Angry casuals and S4

I personally picked WoW because it offered solo world content and advertised it widely vs the other MMOs of the day.

I picked it because it was the Hello Kitty MMORPG that catered to casuals at the expense of the hardcore.

Back then hardcore were EQ and EQ2. WoW was the equivalent of maybe, Maple Story level of engagement

1 Like

Where did you see 30% buff lmao that doesn’t even make sense? That’s not how scaling works. That would make mythic sepulcher almost impossible but sire a meme.

You also have to realize what a small fraction of players only do WQs is. It is a very small team working on this and even doing that is probably a substantial time sink. And it can’t be reused in the future. They already know how to scale zones… not raids.

Including the ones who quit because they had nothing to do and it was clear Blizzard didn’t care about their subs? I don’t think so.

It’s mostly been an issue because the wording on the achievement said ANY difficulty, which historically has included LFR. A lot of people have kept their sub to take part in this experiment on those terms. Which, considering LFR is also included in the Fated rotation means this is also silly.

What I’m very curious about now is that the new wording seems to imply the Slime Cat is only available in Normal, and the title is only available in Heroic. Which means if you want both that would be a huge time commitment.

That is if this hasn’t been clarified to mean Heroic is the one-stop-shop. They made the whole situation more confusing than it needed to be.

They are making new content. It’s going to be called Dragonflight.

I think it’s if you do the higher difficulty you get rewards from the lower ones but you never know xD

I do think they’ll add slime cat back to LFG though. Makes no sense to not do so.

Even if they don’t though it’s not a huge deal or shouldn’t be at least. I tried for several hours to get the spellbook mount but I suck at solo content like that and don’t want to spend hours watching tutorials. So I admitted it isn’t something I’m good at and moved on.

Agreed. I think there’s a lot of fun ideas they could’ve tried for this experiment.

1 Like

I always thought at its core that the Eye of the Jailer (although super flawed in its execution) could have been a great way to add something to the overworld.

The more challenging solo content you do the more gimmicks pop up, more rewards, and more quests/events become available to you.

Alas, another system Blizzard abandoned because it didn’t launch flawlessly.

1 Like

Torghast and others had great potential for endless solo AND group play. But just a complete whiff. Would’ve been a cool way for tmogs/etc but instead they used it as a way to time gate and annoy players like myself who hate solo content

I feel Legion succeeded at it rather well. They could had fed upon those ideas and flexed it out more proficiently, but seemed to focus on some other loud features that were simply there - and flush them out in a not-so-grand way. :grimacing:

If we’re fortunate - perhaps they’ll add more to the experiment. Like a ‘Phase 2 of patch XYZ’ :joy: lol

1 Like

Torghast is such a shameful thing on Blizzard’s record. It could have been so cool. It had such potential in the Alpha, and you can go back and watch old demos of it to see how people liked it. Then they had to take the fun-nerf bat to it, tie a grind to force everyone into it, and then when people didn’t like it? Let it rot.

Torghast, Scenarios, Islands, Warfronts… all things that could have been built on if they were just given TLC and proper development.

2 Likes

Yah all of this has been tied to player power in someway which has caused the issue so hopefully dragonflight is the end of that.

Raiders don’t want to do that content (for the most part) and making us do it makes it worse for everyone because if it takes too long it has to be mega nerfed because raiding itself takes enough time for casual raiders.

I want them to do more stuff like mage tower. I’ll never partake in it but it’s cool and good for the game. Especially if they add mounts and tmogs

1 Like

Ppl are mad?

You mean a reward that for months said was obtainable at any difficulty to only be told at the 11th hour that they really didn’t mean any difficulty?

If this was an error on their part with the text , it should of been fixed months ago and not told to players at pretty much the last minute.

THis is the biggest reason people are upset . If told say back in April when this all came out that LfR was not included for the mount , I doubt there would of been the backlash we have seen the last few day.

4 Likes

You would cry too, if they nerfed it for you!
da ta da-tah daah!

3 Likes

Hello, I see you posted a thread about casuals. I’m not sure why people are angry, Season 4 looks exciting and appears to be a great addition for all playstyles! Casual players aren’t being left out as this new season has fantastic content for them as well, such as unsubbing and going to play the award winning MMO, Final Fantasy 14!

Thanks for your post and have a fantastic day!

To tell others why they shouldnt be complaining ? Errm not really but ok.

That really depends for some players. I’m mainly playing at around 5-7 AM (sometimes sooner.), with an Australian friend of mine and there are simply no normal raids to join at those hours.

That’s true for most people though. It’s especially bad late in a patch. LFR queues will be long too

This is a load of bull and you know it