bought carries through Mists Challenge mode and in Wod too, I know I made a quite a bit of gold from it.

and as far as the “hard work” that went into the mage tower…maybe for the first few weeks, but lets not forget that by the time legion was ending, the mage tower was a gimmick at best, you could do that place with 1 hand on the keyboard. In fact I got my holy and Prot versions with 3 maybe 4 buttons on my action bars.

1 Like

Don’t care. I really don’t. We should be designing new content. Not constantly retuning old content that was advertised as time sensitive. You’re speaking to deaf ears right now.

Or, they can leave classic as it is and continue designing things for the live game. By your logic, we should have a Legion server. Sure, OP’s old man and anyone else can go get their shenanigans on a Legion server if / when it comes out by Blizzard and is legitimate, but like classic, it should have no bearing on the current game. Trophies are trophies.

I have told people that things are time sensitive and no longer achievable for the sake of maintaining a prestigious trophy for those who excelled. They got over it. So will other people.

2 Likes

Nope. Leave the past in the past. Promote for there to be new challenges with cool new exclusives for your old man to go after.

1 Like

This doesn’t help you. Devaluing the work of others (and yourself) makes you come off disingenuous while trying to push an agenda. If you cannot be constructive while providing feedback and can only bring forth strawman arguments, it’s not good.

1 Like