Angerforge was a Blizzard social experiment

Yes, we should have taken one of the many PVE server offerings that came out the day AF launched.

Its player vs player. not level vs equivalent level.

If you don’t want to be ganked don’t go to a pvp server. That’s the literally the point of its existence, ganking and being ganked. Bad troll delete this thread

2 Likes

The OP’s point isn’t that world PVP should be fair.

The issue is that Blizz promised no xfers to ensure a fresh experience. Part of that experience, especially on a PVP server, are the battles that occur between levelers. It really only happens within the first few weeks of a new server and it’s glorious. Everyone is on the same level to start.

The fact that skyfury was so overpopulated is proof that people enjoy that experience.

What Blizz did in allowing 70s fresh off an AV weekend to come to Angerforge, ruining the fresh server experience.

4 Likes

Why did you roll on a PVP server tho, doesn’t matter what Blizzard did and didn’t, PVP servers won’t change. You have 0 credibility coming here complaining about PVP whatever the reasons and circumstance.

It was 2 pretty big weeks though. We had a full AV weekend. A LOT of people have at least 1 level 70 in full S4 gear with epic flying and a few thousand gold.

Considering that on day 3, Angerforge had maybe a handful of level 70s, and the AH was still full of items at leveling prices (not so far from vendor pricing), it’s not that hard to see the type of impact that could have, even if just the hit to morale.

Then take a look at the announcement of Angerforge:

Does this suggest that transfers are going to be enabled in 3 days?

3 Likes

I mean it does and it doesn’t. Getting ganked isn’t the worst thing in the world, but I feel there is a major differnece here.

People who transfer a 70 here know full well that the vast majority of the established playerbase is going to be <40, trying to level and that they have a massive advantage over them.

You must see that this is going to be an attractive proposition to the type of person who enjoys ganking in the first place.

I honestly hope that you are right and my worries are unfounded, but at this point, I fear for the remainder of my levelling experience.

PVP happened on a PVP server.

This is not the normal PvP you would have had on Skyfury day 3-4. Even those who had already hit max level were farming AV and gold, not sitting in Arathi Highlands in full Brutal gear one shotting people who are trying to get to the next quest hub. I think it’s pretty funny how people who aren’t even playing on the server are coming here to tell people “Actually, you’re wrong. This is how it should be; this is totally normal.” when those who leveled on Skyfury a couple weeks ago can offer evidence to the contrary.

These sort of transfer waves cause massive harm to the servers they happen to, but this is especially true on a brand-new server trying to progress normally.

2 Likes

I’m not usually one to sympathize with PvP servers, but there’s a point to be made here. No one is complaining that PvP happened on a PvP server, they’re upset that people on Skyfury, who had 2 weeks to race to 70 and grind Brutal Gladiator, were able to transfer to what was advertised as a fresh server 3 days after it was created

4 Likes

There is always someone sweatier then you grinding out levels and gear. Maybe the transfers pushed this forward a couple days, but it was coming regardless.

1 Like

Maybe Blizzard should have created more than one fresh PvP server from the beginning. Maybe they should have clearly stated that if the servers became low pop they would merge them. But nooooooo.

When’s the last time Blizzard made a good decision about servers? When’s the first time, for that matter?

1 Like

Too true, we might as well just fully open transfers to the fresh realms since the inflation, GDKPs, and faction imbalance are all coming regardless.

Skyfury dead?

It was a social experiment that proved F R E S H is a stale meme that can expire in less than 3 weeks.

1 Like

The amount of people who completely miss the point of the OP is pretty sad.

4 Likes

So why Angerforge? Did you miss the entire point?

In 2 weeks there won’t be a single post about skyfury angerforge issues

Yes welcome to a pvp server.

Best to have all the carebears unsub now before they mess up other servers ahead of time because they can’t stand getting ganked on a pvp server.

You would have been dealing with 70s in full brutal by the end of the weekend even without transfers. Fact is, this fresh showed that it takes less than 2 weeks for a fresh server to become no different than any other server.

1 Like