Annoyed by the false "limited time" advertising

I remember rushing to buy the 12 month sub for the mounts and such by I think Jan 8 or something as the offer was supposed to end/be limited time.

Here it is now, April, and it’s still in the in-game shop - available.

If I had of known it’d still be available all these months later, I would have waited until now to buy it.

2 Likes

No, I believe in giving everyone a fair chance at existing items even if they were limited time. FOMO sucks.

6 Likes

I feel like this is a personal problem lol.

Honestly, I’m not sure why anyone would “rush” to pay cash for mounts anyway. There are hundreds of mounts in the game now, they are all effectively worthless.

It is.

Being available longer than OP thought =/= not being limited time.

1 Like

Rich people problems XD

4 Likes

There was never an end date on this year sub.

Unless you stopped playing for months during the 12 month sub, you’re getting the mounts for free as an added bonus for paying for a year of gametime in advance (something I would never recommend doing).

You did. It didn’t say limited time.

LAST YEAR’S did. This year’s didn’t.

Don’t assume it’s true for one year just because it was for another.

There are only 3 mounts in the game.
Dragonriding, legacy riding, and utility mounts.
And there are rediculous amounts of different models and colors, but none of them, per mount class, does anything better or more than any other.
The only reason people want the different mounts is to say , “Look at me!!”, LOL

I myself, could never commit to a year sub for anything they could possibly offer.

I only did it because I got my backpay from SSI and figured I would buy it while I had that excess money so I didn’t have to worry about game time for a bit after I’m back to only my little bit a month. Lol.

Makes logical sense.
But my worry is always what happens if for some reason the game starts to really suck, you still have to pay for a game you no longer want to play.

I see no reference to a time frame.

1 Like

So why advertise it as limited time? The cash store sucks way more than fomo does. Fomo is a you issue, cash stores are destroying video games

2 Likes

I so wish I could double upvote this ^^

This is gospel truth right here.

It was never limited time. I don’t know where people are getting this from. Only the first one was limited time. This one never was. Nor was it ever advertised as such.

Then don’t buy a year sub.

1 Like

Yeah. It is quite funny seeing all of these store enjoyers getting upset at a store item being FOMO. You have no right to get upset about the “integrity” of this game when you purchase from a store, within a game that costs you monthly, after a $50+ price tag.

2 Likes

False. There was. I remember because I noted it on my calendar and I made sure I bought it like 3 days before the date. Then it got “extended” to the end of January. Then the date just sort of disappeared and it’s still there. I wouldn’t have bought it if there was no date, as I had game time until April. But I didn’t want to miss out.

1 Like

Nope. That was the first thing I checked when it was advertised again. Only the first year sub was limited time, because they didn’t know if they’d continue the model. There was never a date.

If I knew they were going to delete it, I would have taken a screen shot. I know it was to end the beginning of January.

1 Like

Nothing was deleted.