Annoyed by the false "limited time" advertising

This is a post made about it in October last year:

New 12-Month Subscription Offer Now Available for World of Warcraft - Wowhead News

Even though i have seen many of my old “rare” items given away for nothing in recent months, i kinda like the new paradigm. I’m now in the habit of ignoring stuff in-game because i know they’ll come back around again, like this Plunderstorm crap, why torture myself playing that awful game when i know that they’ll end up on the Trading Post or a Twitch drop at some point in the months/years to come :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe read it again? She is not saying people should not have a chance, she is saying blizzard shouldn’t lie about it being limited time. They may not have, but she is not saying you shouldn’t have a chance.

1 Like

I think i see the confusion

Its doesnt say limited time only, the January date refers to the reveal of the Chinesse New Year Mount.

The date on the bottom is just saying when players with a renewed sub will see thier mounts.

OP probably just saw dates, didnt read article or what the dates were about, then baught it without reading anything else.

2 Likes

Yep, this is my theory as well.

2 Likes

I’m not crazy, I found a bit of proof

I never said you were crazy. Looks like they accidentally put the date in based off the old one and had to fix it.

All I know is I saw the date, I marked it, I bought it before said date. And now I kick myself because I apparently didn’t have to buy it in January.

I’m confused. Is your issue that you are annoyed that you could have bought the years sub promo offer later? But wouldn’t you have been subbed in the interim regardless? It’s not like your paid months get overwritten and therefore wasted. They get tacked onto whatever time you already have remaining.

That post states that a date was incorrectly placed and swiftly removed on October 28th, 2023. But you’re saying you went back and purchased it at a later time.

So you went back to your bookmark and handed over $155 without double checking / re-reading anything lol
Come on, you have to admit that’s a blunder on your part and isn’t really false advertisement.

1 Like

Yeah, so basically I haven’t played a whole a lot this year. Meaning, if I had of known it wasn’t going away I would have waited. Right now my sub would be expiring, if I knew it wasn’t going to go away I could have bought it after I came back from a break vs now I have 1 year game time and I don’t want to play lol.

Well, if thats true then you did see an incorrect notification which they corrected as soon as the realised. Not sure what you could gain from a complain since the would still say you received a 12 months sub regardless of the date.

What would you want Blizzard to do for you in this instance?

PS: just saw your comment. I dunno, maybe post the issue on Customer Support and see what they say?

That post said they didn’t see it anymore, I swear all through December I did keep checking and kept seeing the date, and made sure I bought it before the date. Cause I wanted to wait until what I assumed as “last minute” without missing the deal.

More money, more problems.

I think Gal’s point was based off of this:

saying “Offer valid until 8 January 2024” but later that day it was not showing and even now it is not showing

While the date was there briefly… it still would have been a good idea to check first, ask in CS, etc. prior to the purchase, just to double check.

Frustrating? Yep. False advertising? Not really.

Its keywords from marketing to force your brain to think “Oh I might miss out, I better buy it now!” . Manipulation.

Shop defenders deserve what they get lol

1 Like

Im glad you feel like a sucker, because you are objectively. Skill issue.

Watch it be in the traveler’s shop eventually, then you’ll really look back and be pissed.

I’m fine with it. If WoW is the only MMO you are going to play, it simply gets cheaper this way. And given to how expensive life is, this price is fairly cheap for 12 months (!) of game time.