Angry casuals and S4

Casuals might be casual at the game, but they’re pro at being outraged.

Not all of us. I don’t have the time or energy to be outraged by every little thing that goes on in my entertainment.

No no

We complain if we’re not rewarded for simply logging in. I deserve everything because I pay a sub

Seriously I don’t get the outrage either :man_shrugging:t2: But it’s the forums, they’re pretty much in a constant state of throwing a tantrum

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a flat 30% HP/dmg buff lol that is not confirmed at all and would put the fated raids in very unequal proportion of difficulty. Meaning not many people would do sepulcher because even with 20 more ilvl a 30% buffed sepulcher isn’t clearable in a week by most guilds.

The issue isn’t that LFR players aren’t getting access to the slime cat mount, it’s that Blizzard yanked the rug out from under LFR players by making them think they could earn it until a few days before the season was due to start.

If, from the get go, Blizzard had said “You must complete the fated raids on normal difficulty or higher to get the slime cat.” no one would have given a damn. Sure there would be some players who would ask for LFR to be included and raise the question as to why LFR players were excluded but there wouldn’t be the anger we’re seeing now.

This mess is entirely Blizzards doing and they should fix it before S4 goes live by making it possible for LFR players to earn the mount, which they didn’t say wasn’t possible until a few days ago.

By the way? As of right now the in-game achievement panel still implies that you can earn the slime cat mount if you do LFR. It has NOT been updated. So players who do not pay attention to the forums or any news posts and do LFR content are going to be PISSED when they complete all the fated raids on LFR and don’t get the reward the achievement says they should be getting.

3 Likes

Sometimes I wish all casuals would go one or two months to another game, to let this people know how minority they are and how they’re not enough to sustain the game without casuals.

There we might see a different ridiculous approach.

1 Like

Then you’d have a very dead game.

The hardcore community of MMOs is extremely small, Wildstar tried to cater to the hardcore community and ignored the casual players. The MMO was forced to go F2P and then it got shut down after the bulk of the casual players there quit after realizing they were getting ignored.

3 Likes

I’m casual, not angry, I don’t care about that Slime-Cat, but before everything else I don’t want to test stuff to fix old tuning.

If this 0.1% is a true fact then Blizzard is doing things wrong. When there’s something I don’t like I move on for months to years. I’m still curious about about S4, not sure if I’ll enjoy it

2 Likes

Normal raids are for casuals.

We usually get nerfs to the raid and a long while to push CE or get far into content on several characters.

Also, the end of expansion usually gives people time to go casual mode and get achieves/stuff they’re missing without missing more things.

Yeah, that’s why I wish it happens for one more or two, so “hardcore” players realize. I am not against adding things for hardcore players or difficult stuff like Mage Tower with their required rewards. I tend to dip there myself and plan, if I get into the game like before, to continue learning.

But at least some unlocks, upgrade Cypher gear or anything that gives casuals stuff to do would be nice.

INB4 “Why do you want higher gear to do world quests?”

Because we all like feeling more powerful, not only raiders.

I think everyone defines casual differently. To me casuals are people who do no sort of grouped content in WoW and only care about collecting crap.

I do believe it’s a small minority of people who do this but they have the loudest voices on the forums talking about WQs and stuff 90% of the population does not enjoy.

Has nothing to do with hours played. You can be a “hardcore” raider on < 8 hours a week.

They could have added a couple of cypher levels to the world content, to give us that enjoy world content some advancement and a carrot to chase until the next expansion. The top end didn’t need an ilvl increase either, it’s there to give them a reason to keep raiding. Its not that hard to figure out…

1 Like

I define casual as those who do not do much raids or M+, and if they do, it is at a normal level.

Or most people that go around doing world quests and such and all they do when there is a drought is, well, go back to old stuff or AFK in Trade District/Orgrimmar.

The winds of wisdom was a nice addition, but it’d be cool if Blizz didn’t neglect the open world, seems they are always so focused on adding seasons for stuff like Keystone Master and all that. Something as easy as letting “casuals” upgrade cypher gear higher would’ve been nice.

Yah I mean some people like that but some want to keep playing. At the point where most people will be one night clearing the raid soon and a lot of people don’t care about alts.

Ive found the casual problem becomes much clearer if you look at it from the perspective of that friend/family member that toooootally wants to get a job but every time you try to nail down something theyd be happy with they always end up describing wanting to smoke weed erryday and watch tv but like, make 6 figures and cant understand why you tell them thats unrealistic.

Why exactly should you be jumping from world content to M+?

M0s are the bridge between world content and M+.

Which normally means while raiders and M+ still have the same goals to keep chasing (AOTC/CE, higher rating, etc), people doing nothing but world content also still don’t do anything new. Why exactly does that need to change for a patch cycle lasting for less time than your average tier?

I just define it as time played mixed with how serious you take progression.
Mythic Raiders and/or people pushing keys higher than 20 are not Casual obviously but you can get KSM and AOTC playing very casually.

I think Solo player is a better term than casual. There are plenty of people who play solo and are in game for hours and hours each week. That’s not casual it’s just an aversion to group play.

1 Like

This isn’t about “every little thing”, frankly. It’s about Blizzard slapping casuals in the face, again, after all the fancy talk they did a few months ago about supporting open world play.

Whatever they want to experiment on in raids, they could have allowed the world quest ilvls to increase, and they didn’t even bother to do even that.

2 Likes

If you don’t care about this why would you post about it?

This issue is more so that it was a bait and switch. And they neglected a whole bunch of players, and they have had similar mounts that are time-limited being available through lfr. The precedent is corehound and obsidian world breaker. This mount is going away.

This mount was also something the community voted for. Those players that wanted the slimecat may not be interested in pugging. Not to mention that the raidfinder is much more accessible and is split up into wings. Making you effectively be able to do this in smaller chunks of play time, and not a full clear.

Overall it is dissapointing and irritating on many fronts. Season 4 basically says lfr does not count as raiding. Similar wording in the past was used for previous mounts as mentioned above. This is overall a bad situation.

3 Likes