Anniversary Mount Should Have Been A Fel Reaver

A Heritage mount sounds like a good idea to tie in with the Heritage look. But the Vicious mounts are mainly from PvP though. So maybe a mount with the armor but not the same coat color or give a version of the first mounts from Classic.

you mean like an updated classic model, with armor that screams out heritage of the races from vanilla to MoP?

Nobody:
Blizz: Here’s a re-skinned dragonhawk :clown_face:

3 Likes

Excellent point. If you’re going to go, go BIG.

And bonus points if that sucker could let out the iconic roar.

3 Likes

only if its /mountspecial was the big noise it makes!

3 Likes

I’ve never thought these hawk mounts looked good.

It’s actually this one

It’s entirely possible the current mount model is a placeholder, given Anniversary wouldn’t be for ~7 months.
Though Dragonhawk is an odd choice, its less “BC” and more “Blood Elf”. Fel reaver maybe, but outside of being a meme in Hellfire they really didn’t do much. HD netherdrake would be a good one, or something outlandish like a Sporreger mount

Hear me out:

High resolution netherwing drake

Or

High resolution ashes of Al’ar.

Would have been easy, simple, lots of FOMO to bring people back.

2 Likes

Either way, pretty boring.

Good idea. I was trying to think of an iconic mount and these fit the bill. My vote would be netherwing and let ashes remain a rare drop people still seek.

I was kind of proud when I got the blue dragonhawk over a decade ago after all the dungeon, daily & rep grinding. Everything else since has been an auto reward and just increase in my total mounts.

My Sunreaver Dragonhawk mount is one of the coolest I have.

I think they’re pretty and I wouldn’t mind having a black one.

Guess I’m easy to please.

Does it say drop rate? is it 100% first kill?